Jasper

Screwboys brief review Tuesday March 2019

I visited midweek in January. Found lots of twinky guys as you say, some definitely in need of a sandwich, but nowhere near as busy or as smoky as you describe. The one guy I chatted with gave very uninterested vibes so I left after that. I didn’t much like the mamasan either who was alternately too pushy or too hard to find. I also found it busy at first but then when I looked closer I realized that most of the other people weren’t customers, just off duty guys and their friends.

Despite a not great first impression, I am interested in visiting again though as things change so much from night to night. 

7 hours ago, Jasper said:

The difference of boys attitude was striking, boys looking at you smiling, obviously eager for an off, my friend commented it’s a quite refreshing as he got so used to Jupiter/Moonlight boys.

Unfortunately, mamasans, customers and boys are all smoking cigarettes like there’s no tomorrow adding the place is very compact and stuffy, I decided I could not stay any longer since I wasn’t wearing gas mask.

I, too, aborted visited a visit on my recent trip by the smoking. If anything, I think smoking in just about all venues has increased over the past several years. Even in the outside bars, non-smokers frequently have to weigh the options of tolerating the air or moving on to a hopefully less--but rarely smoke free--environment.

5 hours ago, Wynter11 said:

I also found it busy at first but then when I looked closer I realized that most of the other people weren’t customers, just off duty guys and their friends.

Despite a not great first impression, I am interested in visiting again though as things change so much from night to night. 

I know of several VN massage guys who congregate at Screwboy when their shifts end about midnight.

As is the case in many bars, the scene can change noticeably from night to night so one disappointing visit could be quickly forgotten on a different evening.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, jason1975 said:

I love Screwboys! Over the years, I’ve had several memorable offs with twinks from Screwboys. Quite a number of boys are first timers in Bangkok. After a few months and gaining experience, they move onto the other gogo bars.

As above basically....Screwboys is my 'go to' bar in BKK and I always have fun there, it is a bit more like an 'old skool' type gogo bar but I like that...I'm a non smoker too and it can be a pain but 30-40 cute guys soon make up for that.  Never seen at 'starving' type waifs there but there are a variety of types Viet, Khmer, Laos & Thai...looking forward to being there in 4 weeks time!

I was there tonight for about an hour. The boys were sexy and there were more boys working than in ANY other bar I visited tonight.  Dreamboys was dead with 6 boys on stage. The vibe was good, tons of cute twinks and yes, smoking all over.  I hate smoking but usually don't notice until I leave and have watery eyes (if cute boys inside as that distracts me). ;)

4 hours ago, Michael said:

I was there tonight for about an hour. The boys were sexy and there were more boys working than in ANY other bar I visited tonight.  Dreamboys was dead with 6 boys on stage. The vibe was good, tons of cute twinks and yes, smoking all over.  I hate smoking but usually don't notice until I leave and have watery eyes (if cute boys inside as that distracts me). ;)

Brilliant, sounds like a fun night...counting down the days now until I return!