TotallyOz

Soi Twilight - RIP - Ghosttown March 2019

Sad to see soi Twilight go, but for the foreseeable future, there are numerous little sois parallel to Patpong that could accommodate the gay bars, so I remain optimistic that the gay scene will carry on.   

I do agree that the layout in Screwboys is poor.  The boys are in 3 rows, which is 2 rows too many.  The whole layout needs rotating through 90degrees, so the stage is wider, obviously combined with enforcing rotation of the boys.     A long narrow stage with a full height mirror behind it would be good.

• Members

The stage in Screwboys used to run along the wall opposite the door, and it was only deep enough to have two rows of boys. It was rotated 90 degrees from the present layout, and was wider than the present stage. I agree about the poor view now from much of the seating.

Maybe a pedestal or mini stage for 2-3 boys,  (with rotation of the boys) near the other end of the bar would help. The bar is not shaped well to change much. A pedestal for 2-3 boys would be inexpensive for the bar to construct.

Last night my friend visited Freshboys Twilight to see a Cambodian ex Jupiter boy.

He reported at 11 pm there were 40 boys but only 4 customers and increased to 14 customers at 12 o’clock show time. :unsure:

Cambodian boy confirmed he is moving to Soi 4 but he says working at Freshboy isn’t fun compared to Jupiter.

Re Screwboys the guy do actually rotate on stage, from back to front and then as they come to the front from left to right, agreed the layout is a compromise...but it adds a certain 'intensity' to that bar (with 30-40 guys) that you'd loose if you flipped it to a single row.  The boys dominate that bar but in a good way, that's why your getting all the attention when you go in there as they know there's plenty of competition for an off so they have to try harder than boys in other bars.  Its edgy and fun once you get into it, and me personally I prefer that vibe to some of the other Twilight bars (or rather former Twilight bars) that feel a bit more sterile to me...but each to their own.

Also if you ask the staff to find you a better seat they will often hustle the boys not on stage who will be lounging around hogging a few seats playing with their delightful anatomy to move.

I actually think the biggest problem is the lighting and a LOT more could be done to improve the feature lighting around the stage plus ambient lighting around the seating which would make life a lot easier, I must admit my eyes struggle to adjust at first when I enter from outside.