18past19

Would it be safe to go to BKK at the end of April/early May?

Having enjoyed my first trip so much last December, I am now planning another trip to BKK again. I am going to have a couple weeks off end of this month into early May. But I am still a bit worried about conditions in BKK in light of recent general elections.

Don’t worry I think it will be good timing. Songkran will be well over by a couple of weeks. By unfortunate timing, I have to visit for work on 15 April which means all the boys will be completely exhausted from the festivities. Luckily I only stay two days and return in late May/early June for a proper visit. At least when you get there they’ll be rested and fresh. The coronation may cause some bar closures but am pretty sure massage places will be less affected and the apps should be lively. 

14 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Things should be fine...your possible dates encompass the coronation of the King...may mean some closures, etc.  

On what do you base your "may mean or etc..""?

I can assure you that all bar owners that I know have heard nothing.

Or are you basing it on the last election 69 years ago?

Interesting...I used the word “closures” in replying to the OP. Admittedly, I should have written “road closures”, my fault.  But the commentators responses went to bars and alcohol...

So, I rewrite my reply - you shouldn’t have a problem and there will be celebratory mood as the coronation happens during your visit. Possible problem will be an increase in visitors and some road closures near the coronation area.