forky123

Zing Resort and Spa Wifi

34 minutes ago, witty said:

Reasonably spotty WiFi connection  depending on how far you are from the router. But good enough to check emails and Gay apps. That was my experience last year. 

same same here last October, don't recall any substantial problems

General thoughts on the subject of WiFi.

I hate it when you have to log in via browser, with username and password, and might have to repeat every time you you use wireless internet.

On the other side I once was at a place that had no password, you could directly get into their WiFi. I vaguely remember it was a remote location, and everyone within reach of their WiFi would be a customer at that place.

Zing wifi was fine when I stayed there.

I don't think it was quite as fast as Mosaik, which I tested at 35 Mb/s. 

The Classrooms Wifi had a diabolical signal in my room, at the beach end of the hotel.    I tried it down the other end of the corridor and they had a 5 GHz band, which I measured at 80 MB/s.   The installation of the lift has screwed up wifi at one end of the hotel, so they are going to fix it.   To be fair, out of 22 hotels tried on my last trip, The Classrooms had the best bed, the best room safe and by far the best shower.     

Generally, I have encountered pitiful wifi at a lot of Thai hotels until the last couple of years, so either they are improving it or my selection of hotels is getting better.