anthogay38

Help me to prepare my trip

Hello all,

I am preparing a trip to Asia this summer. I thought about Thaïlande. I am looking for sun, fun, massages, gogo, sex... :)

I would like to go in two or three cities during my trip. I heard about Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pattaya, Phuket...

Can you help me to select the three hotest cities of Thaïlande ?

I heard that summer is not the best period to go to Thaïlande. Is there any fun and local boys at this period anyway?

Thx for helping me :)

PS : Sorry for my very bad english^^

The summer is fine. Perhaps a little rain, but not much.

Plenty of boys and gogo bars. Same as high season.Less customers, so more boys for you.

Pattaya is the best place for boys and gogo bars. Fewer in Phuket, even fewer in Chang Mai and none in Chang Rai.

Bangkok is the same all year round. Plenty to choose from but more expensive than Pattaya.

If you enjoy the beach and are planning to stay in Pattaya consider basing your self in Jomtien.

It is much more relaxing than Pattaya while being only a short baht bus ride into Pattaya for shopping and Boyz Town.

When my partner and I go we stay in the Jomtien Complex at the Agate Hotel.

I have always found the hotel quiet while being close to the complex bars and a short walk to Dongtan beach

Traveller123 is correct about Jomtien. The gay scene there- no gogo- is more lively than in Pattaya and there is a good selection of gay and gay-friendly hotels in Jomtien Complex. The buses to Pattaya are numerous; seldom do you have to wait longer than a minute though you may have to queue in the late evening to return to Jomtien. The cost is 10 bht. It takes up to fifteen minutes.

Why not try both? My boyfriend and I love the Agate Hotel in Jomtien but prefer the evenings in Pattaya staying in the newly refurbished Ambiance....so we  split our trips between the two.

Londoner has now added more information.

The Jomtien Complex bars are almost all staffed by twinks who I have always found very friendly albeit I am with my partner and never looking for sex.

There are several massage places in the Complex, when I have had a massage they have always provided a HE, although some masseurs were more enthusiastic than others in this respect.

The guy that gave me my best professional kind of massage also told me he was a money boy which I assume meant he would provide full sex, unfortunately when we were in Jomtien in June he had left.

Which bar you go to in Jomtien seems to matter.      I recall another member reporting that the boys ignore the customers and seem too busy partying among themselves.

Well, I walked up and down the street, spotted a few cute lads at Sun Bar & sat down.  The boys were all sat on a couple of tables drinking among themselves.   The customers were sat on separate tables.    The boys were not attempting to mingle.   This matches what the other member said.  I booked a lad on a phone app.

On my next visit, I walked up and down the soi and decided to stop at @Home Bar, directly across the road from Sun Bar.   Here (@Home) the boys were also cute, but this time they mingled, flirted and engaged with customers, so after a while, the delightful boy I want makes eye contact, we chat and he is soon is sat next to me. A successful off follows.   Incidentally, I also got to watch the "action" across the road.   Again, at Sun bar, not a single lad was sat with a customer.  

I have no axe to grind here and as all the bars are open air, other members can observe what is going on for themselves.   However, don't be put off Jomtien by one bad experience.

26 minutes ago, anthogay38 said:

I write on my to do list that I must not go at Sun Bar :p

Relying solely on another member's recommendations for a bar is a little risky, even if I wrote this one.      Different members have different tastes in boys and bars.

However, in the case of Jomtien, I think you are fairly safe to start of with @Home bar.    There you can observe the cute lads and see how well they interact with customers, whilst also sitting directly facing Sun Bar.     Sun Bar might be exactly as I say, or perhaps the management have cracked the whip in the 6 weeks or so since I was there.  So rather than "Don't go to Sun Bar", I would say "Don't start at Sun Bar".  

Incidentally,   Jomtien is a good place for cute twinks, if that is what you want.

Whenever I visit Bangkok, I make time for at least a few days in Pattaya.  As I enjoy sitting in the shade at the beach, I base myself at The Poseidon in Jomtien. As Londoner mentioned the Baht bus is frequent and can deliver me to Sunnee Plaza and/or Boyztown in a few minutes  

I’ve had offs from Sun Bar and @Home. Difference seemed be that I had to indicate my interest at Sun Bar before there was interaction, @Home the boys take the initiative. If it is, or might be, your thing there is a willingness to enjoy 3 way encounters. 

There’s lots of Jomtien and a Boyztown info on the forum. Judy use the search function. 

Have a great time

Do take note of the slight differences in the boys. @Home bar is 100% Khmer,  whereas Sun bar is a cocktail of Thai, Lao, and a sprinkling of Khmer boys. Perhaps the veteran boys at Sun bar will react quicker when they spot familiar faces going up and down the soi.  You can have a vantage point at RR bar next to the Venue to observe both bars. 

IMG_20190413_223520.jpg

I had nearly 3 weeks in Pattaya returning home 10 days ago. I split the trip with the majority spent at the Zing plus a few nights at the Ambience in BT. The former is very gay friendly having some str guests who don’t mind the activities of gay guests (including myself)  and their Asian boyfriends around the very pleasant pool area. Of course the Ambience is a long established gay hotel. I was very happy with both.

The beach at Jomtien is far superior to the Pattaya one.  The former has a so called gay section with Dongtan but this is now far more “mixed” than in past years, but the sea, sand and air is very pleasant either with your boyfriend du jour or maybe alone perhaps chatting with other visitors,  or having a drink or food.

Transport Jomtien > Pattaya is very easy by baht bus (10 - 20 mins to BT), motor cycle taxi and even walking if you want excercise.  

when returning from BT or Sunee with a boy I used motor cycle taxis 3 up including taxi guy. Not recommended if you are nervous but the boys are used to it.

As mentioned already there are twinks in the Jomtien bars. They tend to interact with customers more as the evening progresses, but don’t delay inviting a boy to join you if you are attracted to him, as another customer may off him first. They seldom refuse the offer of a drink.

Boys from Planet Romeo based in Pattaya May sometimes be reluctant to join you in Jomtien.

You will also find some more manly guys in Jomtien Complex.

I find that the  guys in the bar are always eager to get the passers by to sit in the bar and usually sit with them. In fact When I was there in January February I had a problem i  Sun Bar because too many boys will gather round for a drink.

If you are going to the beach it is better to stay at Jomtien because laye afternoon there is a lot of traffic and travelling to Boys Town very slow. Evening travelling to Boy Town or Sunnee for the Bars much qicker.

There are busses running all night between BT/Sunnee and Jomtien.

18 minutes ago, anthogay38 said:

Thanks. Google shows Zing Hotel in first^^

I saw that post on the forum :

Is there lot of risks of flood or tsunami if I go early in July ?

Tsunami occurs when there is a tectonic earthquake with the epicentre in the ocean like the one in 2004 in the Indian Ocean and another one in Japan a few years later. The 2004 Tsunami did not affect Pattaya because it is in an enclosed gulf and not exposed in the ocean.

From what I see in the forums and the facebook flooding in the Jomtien Area and  BT/Sunnee if any it will be a few centimetres and flow away quickly, but I stand to be corrected on this. 

TravellerDave reminded me that when I'm in Jomtien the apps come alive with interest.  Many of those on line are boys from the Jomtien bars.  I haven't had a problem with boys from Planet Romeo coming to Jomtien.

6 hours ago, BL8gPt said:

From what I see in the forums and the facebook flooding in the Jomtien Area and  BT/Sunnee if any it will be a few centimetres and flow away quickly, but I stand to be corrected on this. 

Yes, can anyone please confirm what the flooding (if any) is generally like in Sunee / Boyztown / Jomtien during the wet season?

I've visited other areas during the wet season, particularly Bangkok and Phnom Penh...I really don't mind the rain itself (as long as you're fortunate enough to have somewhere to shelter when it's really heavy...preferably somewhere with cute boys and beer)...but when the streets flood excessively it can be seriously inconvenient trying to get around at all (and especially frustrating if it happens just when all the bars are closing and you're drunk and don't want to wade through knee-deep water just to cross the road lol!). 

2 hours ago, ggobkk said:

TravellerDave reminded me that when I'm in Jomtien the apps come alive with interest.  Many of those on line are boys from the Jomtien bars.  I haven't had a problem with boys from Planet Romeo coming to Jomtien.

That’s true.  I contacted a boy from Planet Romeo at about 6pm whilst staying at the Zing Resort and asked him to come to my room. He was with me in 5 minutes due to working at a Complex bar. He was really cute but not that hot in bed.  perhaps i was the first of several short times for him that evening. But I did on two occasions have boys based in Pattaya not wanting to travel to Jomtien.

In my seventy-plus visits, I've only been inconvenienced by flooding once. That was during a September/October stay. Sometimes in June the area near the Temple  (Junction of 2nd road and Pattaya Tai), the water will quickly reach a few inches but no one seems to take much notice. And thirty minutes later, it's gone.

Flooding is very localised. Once P. and I thought ourselves stuck in Central Mall; the water outside was about twelve inches in depth. He bravely ran (waded!) across 2nd Road and called a taxi. Five minutes later it had taken us to Boyztown,  only a km away....which was bone dry.

By the way, that one day on which I was inconvenienced and watched fish being caught in Boyztown had dried -out by the evening. The soi was barely damp.