bucknaway

Phuket - April 2019

I arrived in Phuket on Friday and immigration was a breeze.  The luggage was already on the belt when i got to baggage claim and i was out of the airport lickety-split. 

The bar scene is a bit smaller than last year.  My Way and Zag show bar have merged and the broke down the walls separating them.   I don't know if they still offer gogo guys to off.   Last night they put on a show outside with all the tables and chairs surrounding a small stage where drag queens performed and hot guys flexed and posed.   The show moved inside and it seemed to be more drag performances and guys dancing so I left there and went to tangmo bar.  

Tangmo bar had about 7 or 8 guys on stage a few maybe 2 were masculine and the rest were Twink or slightly feminine.

Beer prices at zag my way bar was 150 baht and beer at Tangmo was 250 baht. I don't plan to go back to Tangmo but I will give zag one more look to be sure we are not doing go go anymore.

20190419_230803.jpg

20190419_230809.jpg

Thanks Bucknaway.  

We don't get many reports about Phuket, so it's good to hear about the current scene.   I hope you can provide further updates on the gogo bars, apps etc.

I visited my friend at Linly Massage,  he is showing his younger brother's the job and today is their first night touting for customers after only being in Phuket for a couple of days after leaving Issan.  The guys, 3 brothers are all handsome and shy at the moment.  If they are hung like their brother they will be stars in Phuket.

20190420_234329.jpg

20190420_235427.jpg

SmartSelect_20190420-235745_LINE.jpg

I was in Phuket  on March last year it was a waste of time , Paradise complex was like a ghost town not much boys available and the ones who where there weren't attractive at all .no luck at the apps as well.beaches were dirty and the stuff there unfriendly .Everything is overpriced. The glamour days of the past was gone. I will certainly not visit again in the near future.

Glamour? I don't remember any on my first visit in 1997. On that occasion, I knew only Boyztown;  Patong (and the  Paradise Complex ) compared very badly to it in  terms of gay venues available, costs, and- most of all- environment. Much of Pattaya was pretty shabby in those days but the Paradise Complex was, bluntly, dispiriting to visit.

I've returned to Phuket with my boyfriend on an number of occasions since and we prefer to spend our time in other parts of the island.