reader

"Black and horrible"

From The Nation (9 May)

Sophon TV has reported on the state of Pattaya’s beaches and said a 2.6km stretch was a “filthy mess” with a travel operator blaming tourists.

“From north to south Pattaya the beach is a disgrace”, according to Sophon TV. “The water is black and horrible.”

It said the tide line was strewn with plastic bags, bottles, foam containers and other rubbish.

Ladda Limkun, a beach operator, blamed tourists.

“People who eat and drink on the beach just don’t clean up after themselves. And tourists on boat trips just toss their trash in the sea, meaning it washes up on the shore. The authorities have been slow to react to the latest eyesore of rubbish,” she added.

Continues with photos

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369106

On 5/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, reader said:

And tourists on boat trips just toss their trash in the sea,

Jun 2016, me and my guy are returning from Koh Larn by rented speedboat, I have 3 cans of canned coffee so treat guy , boat operator and myself  , operator finished first and promptly tossed can into the sea but at least caught my contemptuous look and said "I'm sorry" , I saved him lecturing but hope he got a message .

To underscore point , even if there was trash can aboard I instructed my guy that we are taking our cans with us. Slowly but surely  beaches will be cleaner , in fact going to breakfast to Foodland few times I noticed beach much cleaner than in the past , all should join in educating those pigs  , tourists and locals alike