martinsen

Signing in to this place

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, t0oL1 said:

when logging in click "remember me"

I keep getting logged out every few hours, even if the tab with the forum is still open. When I log in again, there is no "remember me" to check/click.

Using win10/edge browser. 

17 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

appears on my firefox on login. havent logged in for ages

No, I don't think it does (I just logged in with Firefox).  What you're seeing is a separate "save password" function internal to the Firefox browser.

Michael, is it really that hard to add a "remember me" function on this board (like almost all the other message boards have)?

You're right must be another site. I just had to actively sign out and sign in again to look.

But I haven't had to log in for weeks.

Clearing my history I unclick "clear active log ins"also "cookies" so my login is automatically cached.

there is a trick to logging in that did it for me:

do NOT log in using the login-button or whatever on top of the page. Instead, open any thread, and somewhere at the bottom there will be a "reply" button (or even the quick-reply text box, not sure if that also appears when not logged in, doesn't matter). Then try to reply, which you can't as un-logged-in viewer, then a box will pop up prompting you to log in. THERE THERE WILL BE A CHECK-BOX "REMEMBER ME". Tick that and go.  

Well anyway, that was how it was and worked FOR ME shortly after the transition  of the site. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, Patanawet said:

I wonder why there has been no admin response to this thread.

There wasn't much for me to say. I have said for a long time to go to the main site, log in and click forums. It is two steps that I thought was fairly simple.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, martinsen said:

As far as I know Michael is the only administrator and he does not spend much time administering.  So, don't hold your breath waiting for any change in this matter.

I am on the site 10 times per day and I do read threads of interest to me. Do I read every thread? No. Do I respond to every PM I receive?  Yes. 

So, Martinsen, if you expect someone to reply to your every comment, send a PM. That gets attention.  I do often ready snarky, pissy comments and ignore them.  I figure if someone was proactive enough to send a PM it is important to them. But, sometimes people just like to be pissy and speak. I'm not going to administer every comment unless it is reported as a problem or a PM is received. Does that help you? I realize you new here but I've been pretty consistent for years. Adults in an adult forum can communicate with each other in a friendly way without a Daddy needed to step in daily.

So, to clarify, I love trip reports, bar reports, massage reviews, etc. I am not into photo only threads, politics, or feuds. If you keep watching me, you will see this trend is consistent for 15 plus years. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, martinsen said:

As far as I know Michael is the only administrator and he does not spend much time administering.  So, don't hold your breath waiting for any change in this matter.

Also, BTW, I'm trying to remember how the poster named kjun got banned from this site. Part of this "not much time spent" lets a few things slip. That was under Scooby I think. I sent him a message but have not heard back. Perhaps you can enlighten me? 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

There wasn't much for me to say. I have said for a long time to go to the main site, log in and click forums. It is two steps that I thought was fairly simple.

I use two IPhones to view this site but somehow I cannot login to the forum via my new IPhone.

I can log into the main site but when I click forums it prompts me to login to the forum and cannot sign in to comment.  On the other hand my older IPhone stayed logged in the forum.

I have sent a message using “Contact us” but received no reply.

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I use two IPhones to view this site but somehow I cannot login to the forum via my new IPhone.

I can log into the main site but when I click forums it prompts me to login to the forum and cannot sign in to comment.  On the other hand my older IPhone stayed logged in the forum.

I have sent a message using “Contact us” but received no reply.

Odd.

You sent a message on the Contact Us on April 27th. It was answered less than 48 hours later. Check your spam folder.

What is the difference between the 2 IPhones? Versions, OS?

1. iPhone Xs Max iOS 12.3.1  McAfee Security system installed

2. iPhone 6s Plus iOS  12.3.1

The strange thing is that I used to be able to log in to the forum on the both phones but since 26 April I cannot log in via iPhoneXs.

I receive email from Gayguide every Sundays 00:00 to update my profile but I cannot recall receiving any other mail concerning this problem. Apologies if I missed one.

*****Update: Yes I found your reply in Junk folder.

Yes I have 2 email addresses.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Also, BTW, I'm trying to remember how the poster named kjun got banned from this site. Part of this "not much time spent" lets a few things slip. That was under Scooby I think. I sent him a message but have not heard back. Perhaps you can enlighten me? yh

What enlightenment are you seeking?

Are you trying to intimidate me because I said you don't spend a lot of time administering?  I was not trying to insult you or to pick a fight.

20 minutes ago, martinsen said:

What enlightenment are you seeking?

Are you trying to intimidate me because I said you don't spend a lot of time administering?  I was not trying to insult you or to pick a fight.

Trying to remember how kjun was banned. Any enlightenment?

I don't have any idea or memory as to what happened with Kjun.  Perhaps asked the administrator (whoever that was) that supposedly banned him?

Back to the thread topic, I have no problem gaining access to the site by logging in each time I visit; however, being a lazy ass, I do appreciate the sites (e.g.,  Gaybutton's site and Sawatdee) that keep you logged in so long as you've hit the "remember me" feature that most sites/message boards have.  Could you possible add that feature here (I've asked before but you didn't respond)?  [I've tried the suggestion mentioned by Anddy but it didn't work for me]

I recall that this came up and Michael explained it (at length) when he first [re-]took over the site, so those for whom it is an issue might search for that discussion.  (Unfortunately I forget when.) That way Michael doesn't have to repeat it.  

The "anddy solution" works for me, but given that all sorts of people are using all sorts of different browsers/devices/security software/operating systems, it doesn't surprise me that it might not work for some people.  :(