Jasper

Screw Boy

16 hours ago, vinapu said:

Yoyo did not like too strong air conditioning in the Lucky Boys and it's why left, at least this is what he told me

I could believe that to be one of the reasons as with the size of Luckyboys the AC is quite full on in there, boys try going to work...get caught in rain (with recent BKK weather) and next thing are freezing in the AC, in Screwboys they sometimes get away with turning off the AC unit nearest the stage sometimes when its quiet...there's usually a running battle between Boys & Mamas turning it on/off (funny to watch)

15 hours ago, spoon said:

Not to mention he needs to fight for off with 50 other boys, morr than double in screwboys. My usual issue with screwboys is the smoke, not the boys nor the mamasan

There's often more than 20/25 guys in Screwboys, at the busy weekends I've seen that stage heaving (literally) plus with boys sat on the lower stools also....last Christmas easily 35-40 which in a small bar like that is quite a sight!

14 hours ago, zoomy02 said:

When I ask a man to sit with me I always buy him a drink. 

I do to  but following that rule may have unintended results. Last night one of my regulars  approached me in the  bar but since I did not plan to off him I did not want to hold him with me either and it looks he was  clearly unhappy.

So it looks however one turns, ass is always behind.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:41 PM, zoomy02 said:

Same as that...if I call him over and sat for any time

Drink+Tip (if not offing him)

Drink+Off/Tip(if offing him)

But bear in mind not all bars have same layout...in Screwboys there are 2 areas that the boys hang-out in IF they're not full of customers so if your in their space effectively sometimes you'll find more just plonk themselves down near you chatting to your chosen boy and you...its friendly like that.  Then it gets more grey...but typically if another boy is chatting to me and my boy and we're just laughing / messing around i'll make sure the 2nd or poss 3rd / 4th boys get 100 bhat Tips when I leave, sometimes might buy more boy drinks.  Just depends on how fun things are.   Its just a judgement call and being fair minded...the mamas will not hasstle you or the 2nd, 3rd/4th boy if its one of the areas they hangout in and you have a boy with drink already.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:41 AM, zoomy02 said:

I've said it before and probably will again "ask the boy if he'd prefer a tip or a watered down drink"  (for which he will get twenty Baht commission).

He may be struggling to pay his rent or food and a diluted whisky and coke won't help with that.

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

He may be struggling to pay his rent or food and a diluted whisky and coke won't help with that.

This is not the point the bar will not aloud the boy to sit with you long time without buying him a drink they make profit from drinks and offs only.what you are tipping the boy is between you and him the bar had no concern on this.

If I have a boy sit with me, I always offer a drink. If I like what I hear, I know within 10 minutes and if they are not going home with me, I give them a nice tip and wish them good night. If I do like them, I may take them off. However, someone sits with me without being invited by ME, then I am under no obligation to buy a drink or tip (up to me) but most of the time I also just say, sorry, no and look away. I am often pretty clear.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

If I have a boy sit with me, I always offer a drink. If I like what I hear, I know within 10 minutes and if they are not going home with me, I give them a nice tip and wish them good night. If I do like them, I may take them off. However, someone sits with me without being invited by ME, then I am under no obligation to buy a drink or tip (up to me) but most of the time I also just say, sorry, no and look away. I am often pretty clear.

I agree with every part of this post.

Furthermore, I once had a lad sit with me uninvited & the waiter immediately asked if I was going to buy him a drink.  I said NO.  The waiter went to get the drink anyway, so I put the exact cash for my drink in the check bin and handed it to another waiter on the way out.  

Screwboys has been short of customers recently but started to perk up. Numbers 42, 19 and 25 are some of my favourites and all those are good at taking taking care. Some men in some bars could with a training course in service provision. Like don't use the phone in bed and don't make up excuses to leave early. Maybe I'm not handsome enough for them?