ggobkk

May 2019 Trip Report

2 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Not sure if I report from the scene or when I return in June...but I swear to the spirit of Vinapu that I will report.

remember that vacation time comes first and report second so have fun and report when you feel like although spirit of vinapu thinks that it would be nice if you post about your first impressions from new Bangkok scene soon after first survey is done.

Sorry to hear about card troubles but look at bright side , at least it happened when you were home , not travelling far away so it was easier to get help

I really hope that you enjoy yourself.  Thailand, especially Bangkok, is changing and not for the good as far as expats living here.  That does not necessarily mean that it is as bad for a visitor. 

The bar scene has changed a lot in Bangkok.  Picking up a boy at a bar is much more expensive.  I have not been to Pattaya for several years, but from what I read, it is much the same as it has been for a long time. The bars and boys are much more economical.

So, enjoy yourself.

16 hours ago, ggobkk said:

PS:   Some good news...United Airlines just called to tell me I'd been upgraded for the flight to Hong Kong.

Make sure your connection to Bangkok is still there. I had a very strange go round with United in that my connection they provided from HKG to BKK kept disappearing from my reservation. Happen several times and they were less than helpful at the Premier Desk. They seem to think I should talk to the airline they booked me on about the problem. I told them it was their responsibility to solve this issue as I paid United for transportation to Bangkok. I finally rerouted via Tokyo and will terminate my future dealing with United. Found out later from another United agent they have some weird computer problem that does not secure your connecting flights on other carriers if they rebook after initial booking. A supervisor has to do something special in the system. The whole thing is bizarre and I can no longer trust United which ends 30 years of travel history with them. 

I'm heading home from Suvarnabhumi Saturday afternoon. Can't say much about bars in Silom and Pattaya, spent most of the time in and around Korat with the in-laws. The apps however - how does numazu put it? - lit up like Christmas trees whenever I opened the phone.

Have a good time.  

11 hours ago, ggobkk said:

one of the Forum members, perhaps PaulSF, told me about the priority channel...which is for diplomats, monks, and folks over 70.  I’m in one of those categories...

I find hard to believe you are a monk !

thank you for great and very detailed  report ,. now I can envision those newly relocated bars.

All this interaction with Lucy must be by-product of being tired with long trip and lacking energy to send her away ASAP.

Waiting impatiently for more and hope it will be much more !!!! After all it only your  first day

10 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

What a great report, as always.  

In case some readers do not know, here is a picture of your mamasan/love interest Lucy.

finally after 18 trips to Thailand , all of them included multiple visits to soi Twilight I finally learned name of that imposing mamasan.

Never had any problems with her as she invariably reads my usual ' I like girls"  statement correctly as ' leave me alone" 

Just a note on the weather...it’s predicted to hit 36c this afternoon - which curtails some of daytime activities. 

Due to interest on the Forum (and my own interest) I’m trying to visit the new venues and the old venues in new locations before returning to Moonlight and Jupiter...and Golden Cock. If time permits, I’ll check out Tawan. 

58 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

advertizing that Madrid will be celebrating its 50th year in November.  (Vinapu put that in your calendar).  

consider it done, LOL

I hope your Yoyo from Screwboys is one I'm also familiar with and it that's the case I second your opinion, he is good and handsome boy.

Have  a good luck in Arena !

1 hour ago, ggobkk said:

I am a happy and lucky man.

One thing with this heat wave is that I have time to keep up my journal...usually, it waits until there is a one break or I am home.  This is close to real time reporting....don’t hold me to it...tomorrow is a return to Jupiter.

this can be sensed that you are happy man, good for you !

Thank God for  a heat wave so we can be treated with your report almost in real time but we understand that vacation fun always comes before forum duties  

Add-on.

I meant to include something about the apps...most of those contacting me were not money boys but were looking for men 18 to 99...      One was very insistent. 

When I clicked how many were active on line and their locations, I was gobsmacked to see that dozens were within a 500 to 1000 foot range. Then, my brain clicked, there are at least 8 massage places within that radius!