ggobkk

May 2019 Trip Report

lovely and enlightening reporting. I'm always looking for masseurs who can give - to quote you - "just a great massage". Usually my (and I think yours) go-to place for that is Prime, but some variety won't hurt. Also, to my chagrin, my all time favorite from Prime, Rut, seems to have left for his province for good. Found Oh to be very good for me, too, but maybe only 80% on the Rut-scale.
So having said all that, might be going to try NoonE (probably Noo-nee I'm guessing).... being fully aware that what constitutes "a great massage" can vary wildly from person to person. No loss trying ;) 

I’m trying to place where that dazzling neon sign is located in the Complex. It certainly was not there when I stayed at the Zing Hotel in March. One word I read as “Party” but the others are unclear.

After offing Sophy in BT how did the two of you return to Jomtien ?. It sounds like he would create an impression on the gay beach !. I very much enjoy the beach during the afternoon either alone or with a boyfriend. Have you tried the indoor pool at the Poseidon with its pumped current to swim against - rather a novel feature ?

Thanks for your report - I look forward to hearing more.

Travellerdave

The sign is just before The Poseidon on the road that leads past the bars, restaurants, and turns left by the Venue.  At night, this sign is a show stopper.

Sophy and I were baht bus passengers to Jomtien.  In the past (once) I offered to take a taxi - declined.  The boys think, I suppose, that it’s a wast of baht that cold go to them.  Two years back I offed a boy who paid for the baht bus.  That has not been repeated.

I’ve never used the pool at The Poseidon, it was under repair the last two visits.  It’s up and running now...I might use it later this week.  The beach is closed on Wednesday - at least to the umbrella stand folks.

Great idea to prebook masseur at the beach.i noticed the cute and popular ones are always booked in advance lol. I prefer the foot massage done at the beach chair instead, very relaxing, since i am not comfortable to lay on my front for too long

10 hours ago, Boy69 said:

@ggobkk

Didn't you take any boys from Jomtien area ?

My focus - if it can be called that - was to check out what was happening in Sunnee and Boyztown.  There will be some Jomtien relaxation reporting in a report that I have to write and post.  Thanks for asking.

Observation 

Vinapu has preached about the convenience of going out with lots of pockets, so that red notes can be easily reached but kept separate from other denominations.

I am a complete failure at this.  I’ve had to train myself to check pockets of clothes I’m packing or sending out for laundry as I almost always find crumpled baht notes wedged into a pocket.

Ggobkk and I seem to be following each other...first Tarntawan and now Jomtien! We arrived yesterday, after four sun-filled days in Krabi where the absence of gay couples is noticeable as we walk around Aonang.  And certainly  in our hotel -we are the only gays in that particular village.It is more expensive than the ones we're used to; some would say over-priced. Even so, no one seems to mind a Thai/falang couple, of whom only one is good-looking.Tthe staff in the hotel  are welcoming. To be fair, that has been our experience throughout Thailand.

Nevertheless it was good to be back  among the brethren yesterday evening.   Plenty of cute masseurs within yards of our hotel and Dick's Cafe served us the best dinner we've had this trip.. And now we shall look out for the new sign. 

It's early Sunday in Thailand...me, well, I just arrived back home after too many hours of being on planes and sitting in airports.  I checked into the forum and  find that my last report never made it - the forum went down for maintenance or something Thursday just as I was doing an edit.  

I will have to  compose and post...right now, I need some sleep.  The final leg of my return, Hong Kong to San Francisco was 14  hours on a full to the airline bank account 777-300ER.  

54 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

So back to reporting.  As noted in a previous post, I had finished my Wednesday and most of Thursday (my last full day in Thailand) report and was editing it as Michael took the site down for maintenance. Thus, in a microsecond, my most witty comments, phased in poetry, and full of meaningful insights disappeared into the ether.

As solution to this is to write the report outside the forum website in whatever word editor you use on your phone/tablet/laptop, and then, when finished, just copy and paste it into the forum. This is particularly useful for lengthy posts like reports, as it also allows you to take a break from the writing and save a draft, to be completed later

PS - I think I may  have one more installment in me...more about things I learned or observed that didn't fit into the narrative.

looking forward to extra insights

Yup, agreed with anddy. Ive had that mishap before too, and after that, ill always either write in the notes app, or before leaving the page, by either submitting or just using home button, ill select all and copy, so i can paste it to notes app. Its really demotivating having to rewrite stuff, and even harder when you forgot important details because of that