ggobkk

May 2019 Trip Report

2 hours ago, anddy said:

As solution to this is to write the report outside the forum website in whatever word editor you use on your phone/tablet/laptop, and then, when finished, just copy and paste it into the forum. This is particularly useful for lengthy posts like reports, as it also allows you to take a break from the writing and save a draft, to be completed later

Agree...in writing prior trip reports, I was at home and using Word or Google version and saved and edited as I went along.  This trip I got in the habit of daily updates directly to the forum using my iPad.  

GGBKK

Thanks for your report - I enjoyed reading it as it brought back memories of my March trip when I stayed in the JomtienComplex but visited the Pattaya gogo’s.

you mentioned that whilst you sat in Toyboys you had thoughts of a 3 way involving Sophy but the other boy sat with you did not appeal. However in the evening of your final day you had dinner with him and David. Did you not think of a goodbye session with the two of them ?. Do you think you will come face sometime to renew the acquaintance ?

you also mentioned walking along the beach to Boystown (from Jomtien ?). I once tried that but found it impossible because after the end of the Dongtan Beach the way is blocked by private hotel grounds. But maybe you found a way ?. Of course you can walk along the road Jomtien>Pattaya but that’s not at all pleasant with the traffic and pollution.

3 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

you also mentioned walking along the beach to Boystown (from Jomtien ?). I once tried that but found it impossible because after the end of the Dongtan Beach the way is blocked by private hotel grounds. But maybe you found a way ?. Of course you can walk along the road Jomtien>Pattaya but that’s not at all pleasant with the traffic and pollution.

Travellerdave

The walk along the beach was from the Central World shopping mall. 

I never tried walking from Dongtan to town for the reason you mention, the private hotel’s block access.

As to seeing any of the guys again...that’s up to fate. This is the 3rd visit I’ve seen Sophy..who knows what will happen next time. 

Quite a few years ago, on my first trip to Dongtan, I TRIED walking from Boyztown to Dongtan along the beach and failed, because the private hotels block the access, as mentioned by Traveller Dave.    Like everyone else, I didn't have a phone with google maps then. 

Much more commonly, after a day at the beach,  I walk from Dongtan to South Pattaya via various other routes.    

You can walk North up Dongtan beach, which is quite pleasant, but absolutely no shorter than going up the road, as you need to turn sharp right off the beach for a long walk up Budda Hill.  

Another way is to cut through the resort near the gay section. I don't think we're supposed to do that, but no one has stopped me yet.

Or stroll up through Jomtien Complex & up the hill.

If you're staying at Mosaik, or anywhere else near Sunee/Tuk Com, then going down the back of the hill near Sansuk is optimum.   Google maps is very useful for this.