floridarob

Liquor prices??

Going to SGN in 2 days.....1st time.

I drink Bacardi rum....is it readily available and any idea how much bottled liquor prices is compared to Thailand?

Should I get it here (not really cheap either I just paid $27 usd for a 1 litre  here in BKK at Foodland....That goes for about 13 usd in most states.) or wait til I   get there?

I remembered reading here about Indonesian liquor prices and brought my own, thank goodness. A 750L of rum was $75 usd in supermarkets!

Thanks

4 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Going to SGN in 2 days.....1st time.

I drink Bacardi rum....is it readily available and any idea how much bottled liquor prices is compared to Thailand?

Should I get it here (not really cheap either I just paid $27 usd for a 1 litre  here in BKK at Foodland....That goes for about 13 usd in most states.) or wait til I   get there?

I remembered reading here about Indonesian liquor prices and brought my own, thank goodness. A 750L of rum was $75 usd in supermarkets!

Thanks

I dont drink but if u are going to the airport, the duty free shop should be cheaper is my guess? I guess u could still wonder if its cheaper in duty free shop in thailand vs in vietnam when u arrive there.

King Powers website has the airport  price at 680 baht per litre of Bacardi Rum. No idea about Vietnam prices but I expect they could be roughly the same. But that assumes they sell alcohol on arrival. If it was me, Id definitely buy on departure and take it with me rather than risk not getting it on arrival.

https://www.kingpower.com/category/foods-and-beverages/beverages/wine-and-spirits/liquors?availability=dutyfree&lang=en&page=1&brands=bacardi&categories=liquors&priceMin=300&priceMax=2100

I don't buy from Duty Free at the BKK airport anymore.....I believe it's not original Bacardi.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I know my Bacardi......I thought it was a one off so on my next trip I tried again......something is not right about it. 

Who would believe that at the airport this might happen....but we all know what shouldn't be ....sometimes is in this country, lol

I am sure you know your Bacardi as well as I know my Grey Goose and Belvedere vodka. I cant think why King Power would sell something that is not original but I do not doubt your observation. All I know is that their Grey Goose and Belvedere are the genuine article. But they are still more expensive in Thailand Duty Free than most other airports in the region!