CurtisD

First Encounters with The City of Angels

5 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Lovely report, thanks.

You are correct. It probably was The Peninsula on Rajadamri. Now the Anantara it was built near the end of the 1970s as part of Hong Kong's Peninsula Group. Thats one reason why the lobby looks very like the lobby in the Hong Kong flagship. But bust quickly followed that economic boom and so the Peninsula management sold on to The Regent International Hotel Group in the early 1980s. Later it was then sold on to the Four Seasons.

During the Regent era, there was a policy of no joiners. I once took a nice boy from the bars back to the hotel. I knew there was a security guard at the lift lobby and se we waited until he was otherwise engaged before sneaking in to one. I had forgotten about security cameras. About 3 minutes after we arrived at the room, the phone rang. I did not answer. It rang about 4 more times, and than thankfully ceased.

But then came the knock on the door. I quickly realised this was security. I told my guest to be silent and did not respond. The knocking continued for about 5 minutes, after which we were finally left in peace. But I was furious!

I checked the hotel regulations. Nothing there about not taking guests to the room. So I wrote an angry letter to the GM. He responded with a major apology and the offer of a free week-end. I made sure to book for two people!

Wow!

Thank you for setting them straight!

You must have, as I never had any problems in the roughly ten years I used it as my base until around 2005, by which time it was a Four Seasons.

10 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I cannot be certain of the year but I think the early 90s. All I remember is that the GM was named Bill Black.

Peter, I suspect I owe you a very large thank you for ten years of uninterrupted fun. If our paths cross in Bangkok it will be my pleasure to stand you a substantial number of cocktails. 

I am sure others must also have complained and I certainly would not claim any credit! I suspect security were kept so busy trying to keep the bar girls and boys out of the rooms that they finally gave up! But one large cocktail would be a great and unexpected pleasure.

HUM, it probably was Tomahawk. Too bad your Boy was STR8.

T was not!! Probably Bi!! He enjoyed sex and made me, at 60 yo then, HAPPY HAPPY!! He became my Friend and our hook-ups where always special!!! I did lose it with him. Helped him with Beauty Classes and opening a Shop. But then that is part of being a Dad....

Come on Guys. Must be more stories out there???

OH Aqua Spa!! My first trip to a massage place.

Fortunately I had taken a taxi. Otherwise I would not have found it. I was ushered into the viewing room. The guys were there working their weights. And I was asked to make a selection... I picked the guy with the nicest SMILE. (This was long before vinapu offer his selection rule!!) Cannot remember his name...

We went to a nice room upstairs and he gave me a excellent strong massage. Surprising since he was not a big guy. But the real surprise was when he asked me to fuck him!! I said YES and he produced a condom!! HEAVEN!!!

Took a long shower and upon leaving I could not find a Taxi. So I decided to talk back to the Tartawan Hotel. I was in much better shape back then. But it was hot and I got as far as Sathorn and Chong Nonsi and gave up. Took a Tuk Tuk  back to the Hotel. That was also an adventure.

I went back to Aqua Spa again. But my First Pick was not there. He had gone back to Chang Mai.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Wandering here and  there I finally arrived  to my chosen bar , name long forgotten which was located along the Rama stretch where BBB Inn is right now.

I suspect that must have been My Way which was located a few yards off Rama 4 between Silom and Suriwong. Usually it had great dancing with lots of athletic boys doing their thing on 2 or 3 floor to ceiling poles. Only thing is I cannot remember shows there. So I may be wrong.

On 6/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, spoon said:

My first time visiting is actually recorded as a trip report here, at it was in November 2016. 

I prefer massage over going to bar, so on my first day, i got a foot massage at wat pho and gay massage at arena. That night i still went to my first gogo bar visit as reported below

Couldnt get to sleep even though i wanted too. So I just lay down in bed and watched tv until its almost 10pm. Its time to finally go to tawan. I am glad that tawan is out at a different and quiter road because as i passed by soi twilight, i can only imagine the annoyance walking through a bunch of punters when all u want to do is cruising the road. Not much of cruising in front of tawan though. Still hesitates whether i should enter so i walked on the other side of tawan bar. As i passed the door I immediately turn right and went inside rightaway. This is it, today i am no longer gogobar virgin lol. Mamasan immedeately show me to the nearest sit to the door, i scanned quickly through the bar and see some empty seats at the back and asked to sit there. Mamasan nodded, and seat me asked my drink order and pay right away. Seems like a lot of people were already here waiting, though i wouldnt say its a full house. I am glad that i chose my seat where its at the corner but i can still see the stage and enjoy the show. Next to me is one very old chap wearing slacks and shirt, and already a boy no47 sitting next to him talking and flirting. I kinda like that boy as well, but seems like he is occupied. Having seated at the end, i can just observed the stage and the customers alike. And since not many new comers actually asked for seats at the end of the bar, i got the table to myself, and some of the boys actually hanged out at these corners too. The boys are already on stage taking turns to gain attention. I immediately recognised one of them, tong the mr thai, thanks to this forum. He is in great shape and one of the biggest muscle guy there that doesnt have tummy. Half of them are already bearish type, a few have no defined muscle but majority have well defined muscular abs and pecks.

The show is about to start and i saw one guy, darked skin, which later i found out he is no45. His body, abs and ass is definitely to die for but his look resemble someone back home that i actually hate lol still good looking though but i feel weird haha. He ended up seating to my right at some point and i just couldnt start a conversation.

Ok back to storyline. So I seated next to this old chap, and after no47 get on stage, immedeately some other boy (not to my liking so i dont remember his number) and the. Another boy seat next to this boy, which is just beside me.

I keep my cool and just stare at the stage, and the show is about to start. The lights is out and comes no 45 getting ready to go on stage wearing this studded skimpy undie with penis head exposed. And i noticed the boy next to the old chap also took his out for the chap to play a bit. Just a lot of teasing, touching. The other boy starts to try talki g to me but he is not my type so i just say i wanted to just enjoy the show. He obliged but did touch me a bit again after a while, playfully, but i still insists.

The show was quite revealing, im pretty sure many here have already explained. Theres flexing show, where they took off their undies in the end, some very show bj show (no45 on stage receiving but he is the only one with his face showing, wouldve been better if he cover his face since i just cant shake the resemblance), then some body wave dancing shows (2 of them wearing the greco wrestling outfit, one of them is no 47, very hot) then theres this short 3some sex show, no actual penetration though but no 45 is in it as the pretend bottom. Another short snm show with oil, hot oil with wax, blindfold, and a rubber paddle. Jerk off show with 3 guys.

After the end of the show, the guys all come back on stage, not all. No 45 seats to my left resting, and I immedeately blushed lol couldnt talk to him and definitely not offing him but god his body and ass is to die for. No 47 comes to his old chap but this time 3 other boys are there so he goes in front of him, rubbing his hand on the chaps legs and then goes under his shirt touching is nipple. After a few while the old chap left without off anyone, and i dont see any of the boys gets any tips or drinks. I actually feel sorry for them, especially 47. At this point i already decide not to off anyone, but no47 did glance and smile at me. I just watched a different direction and i see him going the other way. More people leaving, and i decided to leave as well. I did tip 100 for the the guy during jerk off show. And the drink charge, no one else. No off since i got to wake up early for ayutthaya tomorrow, and i already have a very satisfied massage session. Otherwise, i wouldve off at least 3 of the guys i saw today. All 3 of different size. Tong which is the largest, didnt see him do anything today, but he dont really need to i think. No 45, just for that ass slightly smaller build than tong, and 47, which is rather skinny but fair and smooth skin, japanese look, and very nice attitude based on how he treat that old chap.

Im pumped to go again tomorrow, and maybe finally gets the courage to off longtime once. We'll see. If not, maybe next trip. Dunno if i want to go to other gogobar yet.

Overall, i like the show and glad that i went tonight. There is this almost chubby guy with chinese look doing the show though, dont like him at all, he did the snm show as the master and the pretend sex show as the top. Totally a turn off, maybe he is the owner or something lol

And yes, i did finally go back to tawan amd off no47 on a different night of the same trip, my first off and only off of that trip. 

nice story. tawan is one of my place. 

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I suspect that must have been My Way which was located a few yards off Rama 4 between Silom and Suriwong. Usually it had great dancing with lots of athletic boys doing their thing on 2 or 3 floor to ceiling poles. Only thing is I cannot remember shows there. So I may be wrong.

no,  My Way was  in small dead end soi , my first bar was on main drag

• 17 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I dont recall any other gogo bar on Rama 4. I hope others can enlighten us.

Could it have been 'up to you' bar? I also could not remember a show. Recall that I liked one of the waiters; but he was shy!

Years later, the waiter boy became a mamasan in some Twilight bar; he may be still around; but it must have been 15+ years.

7 hours ago, rollingstone said:

Could it have been 'up to you' bar? I also could not remember a show. Recall that I liked one of the waiters; but he was shy!

I think you are right, that was the name if I recall from the map somebody presented on the forum a while ago when we had previous bout of nostalgia.

For me main lesson from first encounter is to do homework before venturing in, it's why forum like this is precious. Who would think about short and long times, LOL

• Members
On 6/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, vinapu said:

I think you are right, that was the name if I recall from the map somebody presented on the forum a while ago when we had previous bout of nostalgia.

For me main lesson from first encounter is to do homework before venturing in, it's why forum like this is precious. Who would think about short and long times, LOL

Yes, I posted the map, and rollingstone is correct, it was Up2U bar.  Here's the map again - saved from the old Dreaded Ned's website from 2002:

Silom 2002.jpg

Wow, that map brings it all back in big way. So many places have disappeared. One of my faves in the early years of the millenium was Super Lex Matsuda, specifically when it was being (well) run by Khun Phet. I had a regular there who was the star of the fuck show. He and it were very memorable, but the most memorable evening I ever spent there was during the beginning of the 'Social Order' campaign in 2001. Sex and nudity were briefly banned, so the bars suddenly had to improvise new shows. Khun Phet's solution was to turn the SLM show into a talent show in which the boys, fully clothed, did everything from skits to playing instruments to singing. One boy I'd never noticed before got up and did a haunting mor lam number in Lao, a capella. I've never forgotten it. A week or two later, everything was back to normal.

Apologies for going off topic...

Many thanks for the map daydreamer. It certainly brings back memories. I could never work out why the random numbering system made it bit difficult to read. I remember many of these types of map not only from Dreaded Ned but also from other sites (Nickys) and the various free publications we could usually pick up in the bars and in Dicks Cafe. Despite all the effort by the compilers there were always little errors and omissions which pissed some readers off. In this one, the Swiss Lodge (now Le Siam - very nice hotel) is on the other side of the road. LOL Very minor issues but I remember an extended discussion on this Board some years ago ago about incomplete listings and wrong positioning. Thailand OUT (I think that was the name) came under criticism. I actually thought that it was an excellent magazine. It was published by an expat based in Chiang Mai who replied pointing out the difficulty of getting someone to assemble maps in the first place and then keeping them up to date. He even got an exclusive interview with Sir ian McKellan. His series of Bangkok maps were pretty good I thought. Then one day he had to leave Thailand very suddenly and the magazine died.