macaroni21

Bangkok nights (trip report) and more

On 6/10/2019 at 12:17 AM, macaroni21 said:

The first of four trip reports is up at http://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog

Bangkok massage

The following evening, I decided to wander into Silom Soi 6 to see what had changed since my last visit some years ago. As I remembered it, there were about four mixed-gender massage places nearer the Silom end of the soi, with mostly-male Prime Massage at the deep end of the lane.

It was encouraging to note that Busaba Day Spa was still there, but I had a sense that the other massage shops on this soi have changed hands. Or at least, they have changed in that whereas they used to be staffed mostly by women, now there are more massage boys sitting outside. 

As it happens, Busaba massage is no longer there. Ir technically maybe it is, in a sense. But it has changed dramatically. The shop seems to have been renovated and refurbished, looking like new and more upscale than the old Busaba now. Also the name changed to "Relax Thai Massage". See this picture taken from Natural Massage just opposite:

Screenshot_20190617-011347.thumb.jpg.bef5e26bb972618667e86cacd7b24b90.jpg

In rather typical Thai fashion, nobody bothered to take off the big old  Busaba sign board above. Otherwise, it has no resemblance to the old place. This changed happened very suddenly and very quickly, I had seen the old place not very long ago, maybe in May.  

As for other shops, on the right hand side there are the following shops, in this order coming from Silom:

1. the new Natural Massage as described by Mack in his blog, some boys sitting outside
2. Center Point Massage, almost invisible as nobody ever sits outside
3. Paradise Massage, not THAT new anymore, but facilities still in excellent shape, always boys sitting outside. Very gay, no minimum tip but extras virtually always offered, but still good massages (my experience). In Mack's categorization I'd put this between type 2 and 3. 
4. Classic Massage, formerly Ben Ten girlie massage. Changed their concept from girlie to mixed, now always boys (and some girls) sitting outside
5. The Green Massage, sometimes, but not always boys sitting outside. Well known type 2 shop using Mack's system.

it is an interesting system for sure, but too complicated and difficult to apply in reality - how do you determine the RATIO of shoulder width to body height without measuring them or holding up a grid of squares, as in the illustration? But looking them up in a table when reading his reports sure can give some good indication as to what he is talking about

On 6/17/2019 at 1:14 PM, vinapu said:

I still rather prefer to look for that smile directed at me as perfect body shape and hard work avoiding an eye contact doesn't do much good for me other than saving unspent money.  

If I'm flying all the way to Thailand, the boys have to conform to something close to my idea of a nice shape.    Slim & with or without a little muscle. 

However, I also look for eye contact & a smile helps.      If they boy clearly cannot bear to look at me & looks like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than on that stage, I'm unlikely to invite him to sit with me.  

9 hours ago, z909 said:

If I'm flying all the way to Thailand, the boys have to conform to something close to my idea of a nice shape.    Slim & with or without a little muscle. 

However, I also look for eye contact & a smile helps.      If they boy clearly cannot bear to look at me & looks like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than on that stage, I'm unlikely to invite him to sit with me.  

It's not a golden rule. Some boys that avoided making an eye contact  were great and even developed to LT it turned out that they were too shine to make a straight eye contact with me. In the contrary some of the boys that did make eye contact and showed enthusiasm turned to be a disaster in bed they just knew how to 'sell' themself for an off.

It's very difficult to predict how the boy will turn out to be from first impression.

14 hours ago, Boy69 said:

It's not a golden rule. Some boys that avoided making an eye contact  were great and even developed to LT it turned out that they were too shine to make a straight eye contact with me. In the contrary some of the boys that did make eye contact and showed enthusiasm turned to be a disaster in bed they just knew how to 'sell' themself for an off.

It's very difficult to predict how the boy will turn out to be from first impression.

When dealing with other humans only golden rule in effect is to be polite and respectful.

But afters some trips to Thailand and partaking in the scene most of us developed some internal  rules for personal use. Some are looking for smiles, others off short time only, others still 

visit each bar only once per trip and so on. And we share those rules here without any pretense that our rules are universal to any degree.

Of course it's correct that predicting   guy's performance by first impression is difficult , I add that often even the same boy turns different on the next meeting,  lion becomes lamb, greedy turns generous and sworn top all of the sudden gives hints that he is not that sworn.

On 6/11/2019 at 5:29 PM, macaroni21 said:

In any case, why is no one screaming hell and damnation for the discrimination that occurs in so many bars and dance clubs every week where, on “Ladies Nights”, women get in free or real cheap?

Read this story from ThaiVisa https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/645338-sometimes-you-go-to-a-women-only-lounge-and-its-just-kind-of-depressing/  Ignore the details of the story. The point is that it describes a bar with a policy to exclude male patrons. If it’s OK to forbid entry to men, it should be OK to forbid entry to women.

Except for gay saunas (no entry to women), discrimination against men seems to be much more common than against women.

I remember in 2013, I saw a line of cute boys dressed similarly walk along Surawang, and could not contain my curiosity and followed them to find them all going into a back door. There was a kind of doorman, so I asked him where this lead and he told me a bar for ladies only. So there are bars staffed with cute boys, that do not allow entry to male customers! I couldn't make out where the main entrance is.