jason1975

Trip Report June 2019 (I’m a sucker for smiles)

Great report so far Jason, looking forward to the rest

Some questions about the 4000B bottle of JD... any responses can wait until after you return!

• Were unlimited mixers & ice included or was it a set amount e.g. 8 cokes?
  • Were the boys allowed to drink for free or were you charged for drinks?
    • (Some bars allow staff (waiters, mamasans etc) to drink for free but insist that you must buy at least 1 boy drink for every gogo boy that comes to your table. If they have a subsequent drink then that can be from the bottle without additional charge)
  • Also did you spot the price of  Johnnie Walker Red Label?

Thanks in Advance!

I read your report again and have question, you mentioned Heritage Silom hotel but do you mean Siam Heritage ,  one on Patpong  side of  Suriwong close to Oasis restaurant?

This is what I sense from your narrative, correct me if I'm wrong. 

If that is a case it would be good news as in the  past Siam Heritage was known as unfriendly to joiners so obviously they smartened up.

7 hours ago, colmx said:

Great report so far Jason, looking forward to the rest

Some questions about the 4000B bottle of JD... any responses can wait until after you return!

• Were unlimited mixers & ice included or was it a set amount e.g. 8 cokes?
  • Were the boys allowed to drink for free or were you charged for drinks?
    • (Some bars allow staff (waiters, mamasans etc) to drink for free but insist that you must buy at least 1 boy drink for every gogo boy that comes to your table. If they have a subsequent drink then that can be from the bottle without additional charge)
  • Also did you spot the price of  Johnnie Walker Red Label?

Thanks in Advance!

* unlimited mixers if I remember correctly. The waiters just kept filling up our glasses and I wasn’t charged more than the 4000 baht

* boys were free to drink. No need to buy boy drink

* unfortunately I didn’t notice the price of Jonnie Walker

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I read your report again and have question, you mentioned Heritage Silom hotel but do you mean Siam Heritage ,  one on Patpong  side of  Suriwong close to Oasis restaurant?

This is what I sense from your narrative, correct me if I'm wrong. 

If that is a case it would be good news as in the  past Siam Heritage was known as unfriendly to joiners so obviously they smartened up.

Yes, it is Siam Heritage. There is a notice on the table in the hotel room that stated that joiners must register at reception and pay 900 baht but so far, I was never stopped from taking guests back - not just this trip but another trip last year. Go ahead and book this hotel for your next trip, vinapu. It’s close to the action!

Very much enjoyed your Reports.

Yes I also wondered by Joiners at Siam Heritage. I stayed there many years ago and was stopped one night by the Desk Clerk. But I had paid for 2 persons so my guy only had to register. Good that he had his ID!!! Do they still have the small pool at the top???

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

you mentioned Heritage Silom hotel but do you mean Siam Heritage ,  one on Patpong  side of  Suriwong close to Oasis restaurant?

I passed Oasis a few days ago and saw their lights were off.  My heart sank thinking “Oh no! Vinapu’s favourite restaurant is gone” 

Looking closer, there was a notice on the door, “Closed due to holiday and improvement.”

Phew!

3 minutes ago, anddy said:

Here is a theory (jus t a theory, of course) which might explain such luck: jason1975 is Asian, so coming with a boy maybe night guards mistake them for a regular Asian gay couple staying at the hotel. Whereas in a (older) farang plus boy case it would be much more obvious what's going on and they'd be stopped. 

My thought exactly 

4 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

Very much enjoyed your Reports.

Yes I also wondered by Joiners at Siam Heritage. I stayed there many years ago and was stopped one night by the Desk Clerk. But I had paid for 2 persons so my guy only had to register. Good that he had his ID!!! Do they still have the small pool at the top???

Yes the pool is still there.

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

Oasis restaurant

Vinapu, you mention here Oasis restaurant. You had mentioned it before in another thread as one of your go to restaurants for Thai food.  I had written this tip for a restaurant down. And planned to go there during my June 2019 visit. 

I was disappointed to see that it is currently closed. For holidays and renovations says a sign. So couldn't enjoy your tip of restaurant yet. 

3 hours ago, Jasper said:

I passed Oasis a few days ago and saw their lights were off.  My heart sank thinking “Oh no! Vinapu’s favourite restaurant is gone” 

Looking closer, there was a notice on the door, “Closed due to holiday and improvement.”

Phew!

You don't want me to get heart attack, do you ?, lol

25 minutes ago, abidismaili said:

Vinapu, you mention here Oasis restaurant. You had mentioned it before in another thread as one of your go to restaurants for Thai food.  I had written this tip for a restaurant down. And planned to go there during my June 2019 visit. 

I was disappointed to see that it is currently closed. For holidays and renovations says a sign. So couldn't enjoy your tip of restaurant yet. 

Yes, no trip to Thailand is complete for me without breakfast at Foodland Patpong 2, pizza at Madrid Tavern,  Patpong 1,  chicken with cashews at Oasis and schnitzel at Alt Heidelberg , Beach Rd Pattaya.

But as one can see I'm not exactly gourmet cuisine lover so follow my culinary advices at your own peril, lol.

Still hope after renovations Oasis will reopen and at one point I will be able to enjoy my favorite meal there

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

it was such a spur of the moment kind of act. At the back of mind, I have had fantasies about giving a thousand baht garland on a gogo boy after reading about such instances at Jupiter. I did not know what came over me but I just went to make my own garland. I think it’s a kind of bucket list thing - things to experience in lifetime.

Wonderful!  :lol: