abidismaili

Soi Twilight 19 June 2019

So sad to see :-( 

However another part of me that is so pissed off about the closure was that they did it just after FINALLY getting their plastic rain covering properly erected along the length of the Soi ! 

Myself and many another farang friend sat over a beer many a night mid perving over the cute guys whilst watching the various incarnations of the various bits of plastic they'd had draped across the Soi previously, with those usually flapping pointlessly in the wind and usually totally failing in stopping much ingress of rain.

Also fun was sitting perhaps during especially heavy downpours and watching the plastic fill like small lakes along the Soi and then waiting for the boys to empty those with a brush pushed up from below and that usually over the head of some SO CALLED straight arsehole farang, who had seemingly "inadvertently" decided to walk the length of the Soi "by mistake" whilst doing their whole (fake and fooling no one as to why they were there) aggressive "DO NOT TOUCH ME" act to each and every cute bar tout who grabbed them in passing whilst just doing their job.

So,  after all those years and after all the (very drunken) very highly thought technical plans drawn out on the back of bar mat ( large amount of tongue in cheek there of course :-) with us advising on the perfect roof shelter, there eventually the Thai's FINALLY got around to ACTUALLY going and doing it  - and THEN the closed the whole bloody Soi down !  How VERY Thai of them ! :-)

On 6/21/2019 at 7:54 AM, PeterRS said:

I enjoyed sitting in Dicks Cafe

Good point.    Since the bars are now spread out a little, I suppose we can no longer sit in Dicks Cafe or the 2 bars at the entrance to the soy watching boys enter or leave the soy.   Whilst this isn't comparable to being in a gogo bar, it was one more way to make eye contact with some nice boys which can lead to a later meeting.

Absolutely. And , apparently, Panorama in Boyztown has been bought by Castro. That's another one gone. O tempora, o mores......those happy early evenings sitting there, bir-singh at the ready, watching the go-go dancers pass by on their way to work, waiting for the bars to open......  

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Absolutely. And , apparently, Panorama in Boyztown has been bought by Castro. That's another one gone. O tempora, o mores......those happy early evenings sitting there, bir-singh at the ready, watching the go-go dancers pass by on their way to work, waiting for the bars to open......  

Straying from the title of the thread a tad, I heard last night that Panorama is closed at present being renovated. David has gone back to England where he discovered that he had cracked a hip in his recent Pattaya motorcycle accident.

I have read on another board that Panorama has been completely gutted prior to it's reopening as CASTRO ll

Edited by Patanawet
Added info.

13 hours ago, Londoner said:

Absolutely. And , apparently, Panorama in Boyztown has been bought by Castro. ....those happy early evenings sitting there, bir-singh at the ready, watching the go-go dancers pass by on their way to work, waiting for the bars to open......  

that survey  still can be done from Castro or Copa terrace although Panorama's position was better to spy BBB entrances

Although I was a prophet of gloom once the demise of Soi Twilight was announced, I am delighted the bars have found alternative accommodations and are still relatively close together. What I miss is the proliferation of beer bars staffed often by very cute guys where one could just sit having a drink at a reasonable price with pleasant company watching the gay world go by. The gogo bars are there but not the atmosphere. Not yet!

41 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

. What I miss is the proliferation of beer bars staffed often by very cute guys where one could just sit having a drink at a reasonable price with pleasant company watching the gay world go by....... Not yet!

slowly but surely we will push girls to Patpong 1 where they belong and will invade existing beer bars to convert them to gay ones.

Let's talk in a year or two

2 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I wonder how the maker could be so far off. Or was the decision to demolish the soi now, really so last minute that  even people who should be in the known (bar owners) really though it would go on for 6 more years? Or was this sign a deliberate lie?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a lie designed to stop customer numbers from declining too early. That would make sense and is an effective if dishonest tactic. It could also be that the sign maker was ignorant of the truth or just wildly optimistic. 

5 hours ago, abidismaili said:

I wonder how the maker could be so far off. Or was the decision to demolish the soi now, really so last minute that  even people who should be in the known (bar owners) really though it would go on for 6 more years? Or was this sign a deliberate lie?

Wishful thinking.

10 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Although I was a prophet of gloom once the demise of Soi Twilight was announced, I am delighted the bars have found alternative accommodations and are still relatively close together. What I miss is the proliferation of beer bars staffed often by very cute guys where one could just sit having a drink at a reasonable price with pleasant company watching the gay world go by. The gogo bars are there but not the atmosphere. Not yet!

Totally agree. Gogo bars ok but miss the places just to sit and watch.