jason1975

What would you have done? (Tipping)

46 minutes ago, reader said:

One of the traits I really admire about Thais is their ability to get along with others. I believe it comes about naturally at a very early age because they coexist in close quarters. They find themselves dependent on highly developed social networks of family, friends and neighbors. Children learn to share before they can walk. 

Parents who work in Patpong bring their youngsters along. You can’t help but notice how they acclimate to what might seem to us to be an impossibly hectic environment. Yet somehow they find themselves looked after by the other vendors. The spirit, and the need, to cooperate is imprinted by these experiences.

They’re better socialized beyond anything I’ve seen in the west. 

Thai people in general are kind and respectful to their parents, elders,monks , authority and so on. Great solidarity between them.Regarding to falangs they tend to be suspicious and cold but if you make an effort to be kind and helpful they change their attitude and learn to respect you.

ChristianPFC attitude is very self centered and egoistic and this is why he never found Thai boyfriend although he wants to, Thai boys are not stupid and they easily sens this kind of behaviour however his blog is very interesting and informative and I appreciate his efforts there.

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

ChristianPFC attitude is very self centered and egoistic 

No need to put labels on posters in reality we  barely know

If that would be true he didn't not put all those efforts to run his blog for benefit of all. Quite a few  times when bar hopping with him I noticed he was warmly greeted by the boys so he must be doing something right?

He just want to get best bang for his buck I guess.

It seems that the opinion regarding tips in Gogo bars is coalescing around 20 baht to 100 for the drinks service. The latter figure would be appropriate if your stay was lengthy whereas 20,would be ok for a shorter period with just one drink. As for interaction with a boy my minimum would be 100 when I’ve not got too intimate (perhaps just kissing or caressing). This would go to maybe 200 if I have held his cock or indulged in lengthy tongue kissing. However usually my purpose in visiting a Gogo would be to off a boy usually LT sometimes short time. I would not give him a bar tip, the tip would come later related to his performance in bed.

I visit Pattaya as a gay sex tourist - skimping on tips is not what I’m about.

IMO 20 Baht at bars is very small tip and it's better not to give at all ,at some bars it can be offensive .The minimum for me is between 50 to 100 baht for drink service and 100 to 500 to boy sitting with me depends what we did and how long he had been with me ( if I didn't off him ). On frequent visits to the bar the stuff there remember that I give nice tips thus receive good service and better seat at the bar so it's worth it.

11 hours ago, reader said:

Parents who work in Patpong bring their youngsters along. You can’t help but notice how they acclimate to what might seem to us to be an impossibly hectic environment. Yet somehow they find themselves looked after by the other vendors. The spirit, and the need, to cooperate is imprinted by these experiences.

Once I saw a 2-3 year old child in Twilight’s Classic gogo bar.

The child seemed to belong to the gogo boy, one of the swimming show guy.

I thought what my home country’s child service department guys would react seeing the child in this environment.