Jasper

NAKARAT MASSAGE SILOM Soi 4

I certainly had a nice time there.  Just to add a few factoids.

- There are stairs, if that matters.  Not as treacherous as the stairs in some places.  

- The entrance through the restaurant is odd, in a fun way.  

- I think there are VIP rooms, but don't know.  The regular room has massage table, walls don't quite go to the ceiling.  Common shower down the hall. 

- I recall there's a minimum tip, but it doesn't include extras, so be prepared to have that discussion with your guy.

- In general the guys there seem to be nice with a good attitude.

3 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

- I recall there's a minimum tip, but it doesn't include extras, so be prepared to have that discussion with your guy.

and  be prepared with some quote on your own because if you ask guy ' how much you want ' quotation may be exorbitant, never hurts to try to fish for naive I guess so I don't blame them.

But all was done in good spirit 

Update on Nakarat since immigration police raid in June:

As regulars are aware, Vietnam guys had a strong presence in this shop. Their departure has thinned the ranks but new faces from other shops are appearing. 

Like many shops, you can expect the perennial question (as Vinapu noted), “how much you give me?” 

Fair enough. But I think it’s also fair for customers to respond in the manner of their choosing. Lately, when asked the same thing regardless of location, Ive been replying, “you will make out better if you do what you say and trust me to be fair.”

Granted, I often have to resort to google translate but I manage to make the point. 

If the guy continues to haggle I’ve been simply making it a straight forward massage and tipping accordingly. I’ve become less tolerant of bargaining in my old age.  

But when the guy leaves the compensation up to me, I tip at the top of my range.

i’m not recommending this to everyone; just saying what I’ve found works best for me.

1 hour ago, reader said:

If the guy continues to haggle I’ve been simply making it a straight forward massage and tipping accordingly. I’ve become less tolerant of bargaining in my old age.  

that's right, bargaining is joy killer but when necessary like in answering '  how much you give me ?"  question I grant each party right to ONE number

for example  " how much you give me - 1500 - can you give me 2000?" and then it's yes or no answer 

The Google review score for Nakarat is low.   

Now if the reviews are written by real customers, I guess they get less repeat business from that group of customers.  

Any new customers guided by review scores might go elsewhere. 

It is a couple if years since I was there. I thought it unsatisfactory. I had to order boy from a tablet to get a guy who would bottom. Boy was ok, but only just, made a fuss about bottoming. Room was not clean, small, and walls did not go to ceiling. I did not go back.

Nakarat's FB page has a notice that the owner has moved the shop to Nakhon Ratchasima Province (aka Isan).

I was a regular customer over several years and enjoyed a similar experience that Vinapu describes above.

In its heyday, Nakarat was staffed by a friendly group of guys from Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

I miss it already.