t0oL1

Boystown noise

A number of options there, both gay and and gay-friendly. Agate is our choice. Spick-and- span, some cute staff, quiet (ask for a room on the swimming pools side)  prices at about 1600 pn. Book direct rather than through Agoda etc. 

We've stayed at many Thai hotels; my boyfriend reckons this to be his favourite, even if we've stayed at places a lot more expensive. Rooms  a bit small but each has a nice balcony .

Update: As much as I had loved LCR in the past the noise until 3:00 am was unbearable. Had my credit card worked I would have tried Copa next door. Paid taxi to airport (1400)only to

be held up at airport - taxi driver wanted another 600bT. Finally got hope to cook some microwave meatloaf :)

7 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

Update: As much as I had loved LCR in the past the noise until 3:00 am was unbearable. Had my credit card worked I would have tried Copa next door. Paid taxi to airport (1400)only to

be held up at airport - taxi driver wanted another 600bT. Finally got hope to cook some microwave meatloaf :)

thank you for a warning

Copa takes cash , no need to bother with credit card, been there done that.

2000 to the airport?!? Which one you went to ? CNX (Chiang Mai) ?

11 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

Anyone happen to be walking past Le Cafe Royale Hotel please note their email address so I can  notify them the lady taxi driver they hired is a goddam thief.

Thanks in advance :)

should be easy just to google it to find an address

22 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

Anyone happen to be walking past Le Cafe Royale Hotel please note their email address so I can  notify them the lady taxi driver they hired is a goddam thief.

Thanks in advance :)

Possibly the receptionist gets commission from the driver 

I was on 3rd floor and it was detectable to say the least. Room 304 superior room?

The blue colored black light/ceiling lights get annoying after a week-I thought I was getting a tan though!

have the hotel arrange a taxi for you :)  (their gmail account isn't working)

Could be difficult since I never scanned my credit card there.

It is unimportant - the thought is sweet. Just correct the procedure so it doesn't happen to the next taxi  customer.

They could credit the cute skinny daytime manager with a tip or even the nice heavier hotel maid with a tip

as far as I am concerned.