Boy69

Ko Samet

We are going there from Bangkok on Sunday for 4 nights. From what I have read, take your guy there, rather than expect to find someone there. My Thai BF says it is discretely very gay, but not Silom soi 4 or Patpong 2. If you want party time, go at the weekend, when lots of locals come down from Bangkok. Week days are quieter. Just 2300 Baht from Bangkok with The Limo Pattaya.

I went to Koh Samet in August 2018 when I bought a 2 night package with Malibu Travel. This included a mini bus to Ban Phrea, ferry, National Park entry and a bungalow.

it certainly for me was worth going as a change from the madness of Pattaya and the beaches are really beautiful. I did visit 20 years ago when it was almost like a Robinson Crusoe island but now it is much more developed with low rise hotels, restaurants and bars.

i did take a boy with me and there was no particular problems with that, apart from the usual knowing looks from farang str couples. However the boy was rather bored until I rented a scooter for him on which he spent a lot of the daylight hours zooming up and down the single tarmac road, whereas I liked to stay on the beach reading and swimming in the crystal clear water.

5 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

. However the boy was rather bored until I rented a scooter for him on which he spent a lot of the daylight hours zooming up and down the single tarmac road, whereas I liked to stay on the beach reading and swimming in the crystal clear water.

great idea for both of you.

I learned when taking boy somewhere  for more than few hours it's very important to give him and myself some breathing space, reunion after couple of hours  is always sweeter

Thanks all.I will travel there alone unless I find  nice boy willing to join me to Kho Samet 4 to 5 nights.my last trip I was in Pattaya almost 2 weeks and after one week there got bored so decided this upcoming trip not to stick only at Pattaya and visit  other nearby places like Hua Hin, Kanchanaburi and Kho Samet.

Unfortunately It won't happened before the end of the year due work commitments.

Reporting back live from Samed...

Beautiful island, with all buildings below tree height. Some busy beaches i.e. Sai Kaew, packed with Chinese and many boating trips. Some private upscale ones i.e. Ao Prao where Japanese families predominate. Silver Sands bar is 10% gay - good music, fire shows and cheap drinks. Good nearby restaurants.

If I was on my own I think I would stay at a little quiet beach with simple rooms and restaurants. Luang Wang for example.

Its definitely not a place to meet new boys.

3 hours ago, joshhb said:

We are staying in Ao Prao resort hotel. 3 mid - up scale hotels share the in-effect private beach. Very quiet but only 5 minutes scooter ride from Silver Sands. I'm not sure I'd enjoy it on my own though.

Thanks.

I will probably take hotel at Sai Kaew  or other bussy beach , quiet beaches are not for me.