JimmyJoe

Money boy doesn't want money

27 minutes ago, vinapu said:

at least few Tawan boys I took there did not complain, benefits of hooking up with more fit crowd I guess

More likely the benefit of being much closer to the Baan Silom Soi 3 ?   Just over half the distance I think.   

The boys don't exactly complain, but over half of them ask how much further and a few are flagging by the time they make it.   No 100km mountain runs for them ! 

2 hours ago, z909 said:

More likely the benefit of being much closer to the Baan Silom Soi 3 ?   Just over half the distance I think.   

The boys don't exactly complain, but over half of them ask how much further and a few are flagging by the time they make it.   No 100km mountain runs for them ! 

Thai people in general don't like to walk and will take transportation even for very short walk .

Wasn't there a whole thread about trying to ensure a more successful off?  I think this is an easy part of that.  If your place isn't truly close by local standards, then indulge the guy and make him feel a tad bit better by taking a taxi or tuktuk.  If it's your first time with a guy, they are also wondering about what kind of person you are.  

If I'm heading home alone, I happen to walk, because it's nice.  But if I'm with someone, I don't impose by 10,000 steps a day (or whatever) regimen.   I'll usually take a guy back with me by tuktuk, even though tuktuk's aren't really designed for someone my height, just because that way it's sort of a fun amusement ride for me.  That way everybody's happy and my guy has saved his energy for the fun stuff.

Separately, I'll note that Iv'e gone trekking in forests, climbed mountains (literally) and walked all over for hours at a time with different guys.  I know one guy who regularly runs half-marathons, another particularly good friend runs in Lumpini Park every day, and another who rides his bike there.  And one needs only go to a night market (or similar) to see that the local guys can walk for hours and hours.  I like to walk, but I have friends in NYC who would rather die than walk a mile, so we take taxis there.  Same same.  

20 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Wasn't there a whole thread about trying to ensure a more successful off?  I think this is an easy part of that.  If your place isn't truly close by local standards, then indulge the guy and make him feel a tad bit better by taking a taxi or tuktuk.  If it's your first time with a guy, they are also wondering about what kind of person you are. 

Agree. I'm sure the 10-minute walk from Patpong to my room easily falls within the local standard. 

If raining, a taxi is in order.

If a guy is judging me by my expectation that he should be able and willing to walk 10 minutes, fair enough.

I can vouch most south east asian dont like to walk as a mode of transportation. It doesnt means they cant, they just dont prefer it. Other than time consuming, walking in the city isnt exactly fun, with exhaust fumes and pollution, and we tend to sweat even for short walk due to humidity and weather. Trekking in the jungle is a different story altogether, so is walking inside shopping mall for hours lol. 

3 hours ago, reader said:

Fussy offs frequently portend more dissatisfaction once they get to the room.

those are words of wisdom

It also works in reverse. When once, trembling , I offed one of the stars of old Jupiter and he asked where I stay ( Nantra Silom) and he said ' o, we can walk there ' I knew all will be good and it was. Year after situation was repeated with another star from the some location and it also worked great.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

this and a fact there we met before and they knew I like to walk so they tag along , happily  or at least pretending to be

I’ve experienced what seems like laziness from Thai boys.  The walk from Sunee to BT is to me a trivial distance even though it’s not a pleasant walk in the evening  and so is the walk from the Jomtien Complex to the gay beach. Yet suggesting that we accomplish these small distances on foot has sometimes produced protests and requests for motor cycle taxis.

when I first discovered Pattaya, 20 years ago, I was into distance running and had completed a number of marathons and I was determined to maintain my running during my 3/4 week trips in Pattaya. The ideal time for this is at daybreak when it’s cooler and there is far less traffic. One time I woke up in the Ambiance at about 6 am next to my quasi boyfriend and announced to him that I was going for a run and required to be let in the room on my return. This was incomprehensible to him as was my boast on return that I had run to the north end of Beach Road and then to Jomtien and back. He found this achievement something ackin to the ascent of Everest although he did not describe it as such (the majority of Thais have no idea of world geography). I suggest that next morning he could come with me as he was 20 years old and looked very fit. I recall he ridiculed the idea and said  it would be better to take a baht bus or motor bike. This attitude show in the complete lack of success for Thailand in the Olympic Games athletics competitions. On the other hand Thais are as a nation relatively slim which has a lot to do with their traditional diet  and for many hard physical work in the rice fields.

Well said Travellerdave.    I'm in near 100% agreement with you there.  

The walk from Sunee to BT is a gentle & short stroll. Particularly via the temple.  

For a slightly longer walk, I usually go back from Jomtien beach to wherever my hotel is in South Pattaya (Mosaik, Classrooms etc).

Thailand is relatively slim, but it is changing as there are quite a lot of people who take a motorcycle for even the shortest trip and are seriously overweight.

Also noticeable, the fastest joggers in Lumpini park are typically farang, including those who are a couple of decades older than some of the locals.

4 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

I This attitude show in the complete lack of success for Thailand in the Olympic Games athletics competitions. 

I'd not be that radical, as per Wikipedia they got 33 medals , 9 of them gold ( in men's boxing and women's weightlifting )

Sure country of that size should do better but there are  more populous countries with even less take.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thailand_at_the_Olympics

2 hours ago, z909 said:

Also noticeable, the fastest joggers in Lumpini park are typically farang, including those who are a couple of decades older than some of the locals.

Next time you find yourself in Lumpini you might want to try watching the guys pumping iron. Not as speedy as your farangs but a couple of decades younger.