reader

The next generation of Japanese men

I recently posted an article about the declining birth rate in Thailand and some other Asian countries. In Japan, however, there's a movement afoot that goes  a step beyond, leaving me wondering where the next generation of Japanese young men are going to come from.

From the NY Times

TOKYO — The bride wore a birthday cake of a dress, with a scalloped-edge bodice and a large hoop skirt. A veil sprouted from her black bob. Moments before the wedding began, she stood quietly on a staircase, waiting to descend to the ceremony.

“Wow,” she thought. “I’m really doing this.”

This was no conventional wedding to join two people in matrimony. Instead, a group of nearly 30 friends gathered in a banquet room in one of Tokyo’s most fashionable districts last year to witness Sanae Hanaoka, 31, as she performed a public declaration of her love — for her single self.

“I wanted to figure out how to live on my own,” Ms. Hanaoka told the group, standing alone on a stage as she thanked them for attending her solo wedding. “I want to rely on my own strength.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/world/asia/japan-single-women-marriage.html

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

that's our world nowadays, millions are starving and other  overfeed millions are trying new ideas to entertain themselves

exactly. and of course these rich countries that have low birthrates are also intent on blocking all migration. 

the entire world is an extremely fucked up place these days