t0oL1

sending money

Paypal/us says send money to USA only

ttps://www.paypal.com/us/home

It's free to send money to friends and family in the U.S. when you use your bank account or PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance

maybe just charge fee...

thanks I'll let him know

now I am thinking he was offering a sex show. he had Facebook video called briefly and  shirtless.

I just mimed -I did not have a microphone..

He had actually caught me online reading/translating his posts for hours.

It was nice to hear his squeaky voice.

If you don't mind the fees, use Western Union. Easy, swift and all thai guys seem to very familiar with Western Union.

As stated by previous poster, you carefully need consider if you want to venture into sending this guy money - I can assure you that it will not take long until he "has no money for eat", "I need money to go see doctor" or "I want to buy XXXX ( I have even heard "motorbike" before :wacko:)

6 hours ago, t0oL1 said:

$460 final tip 12 days ago.-

"need money to eat" yesterday.

Warning: Some boys are good at spotting suckers & extracting money from them.

I used Western Union but got fed up with very poor service, especially if you use their branch network in the UK. Bank to bank tends to be very expensive.

Lately I've used Ria and found their service excellent.  If anyone is interested, i can supply a referral code which has some mutual monetary benefit. https://mbsy.co/wV9qt

However, much cheaper not to send money at all, as others have said.

Many moneyboys have no job (besides working in the bar). In low season I tend to believe them when they need help with rent or food. Or is every request really a lie you think? I have about 3 boys I help now and then. Reluctantly. But it is also not easy to say no if you believe their request to be genuine. Are most requests not genuine ?

Also the first post makes a remark about how boys do not know their address many times. I have the same experience and find it very strange. How can you not know the address of the place you live in? Also doesn't the Thai government need to communicate sometimes with their citizens ? Like sending voting card, bill for municipal taxes, etc. 

It's not relevant if boys' requests are genuine or not the important issue is if you are willing to be a walking ATM for lazy boys whom are not willing to work at normal job in low season they certainly can work on temporary jobs and earn some money till the high season  but it's more easy for them to extract money from naive falangs.

The unemployment rate in Thailand is about 1%.    Which means almost anyone can get a job.    

However, getting "free" money sent by bank transfer from several foreigners is much easier than working.  

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

It's not relevant if boys' requests are genuine or not the important issue is if you are willing to be a walking ATM for lazy boys whom are not willing to work at normal job in low season they certainly can work on temporary jobs and earn some money till the high season  but it's more easy for them to extract money from naive falangs.

I'd not call them lazy , enterprising rather.

I don't blame them for those requests, after all most of them are poor by our standards and often by Thai standards as well. All of us rather make twice as much in half demanding job than we have so we can't  blame guys for taking easy highway. It's up to us to succumb to requests or by-pass them. 

as much as I sympathize with their plight I'm in reject camp , mainly because I tend to pay them generously when using their company when there and quite often they can make more money off me but they rather have fun somewhere else. (  "I can't do long time because I go with friends , I can't come at 2 p.m. because I need to go to gym , I need to go at 6 am because  of traffic " being most common type of excuses ).

At end of day this comes easy for me as I usually don't share my contact with guys and few times I did , yes sooner or later I was invited to support their lifestyle one way or another.

12 hours ago, abidismaili said:

Also the first post makes a remark about how boys do not know their address many times. I have the same experience and find it very strange. How can you not know the address of the place you live in?

Very easy!  I have lived in the same condo for some years and still cannot find the exact address!  Someone living temporarily in a rented/shared room somewhere may have no reason to know the postal address. Communication is by email, social media, Line, SMS, etc and no reason to know the postal mail address. They do know their "home address" as on their official ID.

20 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Very easy!  I have lived in the same condo for some years and still cannot find the exact address!  Someone living temporarily in a rented/shared room somewhere may have no reason to know the postal address. Communication is by email, social media, Line, SMS, etc and no reason to know the postal mail address. They do know their "home address" as on their official ID.

You live in a condo and don't know the address of your apartment? I will understand if it is temproary (like for holiday) but if you are living in Pattaya permanently, then aren't you curious what your address is? You never order something on Amazon?

Name me one other country where local citizens have no idea of the adress of the house they live in?

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Burkina Faso

Ok.

You do wonder if the mail man knows it. Anyone has experience in Thailand with orders from webshops? Do they make it to your local address in time? Or the mail man also has totally no idea about street names, soi names, house numbers?

Just now, Boy69 said:

The address system in Thailand is very complicated and confusing no wonder many locals have no idea what is their address.

Then as a consequence local webshops have a bad time in Thailand, no one can order online because the package won't arrive (the customer doesn't know his address and if he does it is still a big unknown if the package will arrive). The digital economy still has to take off then in Thailand?