bucknaway

Pattaya tourist trying Rio for first time

Brazil has a racist and homophobic government. And it was elected on a popular vote. Isn't that a consideration? I was  brought-up on a mixture of the 1950's film "Black Orpheus", The Girl from Ipanema and and the 1962 Brazilian football  team  and it remains the country in the world I'd most like to visit.  But not at the moment; and I'm not even Black! Now, if Lula was back in power and gays, the poor and Black Brazilians were treated with dignity......

22 hours ago, Londoner said:

Brazil has a racist and homophobic government. And it was elected on a popular vote. Isn't that a consideration? I was  brought-up on a mixture of the 1950's film "Black Orpheus", The Girl from Ipanema and and the 1962 Brazilian football  team  and it remains the country in the world I'd most like to visit.  But not at the moment; and I'm not even Black! Now, if Lula was back in power and gays, the poor and Black Brazilians were treated with dignity......

The USA has a racist homophobic government as well.  The extreme right wing has made visiting more difficult and 

has a nightmarish approach to immigration unless you’re blond blue eyed and christian.  White nationalists are encouraged 

gun violence rampant but I for one would still go to both countries and am planning a trip to Brazil next year.

Thanks, everyone.  I am going to only post when there is something happens that is worthy of your reading time.  

I'm still trying to find reasonable airline tickets.  The average cost for flights with no more than 1 connecting flight is $1390 USD.  I can buy 2 tickets to Thailand for that amount flying on Qatar.  I could use the $700 saved flying to Thailand to spend on social fun.

I could so easily say screw it and just return to Thailand but I've do e it to death.  I know to move about Thailand knight life than that of the area I live in.  It's time to try something new.  But I have to wait and find the right price for a ticket.  I'm giving myself 1 more week to look and if I can't find the ticket for the price I want ill just pay the average price and just try to put it out of my mind, otherwise it will eat at me thinking of what I could have done with that $700 USD.  Like a new laptop, a new cell phone, some new tools or buy some cryptocurrency.

I don't know where I will stay, I have not booked a room, I'll do that once I buy my ticket.  Since this is my first time in Brazil, I only plan to stay 9 days.  It's not enough time to hop from city to city, but it's enough time to get a feel for the flow of the place and decide if it's a place I want to return to with regularity.

For now, I'm just viewing the guys on offer https://garotocomlocal.com.br/rj-rio-de-janeiro/

Unless money is an issue or you havent decided whether you are going to brazil or thailand, u should stop comparing tickets between thailand and brazil. You already decided u wont go to thailand, so comparing will only make you feel bad. Also, if your holiday date is fixed already, airlines hardly goes cheaper the closer you are to the dates, unless they are having sales or you are willing to wait for last minutes deals. 

6 hours ago, spoon said:

Unless money is an issue or you havent decided whether you are going to brazil or thailand, u should stop comparing tickets between thailand and brazil. You already decided u wont go to thailand, so comparing will only make you feel bad. 

I like your way of thinking