JimmyJoe

Welcome Bar Silom Soi 4 host bar

Thank you for bringing it up, in fact it is directly across from Jupiter and sitting there with some very twinky  but witty  host  from Laos between 7.30 and 8.20. I had pleasure of spying Jupiter guys coming to work , not to mention commentary of my host,

drink 80, boy drink 140 if I recall correctly

I never understood the business model of the bars after telephone. This one is owned by the same woman who owns  Banana. Thanks for the info. I’ll be there on Saturday with my BF. It’s very relaxed and the drinks are reasonable.

Change of subject, what’s the story of the boss of Balcony? He cycles in at 22:00,  rarely talks to customers. We call him “Mr Angry “. Apparently he was in the British army.

18 minutes ago, joshhb said:

This one is owned by the same woman who owns  Banana. Thanks for the info. I’ll be there on Saturday with my BF. It’s very relaxed and the drinks are reasonable.

Do you mean the Thai woman who used to own both Twilight and Soi 4 Banana bar?

I heard that she sold Banana bar to the British man last year.

On 9/5/2019 at 6:39 AM, vinapu said:

Why pollute our heads with worries of who owner is , even less with what he or she does

Definitely a bad idea. But there are any number of good reasons why someone might be interested in these things.   Not pollution, not worries, knowledge!

It might be an interest in the history of "our" community. It might be curiosity about changes of bar style or policy. It might be any number of things.

And there's an old saying about those who don't study history...

11 minutes ago, KevKev01 said:

Is this the bar opposite Jupiter that has the signage of “Jupiter”? 

Yes but it's sign is a big 'W' (for Welcome).

It is the ex Balcony second terrace. It houses a tattoo parlour (favoured by Aussie showbiz entrepreneur Molly Meldrum) and has many hosts (Cambodian and Thai).

Oh, I see what you mean Kev. No the bar directly opposite Jupiter is an offshoot of Jupiter and is, I think, used as a karaoke but have seldom seen customers in there.

19 hours ago, joshhb said:

I've never had the nerve to try and strike up a conversation with him. It seems odd to own a bar, and then not interact with staff or customers.

I tried to talk with him but he just grunted a reply I could not understand.

The person who owned part of the bar dies and I guess this guy has taken over completely.