vinapu

Chasing dreams and illusions - report of August 2019 trip

7 hours ago, martinsen said:

Most interesting report.  Why did you wait so long to post it?

You are a smart guy.  Just visit here for a while and return home.  Very wise.

So long ?

I just returned late Sunday so needed some time to convert my notes made there to regular report. It will take a while before I finish it so be patient.

As for second part , while I love Thailand and it's people, I love my 4 season and I doubt I'd like to live permanently in country with constant heat. 

To be fair during my whole trip weather was excellent with only 2 major disruptive  rains and only few  days when after day of wandering I returned to the hotel with sweaty shirt.

acting on question from member here is some additional information:

If you over 60, admission now till end of Sept is 250  , regular is posted as 765 but during my stay they were giving 10 %  off so it was 690. It looks that those prices are dynamic and they change them according to demand, perhaps that 10% is weekdays only I have impression I heard that but not sure. Anyways it's worth even 1000 in my opinion and I'd fork it , may be not so many times as I did this trip . There's no limit to stay  , whole day is fine.

48 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

On line booking is $ 30 ,So it's cheaper if I just arrive there and buy a ticket ( I am not over 60 year old)?

Yes , 765 baht and  you mat receive that 10% discount.

That 30 $ may be price for October or later , I bought few of my tickets on-line while still at home and price was the same

On 9/12/2019 at 5:03 AM, vinapu said:

as you know I'm just grumpy old men who is afraid to be alone in the room when  midnight strikes

Oh! You are ABBA!