alex303

Adventures in Bangkok, Pattaya & Hanoi Aug - Sept 19

2 hours ago, paulsf said:

Alex thanks for the report. As I have the advantage of getting the daily reports of your trip, it’s fun to read the book version.  

Paul your very welcome, tbh I think you have the patience of a saint putting up with my LINE ramblings at times, funnily enough I'm reading back thru the old notes using them to assemble this report though.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

Lovely report . Your adventures approved that the bad reputation of the Viet boys in this forum is not correct .

Thank you, I think there's a lot of good guys in the Viet community if you take the time to get to know them...I have had a few 'so so' experiences with other guys in the past also (usually younger / less experienced ones who are new to BKK) as you'll see later...but generally I consider myself lucky to know them and enjoy hanging out with them.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

thank you for  a great and entertaining report, I see now  need to return to Vietnam after quite an absence

Thank you, your very welcome...tbh I think your reports are some of the most enjoyable on the forum so that's much appreciated...if you can I'd highly recommend a visit, especially with company, although I did notice that Hornet was fairly active in Hanoi too so plenty of fun to be had.  I will try to add some more pics in the next post with the last couple of days there.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

Great report !

Except the on-line apps any gay scene at Hanoi ?

Thank you! 

There is not an obvious gay scene in the same way as BKK, but my feeling was there's definitely an underground scene as quite a few normal (horny) non MB guys plus massage guys etc were messaging me, but my dear guide kept me too busy.  Crazy the amount of cute guys everywhere you looked though, I took 'B' for a haircut on that first night (forgot to mention it above) and the stylist was ridiculously cute.

I think in the big cities like Hanoi & HCM things are steadily changing though and they're becoming more open, just takes time...plus their culture in the North has a lot more Roman Catholics guys than say Thai / Laos with Buddhists and that plays a big part too.

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

The hotels look attractive and well-priced. Gay-friendly? visitors welcome?

I stayed in an AirBNB condo which was great, cost wise probably 30% less than the same size condo in BKK...but as we all know to our cost, renting AirBNB in BKK has shot up a lot the last 2-3 years, I just checked with the owner beforehand that my 'guide' would be hanging out with me.

I believe other members have stayed in hotels in Hanoi and might be able to add to this.

4 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Didn’t check the Forum yesterday, so finding your report this morning was a very pleasant start to the day.  You make the effort of reporting seem effortless 

Ah no problem, figured it was about time I made the effort...to be fair have had a lot of fun over the years reading your reports too!