Patanawet

up2 Hair Rama4, Bangkok

Does anyone know what has happened to Luk at up2 hair?

His salon closed at the start of this month, shortly after the closure of Purple Dragon next door.

I have used Luck and earlier his brother Gun since Amnuay closed his Summer Rain Salon some years ago.

I'd love to know where Luk is working now.

I was unpleasantly surprised just about a week ago when I wanted to go and get some waxing. I was thinking about asking here too if anyone knows what happened and maybe where the staff went. My regular was the friendly Myanmar guy, not sure about his name (Vee?)

I'm planning to go to Cutey&Beauty instead soon, kinda hoping that my guy got a job there. Even if not, I might ask if they know anything

paid the exact same today at Cutey & Beautey for my waxing as at UP2. Service was OK, but I still (pointlessly lol) prefer old UP2, if only for being more unpretentious. And as I said before, I liked the gentle Burmese guy, very good and diligent service and just a pleasant guy. Maybe he turns up somewhere.... Until then it will have to be C&B.

Didn't ask if they knew anything about UP2, the opportunity sort of didn't present itself. Maybe next time. 

10 hours ago, anddy said:

paid the exact same today at Cutey & Beautey for my waxing as at UP2. Service was OK, but I still (pointlessly lol) prefer old UP2, if only for being more unpretentious. And as I said before, I liked the gentle Burmese guy, very good and diligent service and just a pleasant guy. Maybe he turns up somewhere.... Until then it will have to be C&B.

Didn't ask if they knew anything about UP2, the opportunity sort of didn't present itself. Maybe next time. 

Hi Anddy, mind sharing what are the charges like for Cutey & Beautey, and how long the process takes? Never did waxing before, but thinking of trying. Does it take long for the hair to grow out after that? Will the regrown hair also grow faster and end up becoming thicker too? Appreciate your advice!

To answer my own question a bit, I'm told that Luk hasn't been answering his mobile for a while. He is now working in a salon (don't know if his own or another's) on Rama 2 wherever that is.
His cute Cambodian co-worker started this week at Cutey Beauty.

Price for a haircut in Cutey Beauty is 400 Baht, 100 more than at up2.  The owner told me that he gives people with Balcony Club cards 10% discounts but didn't me (maybe because I didn't proffer my card).

8 hours ago, Patanawet said:

To answer my own question a bit, I'm told that Luk hasn't been answering his mobile for a while. He is now working in a salon (don't know if his own or another's) on Rama 2 wherever that is.
His cute Cambodian co-worker started this week at Cutey Beauty.

Price for a haircut in Cutey Beauty is 400 Baht, 100 more than at up2.  The owner told me that he gives people with Balcony Club cards 10% discounts but didn't me (maybe because I didn't proffer my card).

thanks for the update! I'm not aware of a cute Cambodian coworker, only guy I had contact with (for waxing) was Burmese.... 

22 hours ago, Patanawet said:

Thanks Anddy. My apologies - a brain freeze --- I should have written Burmese. 

no worries, thanks for clarifying though :) 

Happy to hear he landed a new job there, so for sure I'll go there for my next waxing again then and hope he will be there

@ Ram 2, pra-ram tee song:

Greater BKK has 9 Ram xx roads, from 1 to 9. it also has a bridge ram8.

Ram 2 is a fairly long straight road in the outer south-west of greater BKK, Thonburi side, also quite far from BTS, it has numerous shopping centres (at least 2x BigC, Centran, tesco-one of the very oldest started as Lotus) at least 3 local wet markets and a gay sauna for ages, in the remaining old-style block squeezed into that U-shaped Centran. the road leads into the road out of BKk to the south and the Amphawan water market and that ''trains across the market'' VDO where Asians go wild at. Without any further info its impossible to loate a place, plus that it might also well be into one of the 100s of side-sois off it.

19 hours ago, pong said:

@ Ram 2, pra-ram tee song:

Greater BKK has 9 Ram xx roads, from 1 to 9. it also has a bridge ram8.

Ram 2 is a fairly long straight road in the outer south-west of greater BKK, Thonburi side, also quite far from BTS

Thanks so much Pong. It does indeed sound a long trawl from one end to the other trying every hairdressers ón route. I'll just have to rely on the grapevine.