manuelmendez

Asking some advices or recommendations, plan to visit Manila

Can you change your plans and visit Cebu City instead? Or just use Manila as your base and fly to Boracay or Palawan. I have been visiting the Philippines for over 15 years and I simply avoid Manila. Too crowded, too much traffic, and not much to do except the huge Malls. But if in Manila you can use PlanetRomeo, Whatsapp, or LINE to meet guys! Grinder is not so popular in the PH. Enjoy!!

Two weeks ago I was in Philippines for a second time . Went to Bohol island for 2 days and then 3 days in Manila . Very lucky with Planet Romeo , strongly recommended . Try F Club and Sauna ( previously named as Fahrenheit ) in Quezon City . Membership is required and with 400 pesos which is 8 USD I became a member and entered in . 3 different towel colors :) blue is for tops white is for versatiles and pink for bottoms . As I have not been informed about the towel colors I took the white towel which was given to me by the towel boy . After having few beers at the bar ( they have 2 bars ) a guy with a blue towel sat besides me and we started to chat . A handsome 30 years old Pinoy teacher also his first visit to the sauna and he was not aware of the towel colors too . Surprisingly I learned that actually he is a bottom :) . He was so hot and we both enjoyed the daddy and son sessions ( I am 56 ) a lot during the night and the following morning in my hotel room .

Two years ago during my first visit I went to several Macho bars . I only liked one of them which is named White Bird in Pasay . In macho bars guys are dancing but difficult to off them . You can call them for a drink and maybe you can meet after their show ends .

Hope you have a nice time in the Philippines .       

Please keep in mind that the traffic in Manila is really a great problem . 

You can also go to a bar named Chelu in Malate . Pinoy guys are very friendly :) I met a very sharp IT guy and his friends there and had a wonderful time with them during my first visit to the Philippines in 2017 . Since then we are very good friends with benefits with the IT guy . We travelled together in Bohol this year and Bali last year .  

Sounds like you had a great time!! Did you go to Panglao Island?

I will be flying to Cebu City (3 weeks) and then Manila (1 week) in February and March. Will visit some old and new Friends in Cebu City and then spend the week in Manila with my HOT 28yo Pinoy Friend. We plan to go down to San Juan and lie on the beach!!! Guess I will need to write a Report...

1 hour ago, GWMinUS said:

Sounds like you had a great time!! Did you go to Panglao Island?

I will be flying to Cebu City (3 weeks) and then Manila (1 week) in February and March. Will visit some old and new Friends in Cebu City and then spend the week in Manila with my HOT 28yo Pinoy Friend. We plan to go down to San Juan and lie on the beach!!! Guess I will need to write a Report...

Yes stayed in Panglao , Henann Resort . I went to Cebu in 2017 . Swimming with whalesharks was a great experience . Looking forward to read your report :)  

I stayed in Manila and Cebu.

The Manila traffic is bad, but the taxi journey from the airport to Malate wasn't too slow.   After that, I got around by walking, Jeepneys and their MRT system (3 lines).    The MRT was quite pleasant in the middle of the day, but absolutely rammed during rush hour(s).   People had to force their way off the trains and they were all patting down their pockets to make sure everything was still there.   So I avoided the busy times.    Strangely, Manila MRT stops before the airport.    It just needs one short extra piece of line to get to the airport, but perhaps not many travellers would use it.

Plenty of boys on the phone apps.  Financial expectations are lower than Thailand.   I can't find my notes on this, but think asking for 1000 php (600 baht) was typical, sometimes even less.

The place feels nowhere near as secure as Thailand.  Even Starbucks had armed guards.  

I would go back to Manila and probably try some other places.     

Yes, Security Guards at the entrance to businesses have been common in the Philippines for years. And I agree it is partly to provide employment. But one of my long-time friends was a Security Guard and he loved his Short Barrel Shotgun!!! I most often stayed in Malate at the Century Park Hotel. It could take 2 hours by taxi to get from there to the Malls in Makita...

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

you should work in Manilla chamber of commerce and be in charge of city promotion office

HAHAHA That comment was actually a complaint!! Sitting in a Taxi for 2 hours is not my idea of a Positive.

But I must say, the traffic in Cebu City is getting very bad also. If you try to go from Osmena Circle to Ayala Center at 5 or 6pm it can take 45 minutes. So just book at the Marriott or the Seda and avoid the traffic! :p