ichigo

Food recommendations

Hi all,

So one of my favourite things to do when I visit foreign countries (apart from, ahem, tasting the local delicacies, to put it mildly) is to eat! So I'm just wondering what your favourite places to eat are, around the general Patpong area (I noticed quite a lot of Japanese restaurants on google maps), and also in the Jomtien Complex. I'll be staying at Raya and Zing.

Cheers!

Some BKK spots

For Isaan food - Somtum Der on Saladaeng.  Also Northeast on the corner of Rama 4 and Soi Saladaeng 1.  (Northeast is really a gem.  Inexpensive, good and very authentic.)

Happy Endings upstairs in the Woof Pack building on Soi Saladaeng 1 (near Rama 4) is a delightful "hip" Vietnamese inspired restaurant.

Most everybody loves Plu just off Suan Phlu.  Lovely spot with good thai/modernish food.  

If you just want pizza and jazz Smalls on Suan Phlu is nice. (Mostly straight crowd)

I have always been pleasantly surprised by Fatboy Sushi on Soi Yammarat just off Saladaeng.  It's small and gets very crowded so reservations recommended.  Good sushi = expensive.  (But depending on where you come from, might seem a bargain.)

Kika on Soi Convent is just a regular gay bar that serves ok bar food.  The crowd tends to be younger expats and the Thais who love them.  Not so much a sexpat crowd, so be respectful, but a fun - if loud- place in my experience.  

Hokkaido Ramen is good and popular.  Just across from Golden Cock.  Soi Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra 1

You're on holiday.  Just go to Brioche from Heaven just near the Chong Nonsi BTS station and indulge yourself.  What happens in Bangkok stays in Bangkok.

La Table de Tee just off Saladaeng is my high-end nominee.  It's really good and very gay-friendly.  (It's everybody-friendly.). Expensive.  

2 hours ago, ichigo said:

I'm just wondering what your favourite places to eat are, around the general Patpong area

Across the road from Raya there's unpretentious  Thai  seafood restaurant with big tank at front. Open till very late and all boys I took there liked it ( me not as much but only because I was paying the bill).

That plus Foodland and Madrid Tavern are good enough to keep me and my stomach happy even during 2 weeks stay. You asked , you have answer what are MY favorite places. As you see I'm opposite than you and I don't indulge in gourmet foods, specially when I travel.

So disregard what I'm saying and rather follow impressive Divine Madman's list above.  

51 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Some BKK spots

For Isaan food - Somtum Der on Saladaeng.  Also Northeast on the corner of Rama 4 and Soi Saladaeng 1.  (Northeast is really a gem.  Inexpensive, good and very authentic.)

I like Northeast too.

They have extensive menus, not only Isaan but general Thai food like Pad thai.

D0F55FE2-B424-48E8-820F-4B6AEB67F3E1.thumb.jpeg.26562c5c6bcce38e38f86c3ed68f6534.jpeg

Lon Lon Local Diner

Located on the ground floor of Trinity Silom Hotel, just off BTS Chong Nonsi. It's actually two restaurants in one, and they really have two menus (one on the front, one on the back of the large menu card), "Lon Lon Local Diner" and "The Local Canteen". The latter is supposed to be there only temporarily while they renovate their own space just around the corner., but who knows lol Anyway....

The food is really good and they have things you don't get in run-of-the-mill Thai restaurants.

https://goo.gl/maps/vZHHwsFoES6nTfub6

14 hours ago, vinapu said:

but eat something in meantime 

oh yes, must not forget

1 hour ago, anddy said:

Lon Lon Local Diner

Located on the ground floor of Trinity Silom Hotel, just off BTS Chong Nonsi. It's actually two restaurants in one, and they really have two menus (one on the front, one on the back of the large menu card), "Lon Lon Local Diner" and "The Local Canteen". The latter is supposed to be there only temporarily while they renovate their own space just around the corner., but who knows lol Anyway....

The food is really good and they have things you don't get in run-of-the-mill Thai restaurants.

https://goo.gl/maps/vZHHwsFoES6nTfub6

I actually tried this place in September - it was really good!