jason1975

Line group?

1 hour ago, hanan said:

What would be the difference from here? 

That's what I was trying to figure out.

Other than avoiding the tiresome login process & account locked e-mails,  I don't see an obvious advantage.   

However, as I have no experience of Line groups, I might just be misjudging this.  If there is some reason why it's better, I might join.

Presumably I will get notifications every time someone posts ?    I only really want notifications when a message directly to me arrives, as I don't want to get into the habit of ignoring notifications, then missing a message from my evening date.

Also, are user line IDs and profiles shared within the group ?    If so, how would group membership be controlled ?      Some people have their face pic on Line profiles, including me, but almost no one has a face pic here.   There are good reasons for this difference.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

Thanks, but I didn't spot the explanation about how Line groups work.

I already use Line as my primary method of chatting with lads in Thailand.   Mainly because it avoids me having to give out my phone number,  it's easy to block any unsatisfactory boy who persistently keeps asking to meet again and I can use the same Line account irrespective of what SIM is in the phone.   Also, quite a few of the lads have a picture in their profile, so it's helpful with identification.   Also, it means they go in my Line contacts, not the main google contacts.  

It's a pretty good app for these purposes.

My Line profile has my real name and a face pic on it.   Therefore the only way I would join a Line group would be if it had some kind of ring fence to keep sensible long time contributors in, with trolls & unknowns kept out.   I guess that would be difficult.       I suppose the other way is to open a second Line account.

Hi, thats exactly it, many Thai have 2+ or dozens of LINE-accounts, for any purpose, nearly as handy/known as fb.

Is it easy to keep a LINE on a non-Thai nr? (I am pretty dreadful at such things that are for others so easy). or do you keep a once acquired and certified Thai nr for it?

But re or. subject: keeping updated for the rather small Thai (and Pattters) tourist-area (or ghetto) is dead-easy, also on here, but Iám mainly interested in the Thai much bigger out of that nr of places and that is increasingly difficult. REven der christian seems to have given up on keeping on the current for ex. with sauna's and other places-he just occasionally stumbles on them anymore.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

Presumably I will get notifications every time someone posts ?    I only really want notifications when a message directly to me arrives, as I don't want to get into the habit of ignoring notifications, then missing a message from my evening date.

I have a Line group set up with friends.

Since the forum members lives in many different time zones, you could be getting notifications at the middle of the night for every single sentences the member posts! 
Not to recommend for light sleepers.

1 hour ago, z909 said:

.My Line profile has my real name and a face pic on it.   Therefore the only way I would join a Line group would be if it had some kind of ring fence to keep sensible long time contributors in, with trolls & unknowns kept out.   I guess that would be difficult.       I suppose the other way is to open a second Line account.

Opening a second Line account isn’t impossible but rather complicated.

1. You need a different telephone number.
    One Line account for one telephone number.

2. You can’t login to 2 different account in one mobile phone. 

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Opening a second Line account isn’t impossible but rather complicated.

1. You need a different telephone number.
    One Line account for one telephone number.

2. You can’t login to 2 different account in one mobile phone. 

Actually, you can login with facebook account. Create a fake facebook account and that's it you have another line id. 

13 minutes ago, Bkkrunner said:

Actually, you can login with facebook account. Create a fake facebook account and that's it you have another line id. 

I know but every time you want to switch accounts 1 and 2, (1. the Line main ac with telephone number 2. Line ac you created with FB) you must uninstall and reinstall Line app ?

42 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I have a Line group set up with friends.

Since the forum members lives in many different time zones, you could be getting notifications at the middle of the night for every single sentences the member posts! 
Not to recommend for light sleepers.

Android phones have a do not disturb mode, so you set it so interruptions are turned off automatically during sleeping hours.   This works well.    I presume the Apple have something similar.

It's even possible to have exceptions for certain people, if you choose.  

A bigger risk is constant interruptions when trying to concentrate on something else.   Bad for productivity and mental health.

2 minutes ago, z909 said:

Android phones have a do not disturb mode, so you set it so interruptions are turned off automatically during sleeping hours.   This works well.    I presume the Apple have something similar.

iPhone has the same but don’t want to turn it on in case of urgent Line calls etc.

Line group is definitely for chatting rather and what one say can easily get lost after a while. So unless you are on your phone most of the time, chances are you will miss lots of stuff. 

You can always mute just the group from notification during night time. And can always remove profile pic and real name if you want to join the group, just to see if it can benefit you, and leave the group if it doesnt fit your way. Yes you can have multiple line id, there are few workaround (app replicator for example) 

My main concern is the rules. Usually big line group have lots of rules that must be followed and there will be moderator who will ensure rules will be followed. If there isnt any, it wont be long before some member in the group will start bickering about what is allowed and what is not etc. 

1 hour ago, Gaybutton said:

Does LINE work in everybody's home country?  I know LINE works in Thailand and India, but I have no idea whether it works in Europe, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, or elsewhere.  If not, I think remaining on this forum would be better.

I'm pretty sure it works everywhere - only possible exceptions might be a particular country where the government tries to control all these sorts of things.

22 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

I'm pretty sure it works everywhere - only possible exceptions might be a particular country where the government tries to control all these sorts of things.

China limit the use of Line, there are few way around but not with Chinese SIM cards.

Apparently boys with Chinese customers (HK is ok) are using WeChat app to contact customer in mainland China.