numazu

Bangkok Trip Report 2019: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same Part 2

4 hours ago, jason1975 said:

being a regular customer at Lucky Boys, I shall be able to find out who the two boys are from my favourite mamasan!

remember that guy / guys/ who send one of us to the Moon may be just also runs for you or somebody else. Or other way around.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

remember that guy / guys/ who send one of us to the Moon may be just also runs for you or somebody else. Or other way around.

I totally agree that the experience might be different but it doesn’t hurt to ask! The Cambodian boy might be the one I went LT in June!

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, spoon said:

The model pictured above doesn't seem to be Mr. Smart who has much bigger shoulders and biceps.

I think he is the one standing on the left side of Mr. Nicky in the picture of the other thread dedicated to Watt.

I have been also eyeing on him and he seems to have more defined abs than Mr. Smart. I am not sure if his name is Nutt or Nest.

34 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

The model pictured above doesn't seem to be Mr. Smart who has much bigger shoulders and biceps.

I think he is the one standing on the left side of Mr. Nicky in the picture of the other thread dedicated to Watt.

I have been also eyeing on him and he seems to have more defined abs than Mr. Smart. I am not sure if his name is Nutt or Nest.

this is Nut

On 12/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, numazu said:

I must admit, I was super hungry for food. I haven’t eaten anything in almost 12 hours now, and I’ve met 4 guys since then. I run down and meet Cambodia just outside Crowne Plaza. He flashes me a smile, and thanks me for coming for him. Surprisingly, he takes my hand and we walk along Rama IV to the Surawong Rd direction. He asks me where I wanted to eat. I tell him a sit down restaurant would be nice. Hand in hand still, we make a left on Thaniya and come upon this open air restaurant (really it’s a collection of tables and chairs near a Family Mart) called Thaniya Bar Beer:

IMG_2877.thumb.jpg.316fd79162ff9b35265cc5fad132c311.jpg

As we get seats, Cambodia says hi to a lot of the boys already eating there. I see a big party to my right, some boys and mamasans from Lucky Boys. Another party in front of us. I recognize some of the guys in the table. “From Moonlight,” Cambodia says. No models, but some of the familiar mamasans and regular boys were in attendance. I guess this was a popular haunt by the gogo boy bar employees.

I have passed this place at Thaniya during those times I left Jupiter at 2am to go back to The Raya. Sometimes there is an old man playing Thai songs on his guitar.

hi there Numazu. thanks for effort, write about nightlife in bkk. my last visit to bkk is last year july. as i read yours, now im updated a bit. my favourite place to visit is tawan and arena. tawan, during my previous visit, only few keep in shape. others look like fat/bulky offseason. i wonder what tawan look like currently? hope the cap guy mamasan still there. he always ask me to pick some men, dont want see me 'empty handed' go back to hotel. 

2 hours ago, numazu said:

Are these models just notorious for being non-performers? It's a wonder anyone would off them with this reputation. In all honesty, this reputation made me not want to off them initially. Glad I did anyway. 

LOL. 

Cheeky bastard. LOL. Shame for my no-naming-boys policy.

Can anyone have a good explanation why Cambodians have the best english proficiency out of everyone else in the Indochinese peninsula?

......................... but one of the super-hulks from there was one of my favorite offs, as he even was my driver and used his SUV to drive me around Pattaya three years ago, as well as staying with me the whole time. He was my best off from that bar, and does more in bed than most of the other offs I've had from that bar..............

as for Moonlight models I have an impression that ' nonperforming reputation ' is created by voices belonging to people who never actually offed them.

Few members who did , including myself  ( Nicky, Fluke, Tam - before he become model though ) actually seemed to be quite happy with experiences , only reservations were whether expense warranted it. But like with all ' luxury ' items ' , disappointment is always possible as those who tested expensive alcohols  can attest. Also you seem to be happy with your trial run of Smart (?). One out or members reported offing Babe twice so obviously  nothing wrong even if such 'star'.

So old advice , listen to everybody but go and try for yourself still applies.

as for naming there are, in my opinion ,  two equally acceptable approaches , either no name but graphics or no graphics but name. Either  way  satisfies only part of reader's curiosity but keeps boy's reputation intact.

perhaps UN effort and expense   in establishing peace in Cambodia resulted in access  to better schooling in English or at least to conversation in that tongue but I agree, Cambodians seem to be better English speaker than Thais.

that guy you mention  was not in Tawan when I was there in Aug/ Sept and Oct so perhaps gone or well sponsored 

2 hours ago, numazu said:

LOL "readers". Makes me feel like an author of a serial in a newspaper. My reward for writing these reports is reaped years from now, when I re-read the reports with a fond reminiscing of my fun. It it always great to reminded of what I did, and it informs what I want to do in future trips.

You are author of serial in this forum. You not alone re-reading reports from past endeavors to energize before  future trips. I do the same with mine about twice  a year.

12 hours ago, numazu said:

LOL "readers". Makes me feel like an author of a serial in a newspaper. My reward for writing these reports is reaped years from now, when I re-read the reports with a fond reminiscing of my fun. It it always great to reminded of what I did, and it informs what I want to do in future trips.

Quite the travel writer, I’d say. Your reports have a reflective quality that is engaging because it makes the events more personal and authentic. I like the little side stops at bars or the times where you just wanted time out just as much as the hijinks in bars asking the floor boys to split into tops and everythings. 

Do you write similar reports for your S. American trips? I’d be intrigued to see the same lens applied there. I’ve had a couple of experiences with Latino guys passing through my home town so I understand what you mean when you say they’re of a different kind to Bangkok guys. 

13 hours ago, numazu said:

Manila was an interesting trip. I have business there and always find myself there once in a while through the years. Not as exciting as my Bangkok trip but fairly fun-filled nevertheless. Maybe not enough for a full-blown trip report but maybe I should talk about the trip.

I did travel to many countries in SE Asia already, but next month will be my first time going to The Philippines. Starting in Manila. So would be happy to hear your exciting Manila experiences! ;)