spicytea123

18 y/o going to Bangkok tomorrow. Need some advice.

Hey, I'm an 18 years old virgin from Scotland and I'm heading to Bangkok tomorrow. How do I go about hooking up with guys here? Do I have to stay in Silom if I want some 'action' or will guys come up to the Khao san area? Is it easier to hook up with a guy on a mobile app or should I walk into clubs/bars? Preferably I'd like to meet-up over an app and that way, hopefully, I can stay at khaosan and not have to go to Silom. 

Btw, I'm really tight as I don't have much experience. (:   Is that a problem? Should I get some poppers or do they not help that much?

apps work very well, should also be the case in Khao San area

You can also go to DJ Station, always easy to hook up there as well i found. It's obviously in Silom.

Or the saunas. See www.travelgayasia.com for listings

18 hours ago, spicytea123 said:

Hey, I'm an 18 years old virgin from Scotland and I'm heading to Bangkok tomorrow

welcome to the forum and have a nice trip

chances are by Sunday's midnight you will not be virgin anymore but remember to play safe .

If you stay in Khao San area ( why? lots of cheap digs in Silom / Suriwong area too )  make sure you  are not trying to bring guy to multibed room you are staying so make sure  you have some private digs. Some people staying in your hotel may be bit homophobic so be discreet, Khao san is backpacker area but not exactly gay backpacker one. 

I suggest u stay in Silom area, there's also a lot of boys in app if you want that...and in case u want 2 try going 2 go go bars for a full BKK experience, its the best place since there's a lot!!!

Just 2 share 2 u, I was devirginized in BKK last yr, I did not intend 2 lose my virginity but I met this muscular and good-looking guy in Dreamboys who pops my cherry, and he's been my regular ever since.

Just 2 suggest, for go go bars, if you like model-looking boys, try Moonlight & Jupiter2018, for bodybuilder-type there's Tawan, for twinks there's Screwboys and Lucky Boys...but my best off (take the boy 2 your hotel) is still in Dreamboys, standard rate of boy is 2,000 baht if you off him, if you just table him, price of drink + 200 baht, and entrace fee of most bar is 500 baht but some are cheaper which includes 1 drink and viewing the show.

In app, I used rentmen.com and the boy I've met there is my best sex ever!!!

Good luck Spicy!!!

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

a nice trip

chances are by Sunday's midnight you will not be virgin anymore but remember to play safe .

If you stay in Khao San area ( why? lots of cheap digs in Silom / Suriwong area too )  make sure you  are not trying to bring guy to multibed room you are staying so make sure  you have some private digs. Some people staying in your hotel may be bit homophobic so be discreet, Khao san is backpacker area but not exactly gay backpacker one

2 good advices from Vinapu. 

First,Since you are inexperience only with condom.

Second,Khao San is definitely not for you straight backpackers area will not make you comfortable better Silom-Suriwong area plenty of gay bars and clubs and the most important thing most hotels there are gay guests freindly what can not be said about Khao San hotels which are not joiners freindly at all for gay or straight.

Plenty meet-up over an app options as well but since you are very young and inexperienced it's better to meet up at agreed place out of your room and only if you find the person suitable for you to invite him to your room, if not politely ask him to leave.

Age 18 and venturing into Bangkok for paid sex on a budget...perhaps some forum members on long stay in Bangkok would be kind enough to reach out to this member?

My take. Most available boys / or young Thai gays looking for action at DJ Station will frequent Silom/Surawong. They only go to Khao San to drink and party with straight local friends once in a while. Barboys have told me dismissively Khao San is “Lo-so” so I can see them losing interest if requested to transport themselves there. You may find a boy off the app willing to do so. I don’t know. Apps are varied and even less regulated than bars where there will be a mamasan to help and complain to, if you can withstand the initial pressure to choose an off ASAP. 

But on the same budget you would find better rooms in Silom especially since you are not competing with 90% of straight backpacker land for digs. In December. First timers on a budget go to Khao San. Repeat budget travellers straight or gay stay in Silom and possibly Yaowarat or riverside for better and less congested accommodation. The traffic in between Khao San and Silom can be a nightmare unless you’re willing to rely on public transport or go back very late at night. I don’t see a boy from Silom cheerfully taking s combination of the BTS/MRT/bus to return to khao San. Likely you’ll have to rent a short time room which is additional expense. 

Yes it's easy to find guys off the apps.  Lots of young gay travelers and locals will go to stay and party around Khao San, so you don't have to go to Silom if you don't want to.  It's a big gay metropolitan city and you can find guys all over.  And they can find you.  If you do want to go to Silom then DJ Station of G (former GOD) is fine, but I thought you had to be 20 to get into the clubs.

Don't let the Silom-centric people - who I think are probably older - dissuade you from hanging out anywhere you want to.  Khao San is a favored spot for the backpackers for a reason.  Enjoy it.

I don't think Khao San is seriously called "Lo-So" (and actually that's not really a term that's used - I think some guys are yanking somebody's chain).  If someone is going to make an observation about "Lo-So," it's about true lower class people, maybe migrant, poor, etc., not the types of people hanging out on Khao San.  But again, I think it's not seriously used in conversation.  It's touristy and maybe bar guys from some countries might not like to hang out there, so they're talking smack about it, but it absolutely is a place where younger Thais will go to party with westerners.  (And westerners are not Lo-So by any mean).  It's not the most popular place for gay thais, but numbers are in your favor.

Without meaning to sound defensive in the slightest, I’ve offered to take some barboys to Khao San for a drink (being curious, as I haven’t been for some years) and can say with confidence they used “Lo-so” to refer to the place. Maybe that’s what they thought I would understand. And they may have been trying to dissuade me as they wanted to be taken somewhere more expensive and closer to Silom! 

Anyway OP, you are getting a good mix of opinions here. Enjoy and we look forward to hearing back! When I was closer to your age I had a wonderful time in all of Bangkok not restricted to any area. 

G doesn’t really check foreigner ID only Thais. DJ does I think. 

I've booked three nights in Silom. Not sure if that was the right decision. A lot of people were telling me to go to Khao San especially considering my age but I ignored them because I'm quite introverted and didn't like the look of it from the photos. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake. Can always visit I guess. Wish me luck!

13 minutes ago, spicytea123 said:

I've booked three nights in Silom. Not sure if that was the right decision. A lot of people were telling me to go to Khao San especially considering my age but I ignored them because I'm quite introverted and didn't like the look of it from the photos. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake. Can always visit I guess. Wish me luck!

Good luck.  There are no wrong decisions....Fun to be had everywhere.  

Bangkok can be overwhelming for first time solo traveller especially in finding food options. Do make a list (this forum is a great resource) of recommendations in advance for your area. Also do check out the Siam BTS district or big malls if you need some respite from street level chaos. 

There is a forum member that posts now and then.  I won’t name him, but he’ll probably add to conversation when he sees this. 
He takes guys from gogo’s to Khao San all the time.   They go and eat, drink and shop.   They have a great time.   I’ve never heard him make any negative comments or talk about being uncomfortable about the area.  

3 hours ago, spicytea123 said:

I wish you luck and I'd do the same even if you forget about whole  gay thing.

Simply Silom has much better transport options  because it's more centrally located. Only thing Kao San is better positioned it's Grand Palace but now with new MRT / underground  / line passing by Wat Po it's easy to get to that area even from Silom, going by river may take bit longer but it much more scenic 

2 hours ago, hank75 said:

Bangkok can be overwhelming for first time solo traveller especially in finding food options.

food in Bangkok is everywhere and street / market one is  cheap and tasty. 

Since OP is staying in Silom area it's good to remind that Foodland Patpong has cheap 65 baht breakfast between 5.30 and 9

Good luck on your solo travel 18- year old scottish virgin! I wish i had your courage to travel solo at your age to somewhere that is anything like thailand gay scene. My first solo travel was hong kong summer, but i wasnt a virgin by then, as i already ventured and explore gay scene in my country first hehe.

My first real paid gay experience was a massage. First was all male legit massage place, in a mall, masseur wasnt naked but i am. Tried few of the masseurs through time and one or two of them offered me HJ while it was just massage with majority of them. Then i summon the courage to try a gay massage place, where masseur is naked from beginning, no minimum tip place which means u can choose not to have extra. It was nerve-wrecking at first but the masseur was really hot and good at making me calm. Before my solo travel to hk, i actually summon the courage to try the local gay sauna so i wont be too awkward going to sauna in HK. 

Regardless, it took me a while before i had my first anal sex. And it was with an MB ive had many times already, and i know he is sporting enough to deal with my first time trying as in trying to accomodate me adjusting with the feeling, pain, and stopping anytime i feel too much. My advice is, dont push yourself too much, and just go with the flow, and your first time might or might not goes as per your expectation and its alright. Hope you will have fun! And if you are nervous visiting bars alone, im sure some forum members here will be glad to join you and show you around.

Owh and u mentioned poppers, ive never used one and so far ive never feel the need to, but some members are using it and says it helps. Though popper might have some side effect to some people so maybe not so wise to use it first time when you are travelling solo in case you had bad side effect using it. Most people just felt headache or no side effect at all. Anyway, lube is more important, and learning to relax your spinchter muscle is a steep learning curve, at least for me lol. Once you learn to relax, it can only feel better after.

As a ''.Silomester', I would recommend starting in soi 4 for and early drink and food and get a chance to chat to others who can tell you about the commercial scene.

It's a long time since I was in soi2  (DJ Station etc.).  Do they still check IDs and passports and stop anyone under 20?

9 hours ago, hank75 said:

Age 18 and venturing into Bangkok for paid sex on a budget..

he didn't say anything to that effect, i.e. paid sex

7 hours ago, spicytea123 said:

what are your dates? If I'm free I could meet up with you and guide you around. I live close to Silom, so would be easy

3 hours ago, spicytea123 said:

Well... Paid sex or not, I'm fine with whatever as long as it's sex! (:

Quite a lot of the guys on the phone apps are not money boys, so at 18, you should try your luck with them.

14 hours ago, spicytea123 said:

This is the right decision close to the main gay section in Bangkok . good luck .we will be glad if you'll update us on your adventures :thumbsu:

KSR is not just that road but a every week wider area around where also about every day new Hotels/guesthouses/hoStels open en some also close or finally get renovate. Most of them in fact -also in private rooms, do NOT allow Thai visitors, even sometimes barring neatly married farang-Thai couples. But the days it was all dirt cheap sweaty prison-cell type rooms is long gone, there are dozens of swish, stylish and not so cheap anymore places with room prices between 1/2000 and some even higher. IHoStel/dorm rooms are also only there since few yrs apparently as young psns seem to think that should be cheap-many are not and cost more per bed as a single room in an old-style guesthse. In fact there also used to be a bit hidden but fairly extensive gay scene-all those 10.000s of workers there are also after some R&R after their very long duties have been done for work. Dont bother about finding it-they will find you. But you have competition from also a few 1000 of young farangy girls also out on the prowl to try out some Thai guys.

To me it completely escapes what a young person has to do arond Silom daytime, except getting out on the BTS or bus 15. Plus that the food scene is grave there and near unaccessible for cheapo Thai grabs for farang. However, I just perused soi 2 this afternoon and did as ..also states the sign that ID is checked and MIn age 20 and that there is now also a hoStel above paradise on floor 6-I assume if you stay there they have to let you pass by.