spicytea123

18 y/o going to Bangkok tomorrow. Need some advice.

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

The rate of undisclosed or untested hiv victims in Bangkok is very high....be very careful. Take your own condoms.

I agree with Londoner, not only HIV but the rate of other STDs are increasing too. Being unexperienced, you need to be aware all the time when you have sex. There are many guys in the apps who love bareback just because they think that they feel healthy and are taking PREP but they don't realize that PREP cannot protect you from other STDs. Popper might make you relaxed  but it will deteriorate your thought too, so just stick with a lot of lubricant and try to relax as much as possible. For me, massage parlour is my favorite because I can complaint to the mamasan if they do not behave. BEWARNED that oil and lotion can break the condom. If you will have intercourse with the massuer, clean the oil or lotion first that was used during the massage first. Hope that I haven't scared you of the dark side of BKK gay sex.

19 hours ago, DrimVoiz said:

..............I met this muscular and good-looking guy in Dreamboys who pops my cherry, and he's been my regular ever since.

Just 2 suggest, for go go bars, if you like model-looking boys, try Moonlight & Jupiter2018, for bodybuilder-type there's Tawan, for twinks there's Screwboys and Lucky Boys...but my best off (take the boy 2 your hotel) is still in Dreamboys, standard rate of boy is 2,000 baht if you off him, if you just table him, price of drink + 200 baht, and entrace fee of most bar is 500 baht but some are cheaper which includes 1 drink and viewing the show.

In app, I used rentmen.com and the boy I've met there is my best sex ever!!!

Good luck Spicy!!!

DrimVoiz , since I read your topic about your sex god, I am very eager to find out who he is and I think I have one step closer to get to him. Thanks for the brief guide to go go bars too. :)

35 minutes ago, tatar said:

DrimVoiz , since I read your topic about your sex god, I am very eager to find out who he is and I think I have one step closer to get to him. Thanks for the brief guide to go go bars too. :)

Ur welcome Tatar!!! But Mr. Sex God moves from country to country, he is in BKK only by chance...but u may be lucky just like me when he visits ur country or BKK again!!!

17 hours ago, paulsf said:

There is a forum member that posts now and then.  I won’t name him, but he’ll probably add to conversation when he sees this. 
He takes guys from gogo’s to Khao San all the time.   They go and eat, drink and shop.   They have a great time.   I’ve never heard him make any negative comments or talk about being uncomfortable about the area.  

Thank you...that would be me...Spicy i started off in the Khao San years ago when i very first came to Bangkok (probably over 22 years ago now)

I would say get a nice hotel in Silom / Sathorn...good tip if you want your chosen partner to over-night one with 2 rooms (bedroom plus living area is ideal)

Lucky-boys is a great place to start the night & drink in the scene imho plus you won't feel pressured due to the size of the club

DJ Station as others have said is definitely somewhere you could pick up, lots of horny young Asian guys looking for a farang for the night...or longer...lol, however one issue is your age as at 18 technically they should not let you in...its 20+....but security usually only check the younger Asians and not the farang so you might be able to slip in, worse case they'll just politely turn you away if they do ask to see ID.

Khao San Rd is most definitely a fun place and you really should visit it at least 1x or 2x, its always buzzing and something going on...a few of my regular 'dates' that know me sometimes ask to go there and we'll just wander around a bit and take it in...grab a couple of drinks and join one of the partying bars for a bit.  Usually spend a couple of hours there and then head back to Silom.  If you are going with a friend then 22:00 - 00:00 probably best as can get a bit more 'edgy' after midnight as the booze takes hold of some people.  Lots of my guys love it and i usually give them the choice and more often than not they'll pick there.

You could slot it in before DJ Station...then head to DJ (just before midnight) for the last couple of hours, if you keep yourself in shape i doubt you'd be lonely by the end of the evening at your age!

Enjoy! (i'll be there in 2 weeks too...can't wait)

26 minutes ago, alex303 said:

DJ Station as others have said is definitely somewhere you could pick up, lots of horny young Asian guys looking for a farang for the night...or longer...lol,

But be aware, the difference between bar boys and free lancers (free or not), is the risk , I've had a lot of great times at DJ and G.O.D., but have also "lost" a lot of phones too...NEVER with a bar boy....as much as I complain about drink prices and off's....is still cheaper than a phone or more in the long run.

17 hours ago, Londoner said:

The rate of undisclosed or untested hiv victims in Bangkok is very high....be very careful. Take your own condoms.

And to be even safer, talk to a Doctor or Clinic Nurse about getting PrEP. But you need to take the meds for 1 week before they are effective. So not an option for our OP. Condoms Work!!

Guys, the lad is only 18! He will have no problems finding similar aged thai /asian guys on the apps, in particular if he posts pics of a lean body (preferably his own!). No reason for him to resort to paid sex or expensive go-go bars/massage venues ; there will be plenty of nice looking local "next- door" guys eager to hook-up. I bet even in KSR he will get a lot attention in Grindr, Hornet and Blued. But of course he should experience Silom as well, but if the security guy at the entrance to Silom soi 2 asks for his ID, you will not get in (20y age limits is strictly enforced; farang or Asian - and the usual guy checking your ID (quite handsome, right?) is very experienced in spotting guys younger than 20y).

Anyway, good luck and enjoy! and please report back with your BKK experiences.

3 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

... the security guy at the entrance to Silom soi 2 asks for his ID, you will not get in (20y age limits is strictly enforced; farang or Asian - and the usual guy checking your ID (quite handsome, right?) is very experienced in spotting guys younger than 20y).

one of reasons I don't go there is that I was well over 40 and they still wanted to see my ID  so I decided no to frequent place with obvious shortage of oxygen. Hopefully now  they are more reasonable

32 minutes ago, vinapu said:

one of reasons I don't go there is that I was well over 40 and they still wanted to see my ID  so I decided no to frequent place with obvious shortage of oxygen. Hopefully now  they are more reasonable

that should not be a reason to avoid a place. Lack of oxygen is probably not the reason they asked for your ID. More likely:

(1) they couldn't guess your age because you are a farang (so take it as a compliment)

(2) They have a general rule to card EVERYONE, regardless of nationality and/or looks

(3) They had a recent police check which found a sloppy handling of the ID check (such as letting people like you through without it) and thus beccame strict (for a while, TiT).

I've been asked for ID at DJ before, though not last time a month or so ago (also obviously looking over 20). But I have experienced this sort of thing many many times in the US, where they'd just mindlessly card EVERYONE, and that means EVERYone, even if they look like our own great-grandpa. The reason being give? "It's the law").

So don't blame it on them, they probably get pressure from somewhere. This being Thailand, that will go away sooner or later (it already did like I said), unlike the US where they just keep doing it because "it's the law".

Sorry guys but they do not ID check ALL farang...i go there every trip (sometimes several times a week) and i have never EVER been checked...i'm early 40's but usually get told i look younger (probably a lie), but every time i get to the metal detector (that never seems to do anything) and the little desk i just get waved thru, i am quite tall though and fairly well know in there so possibly just cause i'm a semi familiar face.  To be fair i usually have a few asian guys with me & they always get checked irrespective of their age 20 or 30 etc.

Worse case the lad gets turned away and he goes with his date to Jupiter to watch the show or something, no big deal really.

6 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

Guys, the lad is only 18! He will have no problems finding similar aged thai /asian guys on the apps, in particular if he posts pics of a lean body (preferably his own!). No reason for him to resort to paid sex or expensive go-go bars/massage venues ; there will be plenty of nice looking local "next- door" guys eager to hook-up. I bet even in KSR he will get a lot attention in Grindr, Hornet and Blued. But of course he should experience Silom as well, but if the security guy at the entrance to Silom soi 2 asks for his ID, you will not get in (20y age limits is strictly enforced; farang or Asian - and the usual guy checking your ID (quite handsome, right?) is very experienced in spotting guys younger than 20y).

Anyway, good luck and enjoy! and please report back with your BKK experiences.

The problem at KSR is not finding partners through the apps but to bring them into your room ,most of the hotels are non joiners freindly for gays or straights.

20 years ago was my first time in Thailand and went straight to KSR since most backpackers did so but this days I find this area too crowded, commercial and filthy.

In my experience at DJ Station, I'm an Asian, the security officer check my passport. Also, I'm with my regular who is Thai when I entered there. I noticed they really check the ID or passport of the guests upon entering.

In my opinion, its still more safe to hire a boy in go go bar since they're employed than in apps or a boy u meet who is a complete stranger. But the safest is definitely a boy in massage place.

3 hours ago, anddy said:

that should not be a reason to avoid a place. Lack of oxygen is probably not the reason they asked for your ID. More likely:

(1) they couldn't guess your age because you are a farang (so take it as a compliment)

(2) They have a general rule to card EVERYONE, regardless of nationality and/or looks

(3) They had a recent police check which found a sloppy handling of the ID check (such as letting people like you through without it) and thus beccame strict (for a while, TiT).

I've been asked for ID at DJ before, though not last time a month or so ago (also obviously looking over 20). But I have experienced this sort of thing many many times in the US, where they'd just mindlessly card EVERYONE, and that means EVERYone, even if they look like our own great-grandpa. The reason being give? "It's the law").

So don't blame it on them, they probably get pressure from somewhere. This being Thailand, that will go away sooner or later (it already did like I said), unlike the US where they just keep doing it because "it's the law".

I got the same idea for a reason but in my eyes it doesn't make it less insane.

I'm not holding it against them and the same with US idiocies  you mentioned and I encountered there too in liquor stores because I'm not in either country and once was reprimanded at work   for not checking ID of client I'm working with at least 15 years. My explanation for that negligence was a bit less standardized as I said to then boss" I only look stupid, I know him since XXth century" 

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

20 years ago was my first time in Thailand and went straight to KSR since most backpackers did so but this days I find this area too crowded, commercial and filthy.

It's much cleaner now, commercial enough as expected for such area but I don't fly whole day to Asia to be in crowd of other farang I can see plenty from my window at home

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

KSR is falangs ghetto.

which is not necessarily bad thing as some people may feel more secure in familiar environment but I still advise everybody travelling no matter where to avoid such ghettos and try local experience and for gay traveler Silom seems to be such place in BKK