Moses

Companion and guide in Da Nang (also Hoi An and Hue), Central Vietnam. Siamroads.com

Please welcome our new guide in Da Nang - Dave (nickname)

Dave is 24 yo professional dancer and co-owner of Korean style BBQ restaurant. Languages: English, Vietnamese, Korean. Hobbies: dancing, travels, reading, painting. Personality: lively, easy going, talkative,

Full profile and more photos: https://siamroads.com/dave-guide-in-...oi-an-vietnam/

saigon-ho-chi-minh-guide-13.jpg.493b4b68a0c05e8b4319d7250416dff9.jpg

da-nang-guide-dave-10.jpg.c15af9f275515e52a2d286343e36ace7.jpg

saigon-ho-chi-minh-guide-16.jpg.0b7a586f2bbb915b704245a0d89b6929.jpg

First review on Dave's service:

Highly recommended! That was great!!! I miss you, Dave! 

I spent 3 days with Dave: a lazy walking tour of the city, a day at Ba Na Hills Park, a day at Hot Springs Park. We also had 3 night tours in the city center - bowling, night clubs, bars, a rooftop bar with ocean views. Dave did everything on time and was able to fulfill all my requirements in a very short time. Before the tour, I expected to meet in him a very professional, but a little cold and boring person, and I was mistaken: Dave is a little shy, but very friendly, lively guy with a good sense of humor. He made my vacation in Da Nang very bright and interesting, even when one of the days was quite rainy. Thank you for everything! 

PS: don’t miss dinner at his Korean-style barbecue restaurant, and also - if you have the opportunity - visit his performance as a dancer (this is something if you like K-Pop).

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out with something I've wondered about for years.  It's about a trip I took in Vietnam. It included a motorcycle tour I took out of  Dalat into the rural central part of the country. I was riding with a Vietnamese guide. We stopped at pullover on a back country road, there were two couples also on motorbikes parked there. The guide and the couples chatted, partly about me I think., Then one of the men walked over and held out his hand, when I responded he grabbed my hand, and with his other hand lightly rubbed my forearm back and forth and then walked back to his friends. I think I asked the guide what that was about, but he didn't answer. Would it have been to feel the hair that was on my arm, it is hairy. It was a wonderful trip. I saw so many foods that we buy in Canada, but never see growing.. ie rice, coffee, black pepper, cashew nuts and others. The local people were great.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, xpaulo said:

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out with something I've wondered about for years.  It's about a trip I took in Vietnam. It included a motorcycle tour I took out of  Dalat into the rural central part of the country. I was riding with a Vietnamese guide. We stopped at pullover on a back country road, there were two couples also on motorbikes parked there. The guide and the couples chatted, partly about me I think., Then one of the men walked over and held out his hand, when I responded he grabbed my hand, and with his other hand lightly rubbed my forearm back and forth and then walked back to his friends. I think I asked the guide what that was about, but he didn't answer. Would it have been to feel the hair that was on my arm, it is hairy. It was a wonderful trip. I saw so many foods that we buy in Canada, but never see growing.. ie rice, coffee, black pepper, cashew nuts and others. The local people were great.

It is quite typical reaction on covered by hairs hands in Asia. I got the same many times in VN, KH, TH and so on...