10tazione

Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories

So far I have seen only one Filipino BL series, "Sakristan". Promising start but then I was rather disappointed.
But now I started watching (first 3 episodes)

Gaya Sa Pelikula ("Like in the Movies", 2020)
Charming series, two great and cute actors in the main role. Funny story, very prominsing!
What sometimes bothers me with many Thai BL series is that the characters seem so restraint, not really alive. Like Tin in Love By Chance, but also Bright/Win, they don't really show much too emotions ... but then watch Gaya Sa Pelikula and your heart will be warmed :)

GayaSaPelikula.thumb.jpg.c8080a105ec70e3bbf97e171d3d20f14.jpg

No need to watch a trailer, just go directly to episode one! There are only 8 episodes, and they are rather short 20-30 min.

It's funny that they speak 1/3 english with each other!

On 11/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, 10tazione said:

So far I have seen only one Filipino BL series, "Sakristan". Promising start but then I was rather disappointed.
But now I started watching (first 3 episodes)

Gaya Sa Pelikula ("Like in the Movies", 2020)
Charming series, two great and cute actors in the main role. Funny story, very prominsing!
What sometimes bothers me with many Thai BL series is that the characters seem so restraint, not really alive. Like Tin in Love By Chance, but also Bright/Win, they don't really show much too emotions ... but then watch Gaya Sa Pelikula and your heart will be warmed :)

GayaSaPelikula.thumb.jpg.c8080a105ec70e3bbf97e171d3d20f14.jpg

No need to watch a trailer, just go directly to episode one! There are only 8 episodes, and they are rather short 20-30 min.

It's funny that they speak 1/3 english with each other!

I loved this series too, sister was too much to watch but the boys acted very well. Specially I like Vald, cute filipino chap.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:02 AM, vinapu said:

I finished watching "Love by Chance season 2 - Chance to Love' 13 episodes sequel to "Love by Chance " and in my opinion poor relative to an original series.  Ae and even Yacht are no  subdued this time  that is causing my tooth ache and I didn't like much Tin and Can at the first place.  They were  primary couple now in sequel.

Love By Chance 2: A Chance To Love (2020)

I agree! I don't know what to say. There were so many couples with potential for an interesting story,
but it was a disappointment. Most of the Tin - Can story was a repetition of season one, did they
forget that Tin - Can already met in season 1 ???
Same with Techno - Kengkla with Techno running away from his feelings for 13 episodes, it gets boring.
And let's not talk about Ae - Pete; Pete absent and Ae depressed all the time.

At least from E9 the story got more interesting with Tins family story and the revealings about
Tul - Gonhin. Too late to make the series a good one.
I liked Gonhin, I new the actor from Slamdance (non BL) and would like to see him more often:

gonhin.thumb.jpg.b427fc3f4e422463bd31e57cee87f81f.jpg

Every series has always at least one good song, like this one from season 1:

"Wish" by Boy Sompob

7 hours ago, newscene said:

I loved this series too, sister was too much to watch but the boys acted very well. Specially I like Vald, cute filipino chap.

I agree that sister was too much! Nevertheless the best series I have seen this year, a must see!!!
Yes, Vlad is cute and he has a sexy deep voice. Listen to his "like a virgin" - cover (not in the series):

Now continuiing with "Gameboys", and after watching 3 episodes I am starting to like it ...

I am an admirer of Filipino Guys, so I might be prejudice?? BUT...

I found the PH BoyLove Series more REAL!! They are dealing specifically with Covid, where none of the Thai Series are doing so. But they are also address the real difficulties of Gay identity in the Philippines. The issue of what will your Family or Dad think is central in the PH. And I am happy to see some guys who are accepted and understand the problems that other guys, like Karl, are facing.

The production quality of the PH BL Series does vary. But with major TV Stuidos and directors getting involved several are well done. In particular I found it amazing that "Gameboys" was all shot remotely, actually using ZOOM.

Anyway, almost too many Series to follow these days. I also like to have the entire Series on my HD and watch one at a time. HAHAHA

These boys in the thai series are all neat and tidy, smartly dressed and good-mannered, mostly coming from well-off hi-so families.

Seems to me that Interesting scenarii could be written as well about behind the scene moh-lam concert stories in Nakhon Nowhere or romantic gossip in Sticksburi technical college.

Give me rough lads / camp boys from isan or northern at any time !

6 hours ago, llz said:

These boys in the thai series are all neat and tidy, smartly dressed and good-mannered, mostly coming from well-off hi-so families.

You are right although I guess they need to consider  what audience is  looking for and may not be many takers for gay hooligans in series. In fact there was one bandit side character like in "Why R You "

On 11/26/2020 at 10:54 PM, llz said:

Seems to me that Interesting scenarii could be written as well about behind the scene moh-lam concert stories in Nakhon Nowhere or romantic gossip in Sticksburi technical college.

Thai culture prefer light skin ,Korean look twink look .

On 11/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, vinapu said:

You are right although I guess they need to consider  what audience is  looking for and may not be many takers for gay hooligans in series. In fact there was one bandit side character like in "Why R You "

The audience is young Thai girls. They like clean, gentle, rich boys.  But I’m with you; I’d like to see a little more Isan poor boy action.

A somewhat disjointed Bangkok Post article that starts out discussing gay rights in the Trump administration and prospects in the Biden administration quickly morphs into a discussion of current gay cinema. Found a takeaway about gay male films that my be of interest.

3824579.jpg

Nadao Bangkok's I Told Sunset About You, a romantic drama series that centers on the relationship between two high school boys. The five-episode series has completed its run and can now be binge-watched in one go on Line TV. What was initially perceived as the studio's attempt to hop on the popular Boys' Love bandwagon impressively turned out to be much more. At times sensual, at times heartbreaking, Sunset was a well-rounded, coming-of-age drama with good writing, and beautiful cinematography to match. The story dives into the struggle of defining and exploring one's identity and sexual orientation. The performance of two lead actors, Putthipong Assaratanakul and Krit Amnuaydechkorn, were also praised. Following a successful run, it was announced that a sequel is in the making and will follow the two protagonists as they go on to study at universities. This is set to be released in March 2021.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/2027507/light-flickers-in-us-fades-in-thailand