10tazione

Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories

9 hours ago, reader said:

A somewhat disjointed Bangkok Post article that starts out discussing gay rights in the Trump administration and prospects in the Biden administration quickly morphs into a discussion of current gay cinema. Found a takeaway about gay male films that my be of interest.

3824579.jpg

Nadao Bangkok's I Told Sunset About You, a romantic drama series that centers on the relationship between two high school boys. The five-episode series has completed its run and can now be binge-watched in one go on Line TV. What was initially perceived as the studio's attempt to hop on the popular Boys' Love bandwagon impressively turned out to be much more. At times sensual, at times heartbreaking, Sunset was a well-rounded, coming-of-age drama with good writing, and beautiful cinematography to match. The story dives into the struggle of defining and exploring one's identity and sexual orientation. The performance of two lead actors, Putthipong Assaratanakul and Krit Amnuaydechkorn, were also praised. Following a successful run, it was announced that a sequel is in the making and will follow the two protagonists as they go on to study at universities. This is set to be released in March 2021.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/2027507/light-flickers-in-us-fades-in-thailand

The last episode almost saved the series for me, but I wasn't a fan of the ending. I get that a lot of the praise was pinned on how "realistic" it is as a coming of age story. I didn't quite buy that, but there's plenty of melodrama. But for sure the cinematography is excellent. I wasn't quite as sold on the leads' acting, but the little mini-documentaries attached to each episode made them more likable.

After first episode of "Manner of Death " I must say it's  different by long mile from all BL shows I watched so far.

Very intense murder story so have your blood pressure pills handy but in the first episode we already have  a peek at Tul's naked torso and   MaxTul kissing scene so if one doesn't use that pill on digesting murder still needs it to get over gay love story it seems.

I found that description on internet very fitting "    This is a suspenseful crime series that tells a bond between two men through the gripping story of a murder case. "

It looks next 14 weeks  waiting for the vaccine will be shorter because of that very unusual BL story, 13 episodes to go.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

After first episode of "Manner of Death " I must say it's  different by long mile from all BL shows I watched so far.

Very intense murder story so have your blood pressure pills handy but in the first episode we already have  a peek at Tul's naked torso and   MaxTul kissing scene so if one doesn't use that pill on digesting murder still needs it to get over gay love story it seems.

I found that description on internet very fitting "    This is a suspenseful crime series that tells a bond between two men through the gripping story of a murder case. "

It looks next 14 weeks  waiting for the vaccine will be shorter because of that very unusual BL story, 13 episodes to go.

Yes I agree this series is different than the typical BL series the main plot is a the suicide/murder (?) mystery and the development of the relationship between the two main characters are in the bakround . The first episode is great and it seems very promising series.

7 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

For me it has to be "Manner of Death". But I have a big problem!! It is on We TV and to watch the later episodes you need to be a VIP!! And being in the USA I cannot enroll and pay. 

OH well...

no , you can watch for free week later, it's released on pay channel but week later you can watch for free

use link through this website

https://world-of-bl.com/index.php/Thai/Ingredients

worked for me for first 2 episodes, it's basically quite drastic crime story so far  with Max and Tul / Korn and Knock / being adversaries  so we will have two parallelly developments -  finding murderer and developing bond between those guys. 

By end of February we will know ( and perhpas will be vaccinated too )

Tul just updated on his social media that he is suffering from bell palsy and in need of rest. Wish him speedy recovery. He posted his pic trying to smile but half of his face is paralyzed with a caption "I'm seriously rocking it. Smile for a  better day." 

Had a friend before that got this before and it is curable. Main suspect is stress. 

19 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

For me it has to be "Manner of Death". But I have a big problem!! It is on We TV and to watch the later episodes you need to be a VIP!! And being in the USA I cannot enroll and pay. 

OH well...

you can find most of these things on dailymotion.com with subtitles. There's a little cottage industry of people of subtitle these things and post them. This person seems to be a reliable source. https://www.dailymotion.com/jiminskook  The first 3 episodes of this series are available.

4 hours ago, fedssocr said:

you can find most of these things on dailymotion.com with subtitles. There's a little cottage industry of people of subtitle these things and post them. This person seems to be a reliable source. https://www.dailymotion.com/jiminskook  The first 3 episodes of this series are available.

Yes, I had downloaded the first two episodes from jiminskook's post on dailymotion. I have now found a friend online who is downloading each episode from the We TV Site. But, as said here, he must wait 1 week because he does not have a VIP Subscription.

So far very interesting series. Cheers!!

You guys might want to watch "Kalel, 15", the movie from the Philippines starring Elijah Canlas. It is just now available on Netflix.

I watched it and have to say it is very depressing. Shows how difficult things can be living in Manila. Unless of course your family is Hi-So. I am glad my Guys live down on Cebu. It is still not easy but not like in this movie!!

Cheers!!

Kalel, 15 - Image 01.jpg

20 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

Yes, I had downloaded the first two episodes from jiminskook's post on dailymotion. I have now found a friend online who is downloading each episode from the We TV Site. But, as said here, he must wait 1 week because he does not have a VIP Subscription.

So far very interesting series. Cheers!!

I like how they dose suspense, each episode ends in moment it should not making me waiting impatiently for the next week's dose

10 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

HAHAHA They already have you HOOKED!! Enjoy!!

you got it right, I'm hooked , not as much to a crime and suspense story in series as I'm not fan of those but I like those both actors , their characters and their  chemistry. 

Curious to see how their relationship will develop in the series as now they seem to be only so-so toward each other.

In moment of weakness I even went as far as ordering Tul Pakorn t-shirt, LOL

Oxygen (2020)

I liked it more then "Still Together the Series" and "Love by Chance 2". Although I found the final story between Solo and his father rather weird. Father locks son up in his flat to convince him to work in fathers company (altough he prefers to be a musician) and to dump his boyfriend. Without phone and without food. Not for an hour, but for days. A simple educational means ... Am I the only one who thinks that's a crime? Maybe this is where asian and western culture differ ...
Oh, and in every series there is that mandatory attempt to drug someone and exploit his body ...

Other than that, I like the series. My favorite although is neither Solo nor Gui, it's Kao the bunny.

oxygen1.thumb.jpg.938f769ee24105a9fc8637be8fa02ffd.jpg

oxygen2.thumb.jpg.d9d212715e9788db5ed58519866eb02b.jpg

oxygen3.thumb.jpg.5fdf06a5ac20d556d3ef5ca2df885817.jpg