10tazione

Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories

On 5/26/2021 at 5:07 AM, Boy69 said:

The Thai culture is different not loosing face is very important issue in Thailand , once an actor is going public with an accusation of sexual harassment he might expose himself on public in negative light and it might destroy his career in the entertainment industry he will probably prefer to avoid this and move on , moreover it's very rare in Thailand to see accusations of harassments unless minors are involved and then the authorities taking this matter more seriously.

Just watch the Series "Call it What You Want". Many of those issues get addressed...

On 5/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, vinapu said:

all it takes is one person who doesn't care about that 

Sorry to come back to this point but it seems @vinapuis not so well aware of Thai customs and law. In Thailand, the age of consent is 15. However, a rather unique aspect of Thai law is that if a teen (15 - 18 yo) has sex outside the home, parental consent is required. As I have said before and as @Boy69has clarified in his last post above, the issues of face and destruction of a potential career are powerful considerarions. As if that is not bad enough, there is the publicity issue for the family. Anyone accusing another of forced sex or sexual harassment whilst between the ages of 15 and 18 will have to drag his parents into Court. That will expose them  to publicity they will certainly not want. Their positions in their communities will be subject to ridicule, if only because it will be assumed/gossiped they had failed as good parents to control their child. That would doubly result a case of loss of face. 

I have to say again, it will not happen in Thailand. Do you know of any case where such an case has come to Court and been successfully resolved in favour of the boy (or girl)?

I have wondered whether instead of taking a case to court a molested boy might seek a substantial amount of cash in lieu of legal action. I cannot see that working either, athough some paltry amount might be given just to get rid of the boy. The reason it won't work is it becomes a he said/he said case. In Thailand the senior high-so married with kids "pillar of the community" will always win.

3 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Thai customs and law. [...] if a teen (15 - 18 yo)

Interesting stuff, thanks a lot! I don't have any insight in Thai customs - so very interesting topic for me.

Most Thai BL actors are 18+, although.
But even a 15 year old does not need his parents for the court, if he waits 5-10 years.
Thai BL is relatively young - first series was Love Sick in 2014.  In the western world, accusations mostly come long after the actual happening, when they already became a grown up self-confident and maybe even famous actor - because noone is listening to an unknown wannabe actor.

People nowadays don't necessarily go to court, they post on instagram and facebook and TicToc (?)

What is your assessment regarding face? Isn't it changing, at least somewhat? We read about protests where people demand things they are not allowed to talk about - why isnt't that loss of face for their parents and should therefore not be possible to happen?

Will try to watch "Call it what you want" over the weekend... btw. in the chat in the youtube trailer people gossip about what the real happenings the story is based on and which BL actor is involved.

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

, the issues of face and destruction of a potential career are powerful considerations. As if that is not bad enough, there is the publicity issue for the family.

all it takes is one person who doesn't care about that . 

We have those issues  sometimes discussed in BL Series ( Korn and his sister in "Together with me ", 

dinner scene with Kao, Pete and their parents in " Dark Blue Kiss"  for example). 

Like many things of old , losing face fear may lose it's luster in time 

48 minutes ago, vinapu said:

We have those issues  sometimes discussed in BL Series ( Korn and his sister in "Together with me ", 

dinner scene with Kao, Pete and their parents in " Dark Blue Kiss"  for example). 

Like many things of old , losing face fear may lose it's luster in time 

Sorry I have not seen any of the BLmovies. If I interpret the above post correctly, the dinner scene takes place in the parents house. In that event, Thai law - perhaps oddly - says that is perfectly acceptable for sex with a 15 -18 year old boy or girl in the parent's house as it presumes the parents have given their permission! Make of that way you will!

The vital importance given to 'face' in most Asian societies - certainly Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Thai - is rarely understood in the west. The following article is an interesting introduction. I shall quote merely a few points here. The writer starts with an introduction about 'face' and then discusses it in relation to Chinese communities. Given that a vast number of Thais intermarried with Chinese in the 19th century, it is absolutely applicable here  -

"One way to describe Face is that it is the prevention of embarrassment at all costs. But that is insufficient as Asian cultures emphasize a concern with loss of Face for the individual personally, and for others as well. For example, a son would never disagree with his father in public, a colleague would never criticize another in public, nor would a subordinate point out an error made by a superior.

"There are many aspects of Face: one can lose Face, gain Face, and lose Face for others. One can also get the most unfortunate reputation of one who does not want Face, or worse, one who has no Face.

".... It is important to remember that many Chinese see themselves as seamlessly integrated with a wide range of other people, including their schoolmates, co-workers, and extended family, as well as their social, professional, and friendship networks.

"Since Americans don't have this same strong sense of integration with an extensive community, the concept of Face is based on a kind of relationship between people that is literally foreign to us.

"By explaining Face as shame, embarrassment, or loss of honor we are individualizing and personalizing the concept in a very American way, which prevents us from truly understanding it the Chinese way. An individual's loss of Face can unravel the complicated, carefully woven fabric of social relationships, what the Chinese call Guanxi, upon which every person's success in society depends."

Because face has been so deeply ingrained in the vast majority of Asians and Thais for centuries, I believe it that reducing its importance will equally take at least a century.

https://internationalman.com/articles/what-is-face-in-asian-culture-and-why-should-we-care/

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

For example, a son would never disagree with his father in public, a colleague would never criticize another in public, nor would a subordinate point out an error made by a superior.

Doesn't this imply that all the young people who where protesting against the government last year have the support of their father? Do you really believe that?

10 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Doesn't this imply that all the young people who where protesting against the government last year have the support of their father? Do you really believe that?

I don't know. But I believe a mass demonstration against a government is not a case of losing face. Thailand has had many such demonstrations, many involving students and some as in 1972/3 and 1992 ending in bloodshed. The same is true in China. Large anti-corruption and general anti-government demonstrations had been a not uncommon occurrence in Tiananmen Square prior to 1989. Would South Korea have got rid of dictators without years of mass student demonstrations? Japan regularly has militaristic right-wing demonstrations even today. All that is very different from one boy/man making a specific allegation against another older individual where all individuals involved and the case itself being publicly identified in the media.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:01 AM, spoon said:

Ive just saw a trailer of a new thai lgbtq reality show that sort of similar to the bachelor coming soon called Bromance. The trailer is in IG though, bromanceth

IMG_20210531_123947.thumb.jpg.7ac1c4ba8c2315f75f81c2a7b9787df3.jpg

So maxtul couple was the invited guest for the latest episodes! I just confirmed they do have english sub episodes too. 

From The Thai Enquirer

Smart AND sexy: K-drama has it all

The Hallyu Wave (Korean Wave) has been a part of Thai culture for decades. Whether it’s the pretty-faced K-pop stars and their catchy music, hilarious variety shows, amazing skincare secrets, or their unisex fashion style, there’s really no stopping the cultural influence of South Korea — not only in Thailand and Asia, but throughout the world.

And ever since we were all forced into lockdown by the pandemic over a year ago, their power has only grown in force and number.

Why? It’s really all thanks to streaming giants like Netflix that are helping to overcome that “one-inch barrier of subtitles,” in the worlds of Oscar-winning director Bong Joon Ho, for us to escape into another world, a world away from the pandemic and away from our fears: the world of K-dramas!

If you’re not aware of at least one K-drama, then you have probably been living under a rock. The storylines will leave you breathless at the end of every episode, and will make you swoon, gasp, and cry at their twists and turns, often all at the same time. 

From the historical tropes, feel-good rom-coms, family dramas to crime thrillers, here are the fan-favourite, zeitgeist-y, unmissable K-dramas on Netflix right now. (In no particular order, of course.)

Continues with photos

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28475/28475/

K-Drama-shizzle-3.png

10 hours ago, fedssocr said:

this could be interesting

it does indeed, we are waiting patiently, in meantime :"Fish Upon the Sky"  is approaching grand finale. Not outstanding 

but  funny. Main couple both very handsome , secondary couple more interesting as characters can't be more different and they still clicked.

Similar happened in My Engineer where I found secondary couple (Ram King ) more interesting than main one .

Yes, I've generally liked FUtS quite a bit. But the stalkerish/controlling behavior of Pond's character is problematic. I think Louis (Meen) is the best thing about the show. The acting has gone up a notch in the last few epiosdes. The fantasy sequences in Ep 11 were great. For sure the Duean/Meen story has been much more fun and interesting. And I like Duean's posse.

27 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

Yes, I've generally liked FUtS quite a bit. But the stalkerish/controlling behavior of Pond's character is problematic. 

I see it as he , fighting for  Pi who doesn't know what he wants, has no choice other than  not giving up even for a moment.   But this Pi is such an eye candy, only lesbian would not stalk him anyways!

Love Sick Season 2 (2015)
With 36 episodes the longest series I am aware of, but probably also with a record of gay couples at the end of the series. A BL couple comes never alone!

This is the main couple, Pun and No:

1215055312_9-Kopie.thumb.jpg.69de0236d5ea94477ff42120f5860da1.jpg

147947673_8-Kopie.thumb.jpg.e9e8c9068448a6ea11535f6095a479ae.jpg

Here is an article with some interesting and/or fun facts about Thai BL, especially Love Sick.

https://boyloveperusal.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/looking-back-six-years-of-love-sick/

The terms Seme and Uke, used in the article, are explained here:

https://boyloveperusal.wordpress.com/2020/06/15/a-beginners-guide-to-thai-bl/

A dialogue as it can only appear in a Thai BL series:

265493316_12a-Kopie.thumb.jpg.2edd384111697e563cfa901fd5fcb9ff.jpg

637331058_12b-Kopie.thumb.jpg.5a93f2de75c02128b6e00d95a7353739.jpg

1854932164_12c-Kopie.thumb.jpg.6443eaaf9a41de153162c558c6a3ea1e.jpg

627374241_12d-Kopie.thumb.jpg.b698d4d09df1a354c40a381db2c33400.jpg