10tazione

Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories

On 11/16/2022 at 1:17 PM, GWMinUS said:

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes I watched "Love in the Air". Enjoyed it...

Any comments on "Young Royals S2". I thought it ended much to soon...

There are too many Thai, filipino,korean, japanese series to keep up with!

The young royals was very good, yes, season 2 was way too short!

another favorite is Love Victor (Hulu 3 seasons complete - follow on to movie Love Simon)

Heart Stopper (Heartstopper is a British coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama television series on Netflix, adapted from the webcomic and graphic novel of the same name by .)

3 hours ago, maump said:

Heart Stopper (Heartstopper is a British coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama television series on Netflix, adapted from the webcomic and graphic novel of the same name by .)

I think you are talking about Season 1 of the Young Royals. When Nick and Charlie meet and fall in love...

9 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I can’t tell if you are making a joke or really confused about these 2 shows😂

I was uncertain as well.   season 2 of young royals left me hanging....

I hope there is a follow on to Heartstoppers.  see nick and charlie deal with the fallout of their relationship....

11 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I can’t tell if you are making a joke or really confused about these 2 shows😂

Thanks I was confused. 

Heartstopper stars Kit Connor and Joe Locke. "The cast of Netflix's Heartstopper released a video announcing that the series will return for Season 2 in 2023."

Young Royals stars Edvin Ryding and Omar Rudberg. This is the Series about the Prince of Sweden. They say Season 1 AND 2 of Young Royals are streaming on Netflix. I need to search for both. Finally here is an interview of both Edvin and Omar from YouTube.

CHEERS

• Members
9 hours ago, maump said:

I was uncertain as well.   season 2 of young royals left me hanging....

I hope there is a follow on to Heartstoppers.  see nick and charlie deal with the fallout of their relationship....

The Nick and Charlie story is already fully written, the webcomic is free here: HEARTSTOPPER - there will be an update immediately after this! i... (tumblr.com) (keep clicking "next" to read everything, plan several hours) 

or if you want it in print: Amazon.com

The Netflix show season 2 and 3 which are coming out in 2023 will diverge a bit from the comic (as usual) but not on the essential (it is a feel-good story). Alice Osman has full control over story in the Netflix version.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:33 AM, alvnv said:

1st episode of the new Thai BL “Hit Bite Love” is available on YouTube. Here’s a trailer for the show:

Quite a few Asian BLs are subbed on an amateur level, but this one takes the cake:

581A84E8-9BCA-4CCF-9022-8C3B5DEBD3C7.thumb.png.560b7b01d1283638120fd54bc5901cb8.png

One could probably practice comprehension  of MB scene English while watching this show.

I should add that I’m grateful for any and all subtitles, including this one, as they make watching these shows possible.

there are just too many series.   how to know which are good?   there is Japanese, Taiwanese, Filipino, vietnam....

27 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

Korean, Thai... I think the key is to not be afraid to stop watching if a show just doesn't grab you

sensible  but risky.

I recall I started liking "Together with me" or" Dark Blue Kiss"  only  after may be 4th or 5th episode and now for me both are  one of best series ever  

From The Economist

Gay watching for straight women

A Thai take on manga storylines is big in Japan

Are Thailand’s gay TV dramas the next K-pop?

The “2gether cafe”, a pop-up restaurant on the second floor of the Tower Records Shibuya building in Tokyo, is a hub for a new Asian craze. Visitors, all women, swoon over wall-to-wall pictures of Bright Vachirawit and Win Metawin, stars of “2gether: The Series”, a Thai TV drama about two students who fall in love. The actors, both men, are depicted exchanging flirtatious glances and hugging. Airy Thai pop music plays in the background. “I didn’t know Thailand had such handsome men,” says Kobayashi Maki. An ardent fan of the TV series, she is studying Thai because of it.

Thai soap operas about gay romance, generically known as “Boys’ Love” (BL) or sometimes “Y series”, are stealing hearts across Asia. Though the first shows appeared in 2014, the genre, including over a hundred series to date, took off outside Thailand during covid-19 lockdowns, thanks in part to many being available on YouTube.

============================

Unfortunately, the remainder of article is behind a paywall. But you can get a free month subscription at:

https://www.economist.com/asia/2023/03/09/are-thailands-gay-tv-dramas-the-next-k-pop