vaughn

Trip Report Dec/Jan - first time, better late than never.

Thanks for your great report!.  For a Bangkok first-timer you're a pro!   You're doing everything right* and it's working out for you.  Always nice when that happens.

The guys at Banana Boys do have fun with each other during the show and it helps make it all a bit more fun, I think.  

You could be writing the guide book now.

*One quibble:  FYI (In case you didn't know) MRT to Chatuchak is the long way.  Faster to take BTS and change at Siam.  But, as they say, up to you.

2 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Thanks for your great report!.  For a Bangkok first-timer you're a pro!   You're doing everything right* and it's working out for you.  Always nice when that happens.

The guys at Banana Boys do have fun with each other during the show and it helps make it all a bit more fun, I think.  

You could be writing the guide book now.

*One quibble:  FYI (In case you didn't know) MRT to Chatuchak is the long way.  Faster to take BTS and change at Siam.  But, as they say, up to you.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words!
I did go in with a fair amount of research largely thanks to all of the trip reports and threads on here, there was a lot to learn but it was a great way to build the anticipation for my trip.

At the end of my Pattaya section I'm going to put together a bunch of quick information i gathered and learnt during my preparation and trip, hopefully it can help another newbie.

Thanks! I'll give the BTS route a try when i return, I've already booked my next trip for April and plan to go back to Chatuchak markets to try to find a painting i now regret not buying.

Just now, spoon said:

Great report! Seems like we were there in bangkok around the same time, but we have different type. I havent start on my reporting yet, but have some snippet here and there on the forum.

It does seem like it was a busy Christmas/NY for the Bangkok scene!
I didn't make it along to any of the members meet ups but next time I hope to change that and put some faces to screennames :D

Is the ride on MRT really that much longer than on BTS? You are probably well under 65, so this may not apply, but if you are over 65 you can ride on MRT for half price seniors’ fare.  I have to use BTS to get home to On Nut, but I hate their card system as it doesn’t tell me how much is left on the card, and their noisy, repetitive announcements in that officious, abrasive female voice leaves me feeling homicidal.  If I have a choice I will always take MRT.

6 hours ago, vaughn said:

very sweet but had pretty bad breath

Can't remember how many off's this has killed for me, but at least it's something you can tell right away, before offing them.....finding something like anal warts, mooks and other hidden turn offs after is more of a bummer :(

1 hour ago, faranglaw said:

[...] use BTS [...] but I hate their card system as it doesn’t tell me how much is left on the card

you mean on the rabbit card? Of course it does, every time you swipe it at the turnstyles the display will say how much the balance is.

To OP: great report, lovely style :) 

Ive used both mrt and bts station to chatuchak. I prefer mrt because the stair to the station is right inside the market, while bts station is a bit of a walk north of the market. Of course this is given that my hotel is near to silom station. If i stay in pullman or furama, id stick to bts. 

8 hours ago, vaughn said:

My preference is twinks so a lot of the guys i will focus on are 20-25yo slim bottom guys, sorry hunk muscle fans you can stop reading now. :lol:

I chatted with the mamasan about a cute viet but mamasan said no good, he no suck or bottom (possibly straight), "don't take viet boys" was her advice. The mamasan proceeded to call out across the room to him to confirm and he shook his head no. It was a shame, he was probably the best fit for my type body wise, later on he appeared in the big cock show which at least gave me a bit of eye candy from him.

I'm glad I did not pay any attention  to your warning and liked you report very much , thank you

mamasan could or could not be right, she could be sincere or just getting back at boys who don't share their tips with her.

If guy is professed top shouting across the full bar with all and sundry present  to confirm is the worst way to see if there are any cicrcumstances he may change his mind. Quiet drink with in in the corner with his bar friends and mamasan as close to the moon as possible  may provide better assessment of his abilities 

8 hours ago, vaughn said:

first offer request was B3000 as he knew it was my first time in Bangkok....

admitting to being newbie is fine on this forum but not in bars or massage venues as that proposal attests

7 hours ago, vaughn said:

........I'm going to put together a bunch of quick information i gathered and learnt during my preparation and trip, hopefully it can help another newbie.

I like your attitude and way of thinking

Great reporting...helpful observation that some nights we can be tired and or eat something that requires stepping back from stepping out. Interesting in how a Banana boy becomes a Lucky Boy overnight. Being a butterfly who has failed at being a butterfly more than once, enjoy what / who you are enjoying!

looking forward to the next report. Thanks

According to the folks at google, the BTS route to chatuchak is about 7 minutes faster than the MRT route.  (Put another way, MRT is about 18% longer.). Up to you.

The stairs down from the BTS station are right at the MRT Chatuchak Park station.  There's a a short cut through the park at the MRT entrance that gets you the North/east part of the market quickly - and faster than swimming through the market crowds if that's where you're going.  The station after that - Kampheng ? - definitely gets you right into the southern end of the market.  (Art galleries are more to the northeast, and the fascinating but too often overlooked fish market is north around the "top", which is usually my first stop for picture taking.)

Peak Chatuchak time, I think the MRT is probably less crowded and when it's really hot here it has better A/C.  Personally, I prefer traveling above ground.  More of a view.

5 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Great reporting...helpful observation that some nights we can be tired and or eat something that requires stepping back from stepping out. Interesting in how a Banana boy becomes a Lucky Boy overnight. Being a butterfly who has failed at being a butterfly more than once, enjoy what / who you are enjoying!

During my trip in December, I offed a Thai boy from Banana. He told him it was his first day at Banana. He was at Lucky Boys previously. the strange thing was that I was at Lucky Boys for 3 nights before that and I didn’t notice him on stage. Probably because there were too many boys at Lucky Boys. But at Banana, his smooth tall lean swimmer’s bod stood out.

17 hours ago, vaughn said:

... waited for the midday heat to pass and walked over to the Mahanakhon skywalk after the rave reviews from other members :D, definitely a view of Bangkok worth seeing and even better if you can time it in between the chinese tour buses.

I forgot to mention in my other comment. Best l time  to go there is when they open at 10 am. Less crowded and air seems to be clearer before afternoon haze develops. Of course this being Bangkok ' clearer " doesn't exactly mean ' clear' 

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

I'm glad I did not pay any attention  to your warning and liked you report very much , thank you

mamasan could or could not be right, she could be sincere or just getting back at boys who don't share their tips with her.

If guy is professed top shouting across the full bar with all and sundry present  to confirm is the worst way to see if there are any cicrcumstances he may change his mind. Quiet drink with in in the corner with his bar friends and mamasan as close to the moon as possible  may provide better assessment of his abilities 

admitting to being newbie is fine on this forum but not in bars or massage venues as that proposal attests

I like your attitude and way of thinking

Yeah i was a little taken back by the question being asked across the room and i agree there was a 0% chance asking in that way would get any other response, i wasn't too worried though, there were plenty of options on the stage.

Admitting to being a first timer was one thing i went in telling myself i was going to lie about, but I'm a terrible liar so I inevitably blurted out the truth immediately :lol:

Thank you :)

6 hours ago, jason1975 said:

During my trip in December, I offed a Thai boy from Banana. He told him it was his first day at Banana. He was at Lucky Boys previously. the strange thing was that I was at Lucky Boys for 3 nights before that and I didn’t notice him on stage. Probably because there were too many boys at Lucky Boys. But at Banana, his smooth tall lean swimmer’s bod stood out.

I was wondering how often they move between bars and how the owners/management work to keep talent or attract new guys. He didn't give any indication of moving bars the night before then just let me know he was at LuckyBoys with x number now, i didn't ask why.. maybe a question for the future.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

I forgot to mention in my other comment. Best l time  to go there is when they open at 10 am. Less crowded and air seems to be clearer before afternoon haze develops. Of course this being Bangkok ' clearer " doesn't exactly mean ' clear' 

I do plan to go back, so i might try the opening time next time. thanks for the tip.. waiting around for the hordes of tour bus people to get out of the way was a bit annoying.

49 minutes ago, vaughn said:

It's hard to be home, and just days after being back I have booked flights back in April to continue my new found love affair with Thailand. My only regret is not coming to Bangkok sooner.

Really good report thank you. But are you sure about April with the dreaded Songkran?

If you like twinks, pattaya have lots of choices and BBB is the worst place to go for that. But then again, u already have N with you so nothing to regret. Id say cupidol, and even toyboys might have the type u like, though my visit to xboys, abomb and dreamboys saw that all 3 bars also have mixed type of guys with abomb having less twink and dreamboys more twink. But real twink haven in pattaya is sunee, or so ive heard. Didnt manage to go there last trip, but there are bars mentioned multiple times here that have young twinks (nice boys for example). Jomtien complex bars also have twinks but mostly disguised as waiters but they are definitely looking for off, and selling drinks at much cheaper price and will sit with you for further discussion and arrangement. 

I had similar experience last year going for countdown in bali hai. We managed to sit on the rock over the metal bar fencing of the beach, not so comfortable for seating but at least we are away from crowd, and a forum member manage to find me amidst the crowd. Firework wise, very lenghty, but the unfinished tower building next to the sign really ruined the view. This year, i did the countdown in bangkok instead. I agree, watching the firework a bit far away from the pier or from the comfort of balcony/window of hotels is much better, especially if u have a guy staying with u.

8 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Really good report thank you. But are you sure about April with the dreaded Songkran?

Is Songkran really bad? are the bars still open for business during that holiday? it is right in the middle of my stay.
I saw a few youtube videos etc, I figured it might be interesting to see.. hopefully i don't regret it.

5 minutes ago, vaughn said:

Is Songkran really bad? are the bars still open for business during that holiday? it is right in the middle of my stay.
I saw a few youtube videos etc, I figured it might be interesting to see.. hopefully i don't regret it.

Great report.  

During Songkran the gogo bars etc are all open as usual and it's a big party weekend and the gorgeous gays from all over SE Asia who are just now recovering from the New Years parties will be starting to plan their outfits for Songkran soon.  

Some people like Songkran.  Some don't.  I happen to like it.  If you've seen the videos then you already have an idea.  Try it once.  For the people who do enjoy, it is immense fun.  For the people who don't, I think it is a bit of fresh hell.  Would hate to see you miss out on it if it might turn out to be something you do enjoy.  (That's my standard advice.). 

I find Songkran a great opportunity to hook up with other gay Asian travellers. Some of the most attractive men I have ever seen are there! Plenty of action everywhere. Easy to make friends. So the bars do not hold my attention. 

I noticed the hot French guy at Le Meridien too :D he wasn’t there on my last trip and must have been transferred over from another property recently. There was some issue with my room and he promised to try and upgrade me on my next visit. Time to plan a return! 

If you want to stay here during Songkran, book it now! Lots of Grindr action within this hotel alone. My friend room hopped every night during Songkran. LOL.