mgb

Southern provinces of Thailand

It's time for me to do something interesting and adventurous.

I plan to come back Thailand end of March and this trip, i decide to step on southern provinces and "explore" boys there :)). Been in Hat Yai one time while on the way to Penang years ago so ican't say i'm completely new to the south. However, this time, i want to spend 10 days for Songkla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat. 

Like other newbie to new land, i'm most concerned of safety and gay venues that are worth to visit. As far as i know, those are considered "Islamic places" so gay things shouldn't be visible there but how serious is it, i dont know. 

That's why i need your wisdom, guys. Any info, sharings...appreciated.

Only the largest city of HaadYai has recognised gay places-bars,sauna and the like, the rest is ´all on app´ . Gay life/contacts do exist, but better be a little discreet further on in muslim/malay/yawi areas. Quite some time now since I have seen any recent reviews/reports about even HYai, but assume most places will still be there. They mainly aim visiting Malays. One of the sweetest and most likeable guys Ive met (in BKK though) hailed from there and he adored me after we discovered we could communicate in malay/yawi (his local dialect).

Be aware that beyond HYai any visitor from whereever will be very uncommon-the few who travel only pass by.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:05 PM, mgb said:

I plan to come back Thailand end of March and this trip, i decide to step on southern provinces and "explore" boys there :)). Been in Hat Yai one time while on the way to Penang years ago so ican't say i'm completely new to the south. However, this time, i want to spend 10 days for Songkla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat. 

I can't comment on these specific provinces, as, like you, my sole visit was to Hat Yai, years ago.

However, elsewhere in Thsiland, even in some of the regional cities, there can be relatively few boys available.  Fussy customers may well not find anyone suitable, whereas those who are more inclined to take anyone on offer should be OK.

I'm currently in a Thai town with about 50,000 people.  One lad showed up without ID card, despite me reminding him.   He got sent away.  After that, there are a couple of others on line interested in  Farang, but these are not the type I like.