williewillie

Boybars reopening Jun15th..?

I’ve now heard from two sources that boy bar beers will open shortly.  Both sources friends of friends and this should be considered hearsay.

The boy massage parlors are open in Jomtien Complex and around Tuk Com. Fitness 7 gyms have reopened with limited hours.

I think bar owners will have to make a choice between when they are allowed to open and when it is financially viable for them to open.

Some can perhaps survive just with the ex-Pat custom, but others will need the influx of foreign customers to make it viable for them to do so, and that, sadly still seems a long way off. 

1 hour ago, williewillie said:

The curfew will be suspended for 15 days starting shortly.  The biggest problem will be a lack of customers with only

Thai local and a few expats farangs until international flights resume in July.

Will the bars and pubs be allowed to open?  Newspaper reports are that the "fourth phase" of reopening proposed for June 15 does not include bars or pubs.

Several Thais have told me bars will reopen this coming Monday, the 15th..

I am under the impression, they heard or saw this news on television news program.  I called the date of reopening hearsay.

The recent reopening of the boy massage shops surprised me and I’m hopeful the reopening will occur on the 15th.  Hope

springs eternal.

I walked thru Sunee Plaza today and spoke with the Danish owner of Winner Boys.  He said curfew lifted and alcohol allowed 

in restaurants but bars will not open on 15th.  Later I passed by freshly painted Nice Boys and asked a boy I know when the bar

will reopen.  He said ‘long time’

.  July 1st would be nice.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, spoon said:

Could the bar open as restaurant instead? Serving food or takeaway alcoholic drink but doesnt serve at the bars? 

A very cunning plan.  

On 6/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, spoon said:

Could the bar open as restaurant instead? Serving food or takeaway alcoholic drink but doesnt serve at the bars? 

Balcony in Bangkok on soi 4 Reopening today June 16th as a restaurant serving drinks.  Plenty of cute waiters as well as freelancers

have been known to show up at Balcony.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:02 PM, williewillie said:

The curfew will be suspended for 15 days starting shortly.  The biggest problem will be a lack of customers with only

Thai local and a few expats farangs until international flights resume in July.

No one knows when the international flights will resume and on what conditions travelers will be aloud to enter , Sadly this is the situation all over the world and not specifically to Thailand . I wouldn't hold my breath for Thailand borders opening  in July.