vinapu

Very brief report of 21st trip to Thailand in Jun 2020

43 minutes ago, stijntje said:

You forgot to go to your favourite exchange booth at the airport, so no baht left for LT boy tonight ;) 

I'm sure Vinapu would have picked up about 200,000 baht at his favourite exchange booth in the airport rail station.

58 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Vinapu is right but we older guys  (or at least me) fear that soon, travel to Thailand may be beyond us. The months of sanuk we are missing now may not be available.

you got it right, inevitably one day we need to settle down , just like all others

On 6/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, vinapu said:

to complete that report I must mention that tonight ar 11 p.m I was supposed to fly back and in a day or two later start reporting it here.

I guess nothing to report, sigh

And I had planned to meet up this week with vinapu to share pizza...

18 hours ago, spoon said:

Ive spent the money i saved not being able to travel on some item purchases instead lol

My Dear Great-Aunt told me as a young boy! That I should be careful because money can burn a hole in your pocket!!!

I’ve spent 4 months in lockdown hardly spending any money. I would love to distribute my savings to worthy recipients  [ie Asian boys and gay bars}. Unfortunately travel to Thailand from the U.K. seems completely impractical as the moment with quarantine requirements on arrival and also on return to U.K. , despite flights being available. I don’t understand why Thailand is still on the U.K. list for quarantine whereas many European destinations with far worse Covid records have been free.
if somehow I did manage a trip setting a budget would be the last thing on my mind ! 

My guess is that the no-quarantine arrangements will be reciprocal;  both governments  will have to  agree to lift restrictions at the same time.

By the way, my boyfriend has an extension to his house in Kamphaeng Phaet, thanks to the virus. If the October trip meets the same fate as the June one, as seems likely, I'm bloody well spending that money on myself!