spoon

A look inside Thailand, which prevented coronavirus from gaining a foothold

Thanks @spoon for posting, but what's the source? A link would be useful to be able to re-share to others 

8 hours ago, PeterRS said:

Throughout the last couple of months, the only people I have seen not wearing masks in Bangkok have been a handful of farang!

I can't confirm that at all. I have seen Thais without masks as well, and increasingly so as local transmission have been zero for so long now. I see maskless Thais everywhere now, but it's always in outdoor settings, where I don't think it's a big deal. o be clear: by saying I see them everywhere I don't imply a large percentage. The vast majority still does wear masks more or less everywhere. Except guests in restaurants (both indoor and outdoor), where the rate is zero % LOL

9 minutes ago, anddy said:

Thanks @spoon for posting, but what's the source? A link would be useful to be able to re-share to others 

Spoon may have found it in another source, but I noticed it was in my feed from National Geographic and the piece is at least in part supported by a Nat Geo COVID-19 storytelling grant.

45 minutes ago, DivineMadman said:

Spoon may have found it in another source, but I noticed it was in my feed from National Geographic and the piece is at least in part supported by a Nat Geo COVID-19 storytelling grant.

Yup from national geopgraphy. At the end of the article does mentioned the photographer name who is a storytelling grantee of the National Geographic Society.

https://api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/history/2020/06/look-inside-thailand-prevented-coronavirus-gaining-foothold