peggywessex

jomtien hotels

Hi, its probably been asked a million times, but can anybody recommend a clean and comfortable hotel or apartment for around a month in Jan/Feb 2021? Near the gay complex there and not too expensive, but clean etc. Many thanks in advance. Peggy Wessex drag queen uk! 

The usual response from me....Agate! P and I love it; after decades of travelling in Thailand it's our favourite. A warm welcome to gay visitors. Book direct for the best prices, not on line and certainly not on Agoda etc. Email the reception. 

Too expensive? Zing, also gay-friendly, is nearby.

Tips about zing, ive tried 3 type of room there. The cheapest room is fine and adequate but for just a bit more, the upgraded room is much more convenient, spacious, and comes with a balcony. Ive tried the suite room on the ground floor facing pool, way too big and under furnished. Great to have multiple guys to hang out or orgy party though but for 2 person, it does feels all the space wasted lol but for the price, definitely worth it. Worth to note while booking that there are 2 zing hotels in jomtien, so choose one that is in the jomtien plaza closer to the beach. The other one are on the main road and far away from the scene.

Hi Peggy , other than the hotels which are already mentioned above I recommend East Suites in Jomtien , located just across the Thai Blind Massage Institute . Nice rooms with very reasonable rates . Usually fully booked before the pandemic , best to check in advance . Enjoy your time in Pattaya .

7 hours ago, Londoner said:

Vinapu always cheers me up! October has been my hope for some time but I fear that, even if Thailand has awoken from the pandemic,  air travel may be unavailable. Please tell me I'm wrong.

my problem is I was counting on Aug but October is only 3 months away, I can wait if I must but I'd rather not, he , he.

As long as general fear of getting sick from virus will be bigger than fear of dying from hunger ( figuratively and literally  - that in case of those billions living hand to mouth , now locked , we hear very little about those days )all we can do it what anddy advised in another thread ' wait and see"

On 6/29/2020 at 3:32 PM, Boy69 said:

The OP is looking for long term and not expensive accommodation the recommendations above are not relevant . The long term apartments in Veiw Talay condominiums are more relevant.

Zing can be had for reasonable prices. Think I paid something like 1200 for a corner room and I guess it kind of depends if they have a discount for longer stays.   

It kind of depends on what the OP defines as good value.   Some want 800 per night, others like anything under 4000.   

Word of caution though, airbnb or apartment rental is not legal in thailand for short term rental although enforcement on this is not so clear. Some people have no issues with airbnb but there are also cases that went to the court, especially on daily and weekly basis rental. One month might be ok but im not sure the clear law about this. Maybe other poster can pitch in on this.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:44 PM, peggywessex said:

Hi, its probably been asked a million times, but can anybody recommend a clean and comfortable hotel or apartment for around a month in Jan/Feb 2021? Near the gay complex there and not too expensive, but clean etc. Many thanks in advance. Peggy Wessex drag queen uk! 

A Thai friend who runs QM2.0 bar in Jomtien Complex had a 1 bed room 60sqm room for rent with 2 balconies,  I think above the bar, at Bt10,000 per month, but offering at Bt8,500 due to Covid situation.This was couple weeks ago so not sure if still available, or for which months. Sorry don't have precise contact details but if of interest you could try contacting QM 2.0 Bar through their Facebook page  [QM2.0 BAR].     

1 hour ago, newalaan said:

A Thai friend who runs QM2.0 bar in Jomtien Complex had a 1 bed room 60sqm room for rent with 2 balconies,  I think above the bar, at Bt10,000 per month, but offering at Bt8,500 due to Covid situation.This was couple weeks ago so not sure if still available, or for which months. Sorry don't have precise contact details but if of interest you could try contacting QM 2.0 Bar through their Facebook page  [QM2.0 BAR].     

not an option for light sleepers but great one for party lovers

On 7/3/2020 at 9:52 AM, spoon said:

Word of caution though, airbnb or apartment rental is not legal in thailand for short term rental although enforcement on this is not so clear.

Correct.

Other activities illegal in Thailand include prostitution, smoking in bars & riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Would airbnb just become another opportunity for the brown shirted mafia to collect money ?

On 7/3/2020 at 4:52 AM, spoon said:

Word of caution though, airbnb or apartment rental is not legal in thailand for short term rental although enforcement on this is not so clear. Some people have no issues with airbnb but there are also cases that went to the court, especially on daily and weekly basis rental. One month might be ok but im not sure the clear law about this. Maybe other poster can pitch in on this.

Have to agree with Z909.  I stayed a few nights in Pattaya in Feb at View Talay 6. I have stayed there for years . At least 3 agencies in the building with probably 100's of apartments available for short term. When I looked on Airbnb there were many other buildings available for short term rentals although some said don't tell anyone associated  with management.

I spent much longer time in Bangkok and there were again all sorts of apartments on Airbnb available for short time . I choose instead to spend some Hilton Points and stayed at Hilton Sukhumvit . Breakfast, Happy Hour and a Suite for free always wins out against Airbnb at least in Bangkok. I have however used Airbnb in Bangkok with no problems and know many people that have done the same.

Luckily ( or not) I got out just before the shutdown. European Union is not accepting anyone from the USA so I would be surprised if Thailand allows anyone in from the USA for quite some time , maybe until there is a new President!