TotallyOz

A Walk Around Gay Bangkok - November 21, 2020

This is the most encouraging report yet.

Very happy to learn that the beer bars on ground level are being populated by new--male--faces. The street level view should prove popular  because that's where you can make eye contact with passers by.

I'd like to think that Thailand and Vietnam could soon work out a travel bubble, given that they're two of the countries that have best managed their respective Covid situations.

On 11/26/2020 at 10:18 AM, Ruthrieston said:

I have lived in Pattaya for nine years now, and recently spent five nights in Bangkok so will add a little to this report. The new "Pride" bar in Soi 4 was really doing well, busy every night, with live music which was not deafening. The small "Connections" bar/karaoke place opposite was also doing well. I still feel loyal to Telephone Bar which I remember from my earliest visits to Thailand 22 years ago, when they still had those ancient telephones on each table and you could call over to another table if you felt like chatting to someone. 

I visited Patpong too, and sat at the outside bar opposite Dream Boys, just watching the world go by, and of course watching the young gentlemen arriving to work in the bars. Went into Dream Boys for the show, with about ten other customers. A good show culminating in the big cock show, with about nine taking part and looking very proud of their significant appendages. It must be hard work to keep that up with so few customers.

The next night into Jupiter 2018 on Soi 4, where the show was also great, even a little more professional in their choreography, though no big cock show, but all the young men look like models, so handsome and muscular. Customers about fourteen or so. A great show, and where I sat I had a good view of the corner where the chaps do their exercise, pulling weights and so forth. That helps too! 

My last night I spent in the front of Telephone Bar sipping a bottle of cheap champagne, relaxing and watching people come and go, still a great atmosphere, but I do look forward (as I am sure the business owners do!) to the return of the big crowds. I might even treat myself to a better bottle of the bubbly to celebrate that! Hopefully by the middle of next year when the vaccine has been distributed across Thailand. For now I remain grateful for how well Thailand has dealt with the pandemic.

May I know how many and how long the show in Dreamboy? There is a big cock show? Might visit there next week