bucknaway

What are they waiting for?

Either to join a protest or to earn some revenue ?

Looks very vaguely like lads at Saranrom park, except there are more lads and better lighting than I ever remember & I'm not sure that's the location either.    

So I would guess they are waiting to join a protest.

I also thought at first that this had to be boys outside Saranrom Park waiting for customers to pass by in their cars. The fact they are quite spread out also seems to indicate that. But the photo was taken too early the day. You can see the late afternoon sun and these boys rarely appeared before 8:00pm. 

Looking at photos of the park, I do not recognise the railings. If the boys were waiting for work, they would surely be closer together. Similarly were they going to a protest at least one would surely have a placard or some other sign. All very curious. 

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I also thought at first that this had to be boys outside Saranrom Park waiting for customers to pass by in their cars. The fact they are quite spread out also seems to indicate that. But the photo was taken too early the day. You can see the late afternoon sun and these boys rarely appeared before 8:00pm. 

Looking at photos of the park, I do not recognise the railings. If the boys were waiting for work, they would surely be closer together. Similarly were they going to a protest at least one would surely have a placard or some other sign. All very curious. 

The shadows suggest 2 light sources of similar power, so I believe it's artificial light.    That's way brighter than the lighting I remember Saranrom park, but it's been a few years since I ventured up there at night.   

47 minutes ago, llz said:

Phahonyothin Road in Bang Khen area, just south of the well-known Laksi roundabout. And Google Street View could confirm this in an unmistakable way (picture below).

Even has a skytrain station now.  

I'm not quite sure what the grand plan is here, as that's on the Green Line, running the wrong side of the runway from DMK airport, fairly close to a planned Red Line.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Mass_Rapid_Transit_Master_Plan_in_Bangkok_Metropolitan_Region