Cutey & Beauty

Well, google states that Cutey & Beauty has permanently closed.   

Edit:     Jasper says it has moved, see following post. 

[I had thought they would struggle without tourists, since 400 baht might be rather pricey for a hair cut in Thailand]

Screenshot_2020-12-24 cutey and beauty - Google Search.png

Thank you Jasper.      I've e-mailed them to suggest they might want to update their google maps entry ! 

Not updating google maps is negligent.  

Unless of course, their new location generates more than enough passing trade ?

I used to have my hair cut regularly in BKK....and about 300 bht was  about what I usually was charged. I'd be willing to  pay an extra 100bht  for a cute guy to see to me!

Now, I like the guy in the Complex near Dick's who only charges 100....much the same as in the many places near Tuc Com.  Here in London, a basic hair cut , even for OAPs is £10. In my case, it takes less than ten minutes. Thai always  barbers  attend to me lovingly and with infinite care.

Cutey and Beauty now known as C&B Gentleman's Barber is on Patpong 2, upstairs above  Screw Boys and next to Hotmale (I think).

The stylist is the lovely Burmese Nicky who can't speak a word of English but who cares?  He  uses Yee (?) the Burmese assistant from UP2 for translations.

A cut is 400 Baht but I'm not sure if that includes a shampoo or not.

They are closed on Sundays and on other days close at six.

I had my last 3 cuts there and am more than happy.

I send a message for an appointment to make sure that Nicky is on duty.

42 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Now, I like the guy in the Complex near Dick's who only charges 100....much the same as in the many places near Tuc Com.  Here in London, a basic hair cut , even for OAPs is £10.

My last Thai haircut was at the place you describe in Jomtien complex, back in February.    He cut it way too short for my liking, but I didn't say anything.   Anyhow, due to lockdowns in the UK and my caution following that, I didn't get another cut until July, in the UK.  So the short hair cut in February worked out well ! 

There then followed a hair cut in September.

21 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

Cutey and Beauty now known as C&B Gentleman's Barber is on Patpong 2, upstairs above  Screw Boys and next to Hotmale (I think).

They are missing a trick here.   If I search the recognised brand name, "Cutey & Beauty" on google desk top, it brings up a result with a prominent map on the RHS and closed.  Which is what I posted at the start of the thread.    Due to the grim situation in 2020, I believed that. 

Ideally he wants to merge the listings, so the old reviews are preserved and some how get google to direct searches for the old recognised brand name to the new location.

If Coca Cola ever did a suicidal rebrand to CC,  I imagine their IT department would fix the searches.   This is not quite so easy for a small barbers business.

Ever since I found it, Cutey and Beauty has been a must-visit destination for each of my Bangkok trips. They used to have a stylist named Yo-yo who gave me fantastic cuts and highlights. My Japanese stylist, who travels the world to cut hair for jet-setter Japanese, would always remark, "Wow, who cut your hair last time? He did a very good job." My reply was always, "Yo-yo, and he charges a fifth of what you do!"

I also go to Cutey and Beauty to get waxed. They are very fast and thorough and don't charge much. And they have other services I've sampled over the years. Some 15 or so years ago I showed up in the late afternoon without an appointment asking for a cut, highlights and a facial. I think I had earned a free facial on my point card. But the cut and highlights would be taken care of first. Unfortunately, by the time the stylist was finished with my hair, it was closing time. "No problem," he said, and he drew a makeshift curtain to partition off a back part of the shop. "I'll put the closed sign up and do your facial where nobody will see." I was unsure why we needed to go to such extremes, but, sure. There were only two people left in the shop, me and the stylist, a handsome stylist I would often bump into in DJ Station and flirt with.

So behind the curtain we went. Toward the end, with a mask on my face that needed to set for 15 or so minutes, the stylist decided to give me a quad massage. Nice! Hey, that feels really good, I told him. Thus encouraged, his hands made their way up to my crotch. I grew hard in no time and found my belt buckle and zipper being undone. Is this really happening, I wondered? Is this really going to happen? He started teasing me with his fingers, added some flickers of his tongue, slowly working his way up toward wrapping his lips around me. My abs couldn't stop involuntarily contracting. My brain kept telling me this couldn't be happening, that my life never suddenly becomes a scene from a triple-X-rated movie -- that nothing could possibly feel this good -- and that surely the stylist would zip me back up, leave me blue-balled and give me a wry smile any second now.

But he kept going, using a slow worshipful technique. His lips seemed to want to linger on my head, but he would soon start to whimper, a beautiful, lustful sound, then take my full length with a satisfying moan.

This really was happening, and know I fully understand why the makeshift drapes had been drawn. This had been planned. Maybe in all those DJ Station encounters it was my stylist who had been flirting with me.

So the next time I was in Bangkok, I decided again to stop by late in the afternoon, but my flirtatious stylist had moved on.

Fast-forward more than a decade. February 2020, before the coronavirus became a pandemic. The owner was in from Europe, Scotland, I believe, getting ready to bug out of Thaniya Plaza and hanging around his cozy shop. He was very proud to introduce me to his new stylist, Nicky, not because Nicky was particularly skilled but because Nicky is exceptionally cute.

I had actually been in about a month and a half earlier, and Nicky had cut my hair then, too, doing a terrific job with virtually no instructions from me because of the language barrier. I was explaining this to the owner, telling him I couldn't remember the stylist's name but that he was really young and new to the shop. The owner said it had to have been Nicky because he and his business partner hadn't hired anyone else new. He brought me over to make a formal introduction. He was beaming, proud of his new hire. So was his business partner, who decided he would hang around and guide Nicky through the cut. Unfortunately my idea of how I wanted my hair cut and the business partner's idea were completely different. Nicky became a nervous wreck, and I ended up with a terrible cut.

Oh, well. I'm really happy to hear that Cutey and Beauty has survived and look forward to returning next time I'm in Bangkok. I'll stop by late in the afternoon without an appointment for old time's sake.

Nicky is exceptionally slim and cute and does a superb job on the hair.   He's a little overdressed with clothes and an apron.   My imagination would have him in just the apron, but being realistic, some small white shorts and t-shirt should do it.

New location, behind the satellite dishes.

20201226_101938_copy_2290x1078.jpg

1 hour ago, z909 said:

Nicky is exceptionally slim and cute and does a superb job on the hair.  

Agreed about Nicky. He's not the fastest hairdresser in the world but who cares? Slow because he is a perfectionist.     He also has incredibly long fingers and we all know what that means ------- big gloves.

2 hours ago, z909 said:

Nicky is exceptionally slim and cute and does a superb job on the hair.   He's a little overdressed with clothes and an apron.   My imagination would have him in just the apron, but being realistic, some small white shorts and t-shirt should do it.

New location, behind the satellite dishes.

Any sign of makeshift drapes that may be put in place after closing at this new venue? Do Nicky’s fingers ever start to wander?