GWMinUS

PH Bans Countries

I hadn't even realised that The Philippines had reopened.

As it stands, travelling to a country with a lower rate of infection is preferable.  That's why I'm in Thailand, rather than (for example) Brazil.

A visit to The Philippines can wait until I'm vaccinated.

The levels of the quarantine in the Philippines have gone UP and DOWN. I have a friend on Negros. The City of Dumaguete is open but his area of Valencia is locked-down!! It is the same in various areas of Cebu Island.

And Tourists cannot yet travel to the PH. If you come on Business you must still test Negative on Arrival AND spend 14 days in Quarantine. SO not much chance to enjoy the warm beaches!!

There has been no decision as to which vaccine to give. President Duerte said the US should GIVE the PH 2 Million doses if the they want to keep their military bases there. HAHAHA! From what I read the PH will buy vaccine from Astra-Zeneca, not from China. But my friends there are "afraid" of the vaccine after the terrible experience with the Dengue Fever Vaccine. Again my friend on Negros keeps telling me to NOT take any vaccine. It will infect my brain.

SO I have no plans for a Holiday soon...

6 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

President Duerte said the US should GIVE the PH 2 Million doses if the they want to keep their military bases there. HAHAHA! From what I read the PH will buy vaccine from Astra-Zeneca, not from China. But my friends there are "afraid" of the vaccine after the terrible experience with the Dengue Fever Vaccine. Again my friend on Negros keeps telling me to NOT take any vaccine. It will infect my brain.

SO I have no plans for a Holiday soon...

Two million doses is naff all compared with the population.   Besides, with China in the region, The Philippines should do everything possible to keep US military bases.

By the time vaccines are widely available in The Philippines, they will have been field tested on hundreds of millions of people.